PDA

View Full Version : Tink's Flight

SouthernmostGopher
08-31-2002, 01:45 AM
Where is the best place to view Tink's flight from the castle?
thanks

43 days and counting graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

Disney-4-Me
08-31-2002, 08:00 AM
I think standing on the bridge to Tomorrowland is the best place to see Tink because she flies right over your head. If you are standing closer to the castle, you can't see the fireworks afterwards.

Jared
08-31-2002, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Disney-4-Me:
I think standing on the bridge to Tomorrowland is the best place to see Tink because she flies right over your head. If you are standing closer to the castle, you can't see the fireworks afterwards.I completely agree 100% with that. The bridge to Tomorrowland is an amazing place to see Tinker Bell's Flight. She literally will zoom directly over your head, and then you will have a great view of the fireworks. smile.gif

AmyKane
08-31-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Disney-4-Me:
I think standing on the bridge to Tomorrowland is the best place to see Tink because she flies right over your head. If you are standing closer to the castle, you can't see the fireworks afterwards.I second that!!! It is the best view! I think the kids enjoy her trip down more than the fireworks. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

joelkfla
08-31-2002, 12:08 PM
IMO, the street on the right side of the hub (as you face the Castle), about even with the Tomorrowland entrance. That way Tink doesn't pass directly over you (so she'll look smaller) and you'll have a mostly unobstructed view of the fireworks right over the Castle.

2PrincessesMom
08-31-2002, 12:56 PM
I agree with joelkfla. Just make sure that you don't stand in front of trees that can block you view of the fireworks. This is always the highlight of our trip my DD6 and I both love seeing Tink graemlins/clappy.gif

SouthernmostGopher
08-31-2002, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.

Disney-4-Me
09-01-2002, 05:41 PM
SouthernmostGopher, I read in one of your other posts that you are going to be at a MNSSHP night. Do you know that a witch will be flying instead of Tinker Bell?

I just wanted to make sure your 2 year old isn't expecting Tinker Bell and gets a witch instead.

No hysterical little girls! graemlins/rotfl.gif

Jeff Handshaw 100+visits
09-01-2002, 08:51 PM
Tink does not fly during Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party or Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.
You need to instead be standing in front of the castle for the fireworks. Half way through the fireworks will halt and a mini show will happen at the castle with characters poping in and out of parts of the castle followed by a surprise flight down Tinkerbells wire.

SouthernmostGopher
09-02-2002, 07:43 PM
I heard about the witch @ mnsshp. Thanks
I am really excited about seeing this event for the first time. So far the majority have said bridge to tomorrowland. I had read somewhere that there is an observation deck near the exit of BTMR that was a great viewing spot. I don't believe you can see Tink though...anybody ever tried this spot?
somogopher
41 days till Dole Whips graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

[ September 03, 2002, 02:14 AM: Message edited by: SouthernmostGopher ]

alittle figment of your imagination
09-08-2002, 05:06 PM
I have to had something though to this conversation. When I was there in July I talked to some cast members and they told me that people thought that the best view for the fireworks was , well, anywhere in front of the castle, and that it was false. The best place to view the fireworks, according to some of them, is in Toontown. I don't know if you can see tinkerbell from there thougt but the fireworks are launched from behind the castle, therefore it's better to see them from toontown.

I havn't tried though tongue.gif

Max

K8screen
09-08-2002, 05:41 PM
Are there ant CMs out there who have done Tinks flight? And are they girls or not? Of course the real Tink is a girl fairy, but you know what I mean

mainstreet1997
09-08-2002, 10:14 PM
I agree. Thats where I stood when I saw the fireworks during my 1997 band trip. It was kind of funny because a bird landed on the line and she had to stop. My friends standing closer to the castle didnt realize that had happened. Im not sure they were aware she even flew across the park!

leftear
09-09-2002, 05:33 PM
I've heard the same rumor, that Tink is usually a man, because of a body weight requirement, but I've never had it explained to me.

Several people on hiddenmickeys have reported that when they've stood on that Tomorrowland bridge mentioned above, Tinkerbell usually waves to them. A little extra bonus for you.

joelkfla
09-11-2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by alittle figment of your imagination:
I have to had something though to this conversation. When I was there in July I talked to some cast members and they told me that people thought that the best view for the fireworks was , well, anywhere in front of the castle, and that it was false. The best place to view the fireworks, according to some of them, is in Toontown. I don't know if you can see tinkerbell from there thougt but the fireworks are launched from behind the castle, therefore it's better to see them from toontown.MaxI've watched them from Toontown Fair. It is the closest you can get to them, so if you just want to see and feel the fireworks, yes, it's a good place to watch. But you won't see Tink, the castle, or (depending where you're standing) hear the music.

So if you want to experience the full show, meaning the fireworks, the castle lighting effects, Tink's flight, and the music, IMO the best spot is still from the right side of the Hub, near the bridge to Tomorrowland.