PDA

View Full Version : Attraction of the Week 02/03 -- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster

imported_PolyGirl40
02-03-2002, 01:32 PM
What can I say? :cool: Wow! :cool:

I took my first “loop” during our March vacation last year. I was prepared for the takeoff but I had no idea the thing went upside down. graemlins/doubleeek.gif My teenage companions deemed this attraction their favorite. In fact they took part in a 6 time continuous round of Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster on our departure day. They got up to be the first through the gates for early entry. graemlins/silly.gif

What fun! The sounds, speed and amazing thrills. I’m proud to say; I made it cross-town. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Now my 7 year old hopes to be “big” enough to go for a spin in a limousine. He measured in at 47-¾” last month at the Doctors. We’ve been watering him daily in hopes he’s grown that extra ¼”. He’ll be so disappointed if he doesn’t. We leave in 5 days. graemlins/shakehead.gif

What stands out for you the most? I try to soak everything up. From the queue area to the exit. I must admit. I did close my eyes a few times. graemlins/blush.gif Needless to say, the hairdo one accumulates during the ride is priceless.

graemlins/silly.gif

[ February 03, 2002: Message edited by: PolyGirl40 ]</p>

Nom
02-03-2002, 03:17 PM
I agree that this is a GREAT ride- the take-off alone is the best! The pre-show is pretty dorky, but it's so dorky it's funny, IMO. I love the theming of the area after the pre-show; the back-alley is so realistic and the detail is fantastic!

And I have to agree with the hairdo comment- I always look like Princess Di circa 1982 in the photo gallery area. Ha ha!

This is one I have to get my mom on next time we go!

Duchess99
02-03-2002, 03:40 PM
My favorite part has to be the feeling you get going from 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds!!! It takes your breath away! The music is also such a great feature...

Jillpie
02-03-2002, 03:47 PM
I lOVE this ride. We have to figure out how to convince our l0 year old to do it, he didn't like it at all. WOOOOW, what a thrill. I didn't like however, that first loop, but the feeling disappeared immediately and I completely loved the speed of this ride. Only 67 more days!!!! graemlins/mickey.gif

[ February 03, 2002: Message edited by: Jillpie ]</p>

DisneyWizard
02-03-2002, 03:50 PM
I really like this ride, although I have a few problems with it. First of all, it uses cardboard cut-outs graemlins/ack.gif , and second of all it's WAY TOO SHORT! It needs to be longer.

Otherwise, it's a great attraction to the Studios. I can't say it's one of my favorites, though - it needs higher quality theming and a longer track.

EvaBryan
02-03-2002, 04:00 PM
I love this ride. Good thing Bryan does too - because I would hate to ride on this one alone - it is so much fun!

I actually think that the track is just long enough - if it were longer I would be graemlins/sick.gif .

Of course the take-off is awesome, but I actually like the caged queue the best. I know it sounds odd, but watch the faces of those who have never taken the ride across town and you will see that I mean. The looks of anticipation as they watch the take-off is priceless.

faline
02-03-2002, 04:17 PM
Can't decide if I like this ride or not. The first time, I kept my eyes closed. The second time, I forced myself to keep them open. The last several times have been part of my onoging effort to determine if I want to keep doing it. Guess I'll have to ride it again on my next trip to see if I can arrive at a final determination.

Piglet822
02-03-2002, 04:20 PM
I was not an Aerosmith fan until I rode this ride. It is also the only roller coaster that DH will go on. We enjoy this ride so much that we will even use one of our Maingate Pass entries (we get 12 per year) just to go ride this.
I also enjoy watching the looks on peoples faces when they see it for the first time. Priceless.
For those that are not sure they want to ride it, go through the pre-show and check out the alleyway where they load the limos. There is a way to duck out last minute if you change your mind. Just let a CM know.

Piglet822
02-03-2002, 04:22 PM
<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PolyGirl40:
What can I say? :cool: Wow! :cool:

Now my 7 year old hopes to be “big” enough to go for a spin in a limousine. He measured in at 47-¾” last month at the Doctors. We’ve been watering him daily in hopes he’s grown that extra ¼”. He’ll be so disappointed if he doesn’t. We leave in 5 days. graemlins/shakehead.gif

[ February 03, 2002: Message edited by: PolyGirl40 ]<hr></blockquote>

Carole, forgot to ask in my earlier post if that measurement was with or without shoes. If it was without, he should be ok. Sneakers will add a little "lift" to his height smile.gif

SpecJoe Magic
02-03-2002, 04:32 PM
An awesome addition to the Studios! Great themeing along with great music. Most rollercoasters don't have a storyline, but this one does and it follows through with it with the limo themeing and the road signs. The first time I saw the takeoff, it made me a little nervous to get on the ride. I got on and I have enjoyed it ever since.

Beach Club Babe
02-03-2002, 07:11 PM
This ride is just way too cool. :cool: I can't get enough. DH missed it on 1st trip cause DD#2 was too small. He thought he'd get another chance, but didn't that year. Next year she was still too short. He was gonna sit out again with her, but I convinced him not too. He won't miss it again. 3rd year and DD finally made it without a hair to spare. After wishing that she was big enough, she began to have 2nd thoughts. I thought Oh Great, now that we can all ride together she won't go. She did with a little encouragement. She LOVED it too!

goofgal
02-03-2002, 08:06 PM
Karen upside down? graemlins/nono.gif graemlins/nono.gif graemlins/nono.gif

Carol: If your son's that close, go to Wal-Mart and get some thick insoles for him, or else get some shoes with extra-thick soles. That should give him his extra height.

Jennib
02-03-2002, 11:38 PM
all I can say is "WOWWWWWWWWWWW" I love this ride. I also agree that the take off really takes your breath away!!! I just got my dad and stepmom on this 3 weeks ago and they were scared at first but then loved it!! graemlins/crazy.gif graemlins/crazy.gif graemlins/crazy.gif

Sportster
02-04-2002, 07:48 AM
This is a great ride. The takeoff is the best part, with the countdown and the tires squealing and the music playing. This ride has great theming to it.

Disneywarrior
02-04-2002, 11:08 AM
A great coaster! I love the RnRc and always manage to ride a couple of times. However, I don't think that Walt would approve of the theme of a Rock n Roll band like Aerosmith. Not that anything is wrong with Aerosmith, I happened to like them. I just think the theme should be a little different.

JabberJaws
02-04-2002, 01:40 PM
I love it I love it I love it! Disney always finds a way to take things to the "next level" and they sure have taken the Roller Coaster to that. I am a big coaster fan..ridden hundreds...am an official ACE (american coaster enthusiasts) member graemlins/smokin.gif and what not and I must say RnRc is one of if not the best coaster I have ever been on! two thumbs up graemlins/thumbsup.gif graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Jared
02-04-2002, 03:35 PM
I think it's finally time to give RnRC a whirl. I have always been the biggest coaster wimp known to man, but judging by the fantastic reviews here, I think I have to give it a spin in May.

The takeoff seems unbelievable! smile.gif