PDA

View Full Version : water taxi between MGM and Epcot??

KRISTENDAWN
08-02-2002, 02:56 PM
Did I read somewhere that there is a water taxi between MGM and Epcot? Why don't I remember ever seeing this? Where is it and when would someone use it? :D

Susie in NM
08-02-2002, 03:09 PM
Yes there is a boat (I guess the proper term is water taxi?) that goes from MGM to Epcot. We used it to get to the Boardwalk area when we were there as it makes a couple of stops on the way to Epcot. From CBR we took the bus to MGM and then the boat to the Boardwalk area. Hope this helps and I know there are lots of Intercotees who could add further details.
smile.gif
Susie

DW88
08-02-2002, 03:41 PM
Yes, there is a water taxi between MGM and Epcot. It's very scenic with views of the Boardwalk and Yacht CLub resort.One of the most relaxing parts of WDW! graemlins/mickey.gif smile.gif To get to it you either enter the International Gateway at Epcot or walk just outside MGM where the water is.Hope this helps!

GoofyWill
08-03-2002, 09:15 AM
I would definately take the boat. It is a longer ride, but it is more scenic and relaxing. The boat will stop and the Swan/Dolphin, YC/BC, and the Boardwalk first followed by Epcot. The bus can get quite crowded at certain times of the day to go over to Epcot. If you feel really energetic and don't mind walking, you can walk. The path follows the waterway and leads you to the Boardwalk, from there you walk through the Boardwalk and on to Epcot.

Sam Pinizzotto
08-03-2002, 01:39 PM
The boat (taxi) is a nice change and better than taking the bus. But walking is the best and fastest way to get to MGM or EPCOT from the Boardwalk Area.

The boats load at the Swan/Dolphin ride over to Boardwalk, then on to Beach Club and them MGM. I think it also is the same boat to EPCOT. I'm not sure the order of those stops is entirley accuate. My wife and I only rode them once.

Walking to MGM is a short walk along the waterway, under the road to the main gates. When you exit MGM the boat dock is off to the left.

Walking to EPCOT is even easier. From the Beach club it is only over the hill and down to the International Gateway Entrance. (This is where we enter to watch Illuminations.)

Have fun!