PDA

View Full Version : Attraction of the Week 01/27 -- Fantasmic!

imported_PolyGirl40
01-27-2002, 01:27 PM
Love it - Love it - Love it! graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

It is my favorite evening production. I’m a huge Sorcerer Mickey fan - so this is absolute entertainment candy for me. :D There’s characters, lasers, lights, fire, music, movies and lots of magic to behold.

Our first park evening is always spent at Fantasmic!. My favorite part is the ending. "Now you will deal with MY imagination!" Once again - good wins over evil. Hooray Mickey! :cool:

Is this a *must do* for you? If so; What is your favorite section of the show?

graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Jennib
01-27-2002, 02:30 PM
I can not say enough about this show. I had never seen it and I just got the chance this past trip. I sat thru the whole show with my mouth wide open. It was so amazing and lovely! It almost made me cry at the end.

The only thing I would do diffrent is to sit higher up. We sat about 6 rows from the front and we got sprayed a couple of times.

I love this show!!!! Now I see why people stand in line for 2 hours to see it!

Beach Club Babe
01-27-2002, 02:34 PM
This is absolutely my favorite night time show. We missed it our 1st trip, but after seeing it the next time. It is one thing I will not miss.

I can't pick just one favorite part. It's just too good all the way around!

mickeyd
01-27-2002, 03:24 PM
Fantasmic has to be seem to be believed. I love it. My favorite part is when the lake catches on fire. I have a fantasstic photo of it in my album.

goofgal
01-27-2002, 03:59 PM
This is quite simply the best show I have ever seen. The pyrotechnics, the other visual effects and the music just can't be beat.

graemlins/thumbsup.gif graemlins/thumbsup.gif

imported_Melanears
01-27-2002, 04:04 PM
I too am a huge fan of Mickey as the Sorcerer, so Fantasmic is special to me also. I love that so many Disney characters are in one show! The music is great. I listen to my Fantasmic CD all the time. Can't wait to take my sons for the first time in March! I'm sure they will love it! graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

Melanie graemlins/mickey.gif

faline
01-27-2002, 05:03 PM
Great show! I was simply astounded the first time I saw it. There is not a dull moment in the entire show!

SgtTigger
01-27-2002, 05:50 PM
Love it.... The best part is when mickey is taking back his imagination and tinkerbell comes flying on the water screen. You just get that great feeling when you see her and eveything is going to get better. graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/mickey.gif

DisneyWizard
01-27-2002, 06:37 PM
Definately a favorite for me! My favorite scene is when Maleficent comes and turns into the dragon, and then at the end with all of those switching Mickeys! graemlins/mickey.gif A must see if I do say so myself.

JessieTYCG
01-27-2002, 07:12 PM
I must agree with everyone's posts regarding Fantasmic, but with a disclaimer. My DH, DD, and I saw Fantasmic last year based on the rave reviews it was getting from our fellow resort attendees. I absolutely loved it - especially how they projected movie images on to the water sprays - AWESOME!! graemlins/notworthy.gif

However, My 3 yr. old DD DID NOT like this production! In fact, she was scared silly. :eek: This show might be way to intense for little ones, especially during the "darker" moments of the show ie: The pre-mentioned Dragon episode - scare city!! :eek:

My husband ended up taking my little one out of the show early and I stayed to video tape what he missed. So just a word of caution on this attraction - keep the little ones away.

JessieTYCG

DONROCK
01-27-2002, 07:23 PM
We saw Fantasmic for the first time on our last trip in Sept. There are not enough words to describe how AWESOME this show is. This show will now be added to our list of "must see" attractions on our WDW vacations!
Donna

snmthecloser
01-27-2002, 08:01 PM
I have to say that it is my favorite nighttime show! graemlins/clappy.gif I LOVE IT!!! Hope it will win again. graemlins/crazy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

Jillpie
01-27-2002, 09:46 PM
This is a one of a kind, fabulous show. My FAVORITE part has to be when I first saw the character boat light up!!! Is there anything better than the very first time you see that and don't even expect it??? It is pure Disney magic, just fantastic.

SpecJoe Magic
01-27-2002, 09:50 PM
One of the most amazing productions in the history of shows. Well worth the wait. This show is so good that it is hard to describe the magnificence of it to someone who has not seen it. One of the top 10 things to experience at WDW in my opinion. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Disney2002
01-27-2002, 09:55 PM
When do you guys get there... and what is your favorite section?

