PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Mouse Ear Hats in MK???

Hirpa
04-18-2002, 11:57 AM
My DS and DD want the popular Mickey Mouse Ear Hats when we get to WDW in May. Anybody know the cost and where to get them in the MK? DS said it won't be like he's at WDW unless he has one! Do they personalize them? Extra cost to do so? graemlins/mickey.gif

Thank you!

imported_Melanears
04-18-2002, 12:04 PM
The place to buy them in the MK is called The Chapeau. It is one of the first shops you come to when you enter the MK. It will be on your right, beside the Expo Hall. If I remember correctly, it is less than $5 and yes, they monogram them free! smile.gif Have a great trip! graemlins/muscles.gif

Melanie
graemlins/mickey.gif

LittleSpirit02
04-18-2002, 12:17 PM
Wow, that's a really good price! What are they made out of? Do they last a long time?
graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/mickey.gif graemlins/thumbsup.gif

imported_Melanears
04-18-2002, 12:59 PM
The hat portion is made of sturdy felt, and the ears themselves are plastic. We bought some in '99 for our son and he plays with the all the time. Actually, he had them on this morning! :D They've held up just fine.

We bought some for our other son last month, and there is one thing I did notice. On the pair we got in '99 there was a strap to go around the chin to hold the hat in place, but the newer ones don't have that. Could be potential for losing them very easy in the parks, in my opinion. I like the strap!

Melanie
graemlins/mickey.gif

Melanie

Noah's Helper
04-18-2002, 09:58 PM
As I remember it, the infant size has a strap, but the larger sizes do not. graemlins/mickey.gif (This was as of last November.)

MKPlutoGuy
04-19-2002, 01:03 PM
A few weeks ago, I was rummaging through our old toys, and I found my very first Mickey Mouse hat with, "Eddy" monogrammed on the back, from my very first trip back in 1990. I just stood there and almost started to cry-I couldn't believe I had actually found it!

Definately try to purchase one-you never know when Disney's magic will enchant you again! smile.gif

Tyrone
04-21-2002, 12:47 PM
I try to purchase a new set of ears each time I go. They are a relatively cheap souvenir compared to other things. Plus sometimes they have special versions for celebrations, I have some great ones from the 25th Anniversary.

graemlins/mickey.gif

jaretsmom
04-22-2002, 01:12 PM
We were there in Feb.The cost is $6.00.Try to go 1st thing as it gets really busy!!!The line up for monogramming can be quite long.There is also a place in Adventureland which does monogramming but I can't remember where????

imported_Melanears
04-22-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Noah's Helper:
As I remember it, the infant size has a strap, but the larger sizes do not. graemlins/mickey.gif (This was as of last November.)You know what Ben, I went and checked when I read your post and that's exactly what it was ~ we got a larger size this time. I didn't know there was more than one size, and they didn't ask us when we bought them this time. I will be well aware next time. Thanks for pointing that out! smile.gif

Disneywarrior
05-21-2002, 11:39 AM
Yes, the Chapeau is the best place to get the Mickey ears with monograming. However, I believe they also do it in Fantasyland at The Mad Hatter.(beside the departed Legend of the Lion King)