PDA

View Full Version : Firehouse/Firestation at MK

PlutoFan
06-11-2002, 12:00 PM
I thought at one time I read about a firehouse or firestation at Magic Kingdom on Main Street. I have been to Disney before but never noticed this building before. It was mentioned that there are patches from fire companies from all over. My son wants me take a patch from the volunteer fire company that he is a member of and place it with the display of other patches. Is this possible? Thanks.

Jasper
06-11-2002, 12:18 PM
As you stand at the turnstyles facing the MK enter the park through the left hand tunnel. Just after exiting the tunnel you will see the city hall on your left. The fire station is just past city hall.

Or at least it used to be. We haven't ever actually gone into it so I don't know about the patches or anything else they have inside.

Good luck

samanthastanky
06-11-2002, 01:06 PM
From what I remember they sell a lot of Mickey as a fireman merchandise, and I am pretty sure that they sell patches. Last time I was there they had these great Mickey's FD embroidered tee shirts. Have fun!!!

TiggerRPh
06-11-2002, 02:37 PM
The firehouse is between City Hall and the Emporium on the left of Town Square as you face Cinderella's Castle.

Eggleboo
06-11-2002, 08:32 PM
Hi, I don't think they accept patches at the Main Street Firehouse anymore. The last time we tried was about 8 years ago and they suggested we go to the Reedy Creek Fire Dept. right down the road from Boardwalk and try trading or leaving one there. It's a great firehouse to visit! The firehouse in MK is nice but it's mostly a place to buy a few Disney Fire Dept. trinkets!

DisneyJen26
06-12-2002, 08:25 AM
Friends of ours went down in April and left a fire department patch. When we went down in May we looked for it and the CM told us that because they get so many it would probably be a couple months before it got put up.

Fantasia
06-12-2002, 11:24 AM
We were there last Sept. and the Firehouse on Main Street said that they weren't accepting new patches but Reedy Creek trades patches. Maybe it depends on who is working that day. We already had plans to visit RC Fire Dept. and it's really cool. The outside has Dalmatian spots on one side and BIG painted bricks on the other. They showed us all around. Dispatch, office's, equipment, sleeping quarters etc. Actually they let us wander out to look at the equipment by ourselves. I doubt if they would let anyone do that now! As far as the patch the guy told us to just save it but gave us a Reedy Creek patch. I was disappointed that neither MK or RC took our patch. I wish they would have just taken it and let my DH think it would have been seen. I hope you have better lucky. Reedy Creek is very close to CB resort.

aquaboogie
06-12-2002, 04:31 PM
Is there a fire truck or fire hose or anything one might be able to take a picture with at the firehouse?

Main Street Jim
06-12-2002, 11:34 PM
We do indeed have a Fire Truck as part of the Main Street "cast" of vehicles. However, you would have to catch it in the morning - if it's out. Vehicles only run from 9am until about 1-1:30pm, when we all have to be at a parade meeting at 2:00pm. Depends on the shift manager on what vehicles are out on the streets.

If you go to my Main Street page at our Web site (listed in my profile), you'll find a very nice picture of the Fire Truck with my good buddy Tim driving out in front of the Castle smile.gif

[ June 12, 2002, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: Main Street Jim ]

PeterPan
06-13-2002, 01:09 AM
Maybe I'm not the only one who remembers when the Firehouse was NOT a store selling merchandise! To all appearances, it WAS a firehouse - outfitted with some very authentic (if not real) firehouse paraphanalia. AND they actually parked the firetruck inside. It was GREAT. This was back in the days when there was TONS of atmospheric stuff all over the parks - little nooks and crannies that didn't have to turn a profit!!! Remember the Penny Arcade?