SpecJoe Magic
01-27-2002, 10:01 PM
<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Disney2002:
When do you guys get there... and what is your favorite section?<hr></blockquote>

I don't have a favorite section. Just don't set close to the front unless you want to get a little wet. If you go to the late show, you should have no problem getting a seat because it seems like most people like to go to the early show. If you go to the late show, getting there 30 minutes before the show should be plenty of time. However, if you go to the early show, I recommend you get there about an hour or maybe a little more before the show starts. It all depends on what time of the year you will be at WDW. Peak crowd times usually dictate having to get to Fantasmic earlier.

Disneywarrior
01-28-2002, 11:36 AM
Fantasmic! is an absolute must on every trip to WDW. It is quite possibly the greatest Disney production ever. My favorite parts are the beginnig and the ending. graemlins/muscles.gif

Jared
01-28-2002, 03:52 PM
I have never seen Fantasmic!! I know it sounds hard to believe, but on all of my WDW trips, we have traveled with an infant or small child, who really couldn't stay out past 5 or 6 without passing out, we always had to skip all the nighttime activities. But, for my next two trips, May and December, it will finally be my time! ;)

EmsMom1989
01-29-2002, 08:10 AM
We saw this for the first time last week and it is wonderful! Must add a tidbit about all the long lines.......we avoided them entirely by having a dinner reservation at H&V (great buffet by the way) and then had preferred seating for the show and did not have to stand in any line at all. We just walked from H&V straight to our seats. Even though park attendance was low the day we were there, the stadium filled up, this may have been because there was only one show.

Michael Darling
01-29-2002, 11:00 AM
I've only seen Fantasmic! once. I didn't enjoy it all that much when I did (I thought it was a little... well... odd). Of course, our very own Fantasmic got wind of that and she proceeded to yell at me for a while... ;) (speaking of whom... she hasn't seen this thread yet? :eek: )

Since I got in trouble for not likeing Fantasmic ( ;) ) I've listened to the music of the show a few times and it's starting to grow on me. I'll go see it again on my next trip to WDW (unlike my 2 most recent trips).

Fantasmic
01-29-2002, 01:08 PM
I'm Here !

yeah, I just LOVE this show. It's just breathtaking and I can't put it into words how much I like it. Unbelivable

Why else did you think I chose this username !

"Some imagination huh"

graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/muscles.gif :cool: graemlins/muscles.gif :cool:

My favorite section is Mickey, otherwise you can see through the water when the scene changes are taking place and it kinda ruins the effect.
Favorite part is "Dancing Bubbles", the finesse of the music in this section is amazing.

The 9000 people Mexican Wave ! Now that is a sight to be seen !!!

New Yorker Rosie... she's annoying

those are just some of my random thoughts ! smile.gif

iamaDnut
01-29-2002, 05:07 PM
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT
It brings a tear to my eye every time
and goose bumps too graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/thumbsup.gif graemlins/thumbsup.gif

roses
01-30-2002, 09:19 AM
I haven't gone to see this yet. But it is on the top of my list for when I go in April. I've heard so many good things about this show that I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to see this. And whats wrong with New Yorker Rosie? There is nothing wrong with that name or being from NY ;)

MaggieMouse
01-30-2002, 10:49 AM
I loved this show when I saw it in May 2000. I so wanted to see this when we went in December (really I wanted DH to see it). But we went to MGM in the morning so we never got to see it. Maybe when I go back I'll get to see it again.

PawleyPlatoon
01-30-2002, 11:00 AM
I've only seen Fantasmic one time, but was it terrific!

My friend highly recommended this show and that the 2 hour wait was well worth our time. In addition, once you get into the theater, there is pre-show entertainment that was excellent.

OK, now I'm gonna try to figure out this cutey smiley movey things again...........

graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/clappy.gif :D

Fantasmic
01-30-2002, 01:06 PM
<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by roses:
And whats wrong with New Yorker Rosie? There is nothing wrong with that name or being from NY ;) <hr></blockquote>

nothing wrong with being from NY, or being called rosie, but she has the most annoying voice !
She is funny though ! graemlins/muscles.gif

ParkHopper
01-30-2002, 02:36 PM
<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Fantasmic has to be seen to be believed. <hr></blockquote>

Where have I heard this before??? maybe the trip planning video. graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

I could not agree more with everyone that this is an awesome show, we just saw it again MLK weekend and I saw the theater fill up quicker than I have ever seen it.

This a must see attraction, just make sure you are there early!!!!

AbbyabbyAbby
01-30-2002, 08:14 PM
This is a great not to be missed show!!! :D Doing the dinner package works out great...you don't have to go early and stand in line! ;)

mickclub1955
01-30-2002, 10:44 PM
Great show but the one at Disneyland is 100% better. The Peter Pan scene is incredible. But if the one at WDW is the only one I get to see. I will settle. graemlins/mickey.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/muscles.gif