PDA

View Full Version : Locker Question

Kelly
10-30-2002, 10:02 AM
We'll need to get a locker at MK, Epcot and BB - can someone tell me - how do we access a locker - like do they take change or bills - and what is the cost.

Any other locker advice would be appreciated!

thanks!

Piglet822
10-30-2002, 04:27 PM
The last couple of times we got a locker at MK, we dealt with a real person. You pay a deposit (which you get back) and a locker rental fee and you will be given a key. At the end of the day return the key and you get your deposit back.

Nancyjae
10-30-2002, 04:38 PM
The last time I rented a locker I believe it was $6.00. You pay a cast member who is located at a station near the lockers at each park. They give you a key that can be used all day long. When you return the key, they give you a Disney Dollar back.

If you plan on going to other parks during the day, you can ask for a receipt, which then becomes your "locker hopper"! You do not have to pay for a locker at each park, you just show the receipt and they will give you another key.

Jared
10-30-2002, 08:36 PM
You will deal with an actual Cast Member when renting a locker. They are six dollars, but you will get a one dollar back for returning the key. If you plan on park hopping, the receipt will allow you to get a locker at another park for free. You can go back to your locker as much as you want.

smile.gif

HooksLeftHand
10-30-2002, 09:23 PM
Renting a locker is definitely worth it. They are quite roomy. Bear in mind, however, their location--if it starts to rain and you're at the other end of the park, your ponchos won't do you any good locked up. Try to plan your park touring route to swing by the front of the park midway through your day or so. (Or else hope one member of your party is a really fast distance runner!)

Maybe others can correct me, but I believe there used to be, and perhaps still is, another option for your refund at BB. I think a collector's cup, instead of the dollar?

KiNg4aDaY
11-02-2002, 01:19 AM
hello:

Just thought that I would write and say that one of my jobs at the studios is locker rentals. Lockers are $7.00 and when you return the locker key you get $2.00 of that back. So in reality the lockers only cost $5.00.

Locker rentals are located in the following areas of the parks:

Magic Kingdom: Lower level of the train station.
Epcot: next to spaceship earth..by camera shop.
Studios: Crossroads to the world.
Animal Kingdom: next to guest relations.

I hope that this helps you all out smile.gif

king

Freetime
11-02-2002, 02:58 PM
This is GREAT info.. But my wife will still probably want me to be a pack mule... If only she would visit intercot more often and read these... Every time I print something out that would make my life easier, she uses it as scrap paper... hmmmmmmm

Tony

Victor Kelly
11-02-2002, 04:20 PM
Well shucks, I didn't know you coulde locker hop as well! All you need is your receipt? Cool. That will come in handy next year. Thanks.

Piglet822
11-02-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Freetime:
Every time I print something out that would make my life easier, she uses it as scrap paper... hmmmmmmm

Tony graemlins/rotfl.gif Sounds like your wife and my husband might be related.