PDA

View Full Version : Attraction of the Week 12/09 -- Cranium Command

imported_PolyGirl40
12-09-2001, 07:02 AM
All right, you pitiful, soft-bellied sad sacks, eyes front and listen up! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I think this is a great attraction. Many people miss this little gem. Not us! We pop in every visit to check on Captain Buzzy and Bobby. My kids always giggle! Another favorite.

Who’s your favorite parts coordinator? I love Hans and Frans.
”You're a girly-man, loser, and pathetic.” graemlins/laughing.gif

Hidden Mickey Alert:
Check out Walt Disney’s brain on the “Hall of Brains” poster.

~ Madame, you forgot your child. Oh. That's your husband. I'm very sorry. I mean that. ~

graemlins/silly.gif

Altair
12-09-2001, 09:23 AM
This attraction it too often overlooked.

Hans and Frans: " If you were a little older we'd be attacking you right now." graemlins/silly.gif

[ December 09, 2001: Message edited by: Altair ]</p>

DisneyBaby
12-09-2001, 10:40 AM
I too love this attraction. I just wish they would update some of the film clips. They are starting to age! Other than the datedness of it though, it is very clever and very entertaining.

Jared
12-09-2001, 03:23 PM
Cranium Command is the most underrated attraction in Epcot. Although it is aging, it is still very clever and funny. Don't miss the preshow, it's the best part! :D

MickeyMoose15
12-09-2001, 07:02 PM
One of my favorites in Epcot and all of Walt Disney World.

"IF YOU WERE WALKING ANY SLOWER YOU'D BE WALKING BACKWARDS!!!"

Roland
12-10-2001, 06:46 AM
I think this is a often overlooked jewel of Epcot I like them all, but Norm playing the stomach is so apropos. I don't think they should change ANY of it. When a good piece is done properly, then it need not be changed. It was funny then, it's funny now.

I remember when Eric Idle was on Jeopardy and Alex Trebek asked him why he thought Monty Python was so popular. Alex Trebek offered a list of possible reasons and Eric replied very dryly

"because it was funny."

Disneywarrior
12-10-2001, 09:42 AM
Out of all the years at Epcot we just stumbled across this little gem three or four years ago. Now we always manage to do it at least once per trip. My favorite part is the preshow.

tunascuba
12-10-2001, 01:32 PM
this attraction is great, went on it in October, right after I ran in the Disney 10k.

The Hitchiking Ghost
12-10-2001, 02:45 PM
I too adore Cranium Command, and yet I never seem to make it over to Wonders of Life to check it out anymore.
I remember when Wonders of Life was the biggest thing to hit Epcot since the park's opening, when the line for Body Wars would stretch out to two-hours. Nowadays it seems like nobody even knows the place is there -- which is good and bad. Good because it means that you can hit Cranium Command without a wait, but bad because it means that somewhere out there is a Disney park executive who's probably thinking of ways to change it.

goofgal
12-10-2001, 03:28 PM
This is one of my favorite attractions in Epcot! George Wendt as the stomach was inspired casting, and my favorite portion is the food fight. BUZZY ROCKS!

roses
12-11-2001, 10:32 AM
I have yet to see this, I think. It sounds so funny...I'll make sure I do this next time. Sounds like a great ride! :D

Beach Club Babe
12-11-2001, 04:54 PM
Although I love General Knowledge and really like the idea and the story, I'm sorry to say I can't watch it because it makes me dizzy.

The Blue Fairy
12-15-2001, 02:01 PM
I missed this the last two times at Epcot, and my husband hasn't seen it yet since he's only been there twice - now that I am doing his vacation planning, his WDW ratio to years alive is growing rapidly (HEEHEE), so I'll make sure to take him by there on our upcoming trip - just a couple of more weeks away!!!

But it definitely does deserve respect - it's not a well-known attraction, but it is definitely clever and well-thought out and very entertaining!

SpecJoe Magic
12-22-2001, 02:28 PM
I did not even know what this attraction was for many years. This attraction is one of the hidden gems at Epcot. While it may not be the biggest or the best, it definitely has charm and creativity. It also has some of the best quotes in WDW in the preshow. One of the few attractions that has a pershow that I like just as well as the actual attraction.

"You couldn't blow your nose with a stick of dynamite."

"You couldn't find your brain with both hands and a flashlight."

"Putting you inside the brain of a chicken would be cruelty to animals."

graemlins/silly.gif

Duchess99
12-22-2001, 04:27 PM
This is one of my favorite attractions, but it does need to be updated a bit. I didn't see it the last time I was there because it's getting a little old for me. I've seen it so many times and it's a bit boring for me know. I think that I saw it way too many times when it first arrived in EPCOT, and know it's kinda old. But it is still one of my fav rides. I love the right brain graemlins/silly.gif

Balootoo
12-22-2001, 07:47 PM
One of our favorite quotables comes from the preshow:
WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? DISNEY WORLD? :D

MKPlutoGuy
12-22-2001, 10:31 PM
I always liked the way the attraction was setup..like the movie played in the 'eyes' of the boy and the stomach was always asking for food! graemlins/tasty.gif

DisneyHog
12-24-2001, 01:25 PM
You know, in my 15 trips to WDW, I have never seen this. I'm gonna have to make it a point to come see it this trip. :D

Fantasmike
12-26-2001, 05:30 PM
We saw this for the first time in March, 2001. We were surprised at how funny this was and how small the line was. It could use some updating because a lot of kids don't identify with some of the characters the way we more seasoned Disneyites do. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

jesdmill1
12-27-2001, 06:05 PM
I really like Cranium Command - it's so funny! This is a really overlooked attraction, even if the film is a little out of date. Last trip they stopped the show in the middle though and told everyone to leave because there were problems, so I wonder if some of the equipment is getting old?