PDA

View Full Version : Can you be too big for Mission Space

BelleCiavo
06-12-2003, 09:08 AM
I realize that not many have experienced this attraction yet but my brother, who is 6'4" and says he's 250 lbs (probrably closer to 275 ;) ) is going to be there for soft opening in August and is concerned he won't be able to ride. What do you think? :confused:

disneydeb
06-12-2003, 09:12 AM
I am short, but pretty larg around the mid-section. I have never been uncomfortable at Disney, at Universal is a different story. graemlins/shakehead.gif :rolleyes:

Mufasa
06-12-2003, 12:34 PM
Mission: Space's pods have dividers between the seats and the front screen/controls are brought in to you close but I'm confident that your brother will be able to experience the attraction.

It's not as tight a squeeze as the seats on an airplane in coach- the best sort of analogy as far as seating would be like some of the inverted/suspended roller coasters these days (the ones where they look like ski lift chairs)- an example would be coaster like dueling dragons at Islands of Adventure.

Before you enter the attraction there's a mock-up of one of the training pods in the queue area where you can see just how large the pod is and how the seating is arranged.

Mufasa
07-22-2003, 12:01 AM
I wanted to provide some further details on Mission: Space for those guests who have a larger frame:

1.) The attraction has a theoretical weight limit of 300 lbs. per seat (each capsule has a maximum rider rating of 1200 lbs). The only real restriction here is that the over the shoulder restraint system must be able to lock.

2.) The maximum theoretical height restriction for Mission: Space will be 84 inches (7 feet).

Hope this helps

imported_PolyGirl40
07-22-2003, 10:01 AM
Thank you for the follow up.

Originally posted by Mufasa:

The attraction has a theoretical weight limit of 300 lbs. per seat Would they actually turn someone away from riding if they're too heavy? Do they have signs? That would be very embarrassing for someone.

DizneyRox
07-22-2003, 10:12 AM
Yeah, that limit seems a bit low, judging by some of the people I've seen at WDW.

dulyjs
07-22-2003, 10:15 AM
I'm more curious about size rather than weight. My sister is on the weighty side, but her problem on some rides is the size of her bust. She always has to get in the big person's seat on the coasters at Universal so the harnesses can be secured over her humongous headlights.

What are the belts and harnesses like on Mission: Space?

MkDsny
07-22-2003, 11:50 AM
HI! I'm 6'2" and weight 275 lbs. I got on the ride fine without any problems. graemlins/thumbsup.gif The seats weren't even a tight fight! And the harnesses are similar to rollercoaster harnesses: over the shoulder, v-shape, you pull them down & lock them in place. graemlins/mickey.gif

Lindsey
07-22-2003, 01:10 PM
Posted by PolyGirl140: Would they actually turn someone away from riding if they're too heavy? Do they have signs? That would be very embarrassing for someone. My guess would be if someone was over 300 lbs then the castmembers would just make certain that they didn't fill the pod up with 4 people. Maybe they would only seat 2 or 3 people in the pod so that they didn't go over the wieght limit. :confused: