PDA

View Full Version : Attraction of the Week 12-16 -- It’s Tough to be a Bug!

imported_PolyGirl40
12-16-2001, 09:55 AM
graemlins/doubleeek.gif Scary - Dark - Smelly & Loud graemlins/doubleeek.gif

This show scared the bejeebies out of my oldest son. I’m not too fond of the reality factor either. But, it is wonderfully done. redface.gif It was the bee sting that did my son in. We just don’t like bugs. graemlins/blush.gif That being said; My husband and little guy love this show. Jer & I go shopping. :D

I do love the fact that you can get an awesome view of the Tree of Life carvings - while in line. The interior queue is also great. The movie posters are hilarious. -- Plus it’s cool in there, when the sun is baking you outside. graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Line Game: Find the Orphan Ant that wears a red dress. ;)

What do you think? Is this a *must do* for you and yours?

brownie
12-16-2001, 10:43 AM
This is a must-do for us now. I loved hearing the screams move across the room as the cockroaches and other bugs went to leave! :eek:

MKPlutoGuy
12-16-2001, 11:21 AM
I loved the special effects on this attraction, and when we went we didnt have to wait in line at all! Though, there was a lot of walking to do to get from the entrance to the theatre, but it was worth it! graemlins/crazy.gif

ElenitaB
12-16-2001, 11:25 AM
We love this attraction! It's a must-do when going to the AK.

A hint for parents: either have a jacket on your little one, or hang one over the back of the bench. The first time we went, it was freezing so we had on sweatshirts and jackets and didn't even feel the bee sting. This year the weather was better graemlins/thumbsup.gif but I did have my little guy lean forward when the bee sting was coming up.

Jared
12-16-2001, 11:37 AM
I always see this show first when I go to AK, I then proceed to say "never again". I then do it first next time I'm in AK. It's a vicious cycle. smile.gif

Beach Club Babe
12-16-2001, 04:17 PM
On our first trip we skipped this due to the fact that I thought my daughters would never forgive me for Honey, I Shrunk The Audience. They absolutely flipped out and I wasn't going through that again. We decided to try it on our second trip since I heard so many good things about it. It is now a must-do. We all Love it. Well maybe not my husband he still goes with us. He's a salesman with an exterminating company, you'd think he could handle a few fake bugs.

MNNHFLTX
12-16-2001, 04:18 PM
I love this show! It was a little nerve-wracking the first time, not knowing what to expect, but now I have a great time noticing all the details (and watching everyone else jump!)

BTW, I am also one of those people who sits forward so that I don't feel the bee sting. I just hate being jabbed in the back....but I love it at the end when all the "VIP" guests are allowed to exit first! graemlins/doubleeek.gif

MickeyMoose15
12-16-2001, 05:09 PM
One of the few great attractions at Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park. The effects are amazing and the show is extremly funny.

"Uh-Oh ... Out of amo .... I'll be back!"

graemlins/laughing.gif graemlins/laughing.gif graemlins/laughing.gif

goofgal
12-16-2001, 08:58 PM
Love the show! The only parts I'm not that thrilled with are the bee sting and the stink bug. The priority exit, though, is a scream!

Jasper
12-16-2001, 10:38 PM
This is a definate must do for our family!! We love everything about it.

roses
12-17-2001, 12:54 PM
I love this ride! Its a great show, its a must do when I go in February! I'll have to warn Doug about the bee sting though...he's a big baby when it comes to bees... :rolleyes:

Disney2002
12-18-2001, 01:47 AM
This is most certainly the best thing at the AK right now. It's one of the few attractions in the park that I really wanted to do over again... much unlike any of the other rides....

Sportster
12-18-2001, 07:21 AM
I absolutely love this attraction! I can't wait to go on next time we go. I agree, waiting in line looking at the tree is really cool. I was leaning forward when the bee sting came out, so I didn't get "stung".

momof4
12-18-2001, 08:48 AM
For all us first timers---when is the bee sting!! When should we lean forward?????
Thanks! :eek:

kimballWDW98
12-18-2001, 09:45 AM
I love this attraction. Especially since I love the movie. However, I do put my feet up in the seat as soon as I sit down. It is so wierd how something so silly can scare me. My husband always gets mad at me because I won't put my feet down. I may get a little scared at ITTBAB, but it is no comparison to Alien Encounter.
IT'S TOUGH TO BE A BUG IS THE BEST!!!!!!!
Cute as can be!!!
3 DAYS LEFT TIL WDW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
graemlins/mickey.gif graemlins/mickey.gif graemlins/mickey.gif

DisneyBaby
12-18-2001, 11:17 AM
<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by momof4:
For all us first timers---when is the bee sting!! When should we lean forward?????
Thanks! :eek: <hr></blockquote>

The bee sting comes about half way through the movie. The first part is Flik and cute little bugs. When Hopper comes and the bugs retaliate, get ready. The theatre gets pretty dark and you'll hear buzzing. That's when you can expect it to happen. All it is is a little rubber thing that protrudes from the back of the seat. While it doesn't hurt, it's just one of those things that takes you by surprise and makes you wet your pants. If you know it's coming, it's no big deal. Either experience it or just lean forward for a minute. (I like to lean forward but put my hand on it. That way I feel it without getting too freaked out!)

JabberJaws
12-18-2001, 12:22 PM
Oh most definetly. It is a very well done, thrilling, intense but still funny and light hearted! I must admit the bee sting scared the livin **** outta me but I still loved every minute of it! This is a definite MUST do for me and my family!

SpecJoe Magic
12-22-2001, 02:04 PM
The first time I did this attraction, I liked it okay but I did not really think it was great. Back in June, I was at Disney's California Adventure and they have this attraction. I did it at DCA and I enjoyed much more and now it is one of my favorite shows. I always lean up to avoid the bee sting in the back because I hate that part. It think this attraction is the most intense attraction in WDW as far as the frightening factor. :eek:

DisneyWizard
12-22-2001, 03:03 PM
While it's not a "must do" for us, we always do it. graemlins/doubleeek.gif I love Hopper and the sensory effects are a lot of fun. I think the stink bug is one of the best effects! The black widows are pretty neat too.....

Duchess99
12-22-2001, 04:09 PM
This is definitely a must see attraction for me. I think the effects are great. I can see how little kids can get scared, espicially of Hopper, but for those without a fear of bugs it's GREAT!!

Jillpie
12-22-2001, 10:30 PM
Well, Carol, it looks like you and I are in the minority on this one. A big huge thumbs down on this attraction. I can't really place why we didn't like it, maybe its just because you don't know whats gonna happen next. My husband got the bee sting, but I didn't ;) , we head straight for the Lion King show instead! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

ParkHopper
12-26-2001, 02:38 PM
This is a great show - We love the stink bug, that "acid" spraying bug, and when the bugs exit the theater.

Fantasmike
12-26-2001, 04:58 PM
This is one attraction that my family insists on doing. The effects and the fun of hearing first timers scream and gasp is just too much. It is one of the attractions that we don't get tired of. graemlins/thumbsup.gif