PDA

View Full Version : Epcot _ Rose Garden

Carl
10-31-2001, 08:34 AM
Can someone tell me where this is located

------------------

bradleysnana
10-31-2001, 08:57 AM
There is a rose courtyard in the United Kingdom area. British Invasion frequently performs there. It is a wonderful corner of the world. One of my favorite places. http://www.intercot.com/boards/ksmile.gif

------------------
Nana to Brad, Alex and Dustin
Becky (aka Bradleysnana)
Intercot Staff
[email protected]

"Tomorrow will be better for as long as America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life." Walt Disney

We stand united in remembering the victims of terrorism

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty. John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)

roses
10-31-2001, 10:28 AM
Sounds beautiful. I don't think I've actually ever seen this before. But I'll make a point to go this time!

------------------
Rose
When you wish upon a star....

I'm going to disney world!

Sportster
10-31-2001, 12:19 PM
I'm not sure if there are two different gardens or not, but when we were there in March this year, there was a beautiful rose garden along one of the paths going from Future World to the World Showcase. As you are going from FW to WS there is a long curving path on the right side lined with roses. It's kind of out of the way and not a direct route. We just happened to stumble upon it. Needless to say the smells were unbelievable!

------------------

brer frog
10-31-2001, 12:20 PM
I've never heard about this, i'll have to make a point to see it next time.

------------------
<LI>10/1989 - 5 Years Old - Offsite
<LI>4/1998 - 14 Years Old - Wilderness Camp Ground
<LI>4/2000 - 16 Years Old - Wilderness Camp Ground
<LI>4/2001 - 17 Years Old - Wilderness Camp Ground
<LI>3/2002 - Wilderness Camp Ground (I hope)

last 3 times with boy scouts :)

AIM: frogmn78

EvaBryan
10-31-2001, 01:00 PM
The Rose Walk (the pathway leading to World Showcase from Future World) is one of my favorite hidden places at Epcot. Last June we took over a half an hour to make the walk because we looked at every variety and color of rose displayed. It was the last day of the Flower and Garden Festival and the roses were in all their glory.

------------------
We're going to Disney World!!!!!

December 7 - 18, 2001
First Anniversary Trip
Sheraton Vistana Villages and Wilderness Lodge

MNNHFLTX
11-01-2001, 12:48 PM
Just a little story about the Rose Walk mentioned above. On our last trip in September we had stopped on the path so that I could investigate a sliver in my foot. Unfortunately I was unable to get it out at that time, and was limping along when a grounds worker reached over and clipped off a beautiful peach rose that was tinted with red at the tips and presented it to me. I was very touched and that rose graced our hotel room at the BC our entire stay!

------------------
Beth--
"attitude is a little thing that means alot"

We go on... to the joy and through the tears
We go on... to discover new frontiers
Moving on... with the courage of the years
We go on... moving forward now as one
We go on... with a spirit born to run
Moving on... with each rising sun to a new day..."

[This message has been edited by MNNHFL (edited November 01, 2001).]

Roland
11-01-2001, 06:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bradleysnana:
There is a rose courtyard in the United Kingdom area. British Invasion frequently performs there. It is a wonderful corner of the world. One of my favorite places. http://www.intercot.com/boards/ksmile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I spend a lot of time listening to the British Invasion and I don't recall a Rose Garden there.

Where exactly is it located in the UK?

Oh, is it behind the Tea place where the butterfly display is?

I do love that Rose Walk and that path is my favorite.

------------------
My post are purely fictional. Any resemblance to Intercotees are purely coincidental. My name has been changed to protect my wife.

'92 - August, Disneyland
'96 - April, Wilderness Lodge
'97 - October, offsite
'98 - Sept., Dixie Landings
'99 - Sept., Wilderness Lodge
'00 - Sept., Wilderness Lodge
'00 - Oct., All Sports
'01 - Jan., All Sports
'01 - May Wilderness Lodge
'01 - July All-Sports
'01 - Sept. CBR/Poly

bradleysnana
11-01-2001, 10:03 PM
If you are in the courtyard area and you are facing British Invasion, to the right of you there is a grass area behind a little fence that has roses growing there near one of the shops. Pooh and Tigger are frequently over there (which is how I happen to end up in the area quite often). I get to listen to British Invasion and my grandson gets to see Pooh. It is a great place to recharge your internal batteries. http://www.intercot.com/boards/ksmile.gif

------------------
Nana to Brad, Alex and Dustin
Becky (aka Bradleysnana)
Intercot Staff
[email protected]

"Tomorrow will be better for as long as America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life." Walt Disney

We stand united in remembering the victims of terrorism

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty. John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)

Roland
11-01-2001, 11:18 PM
bradleysnana,

Yes, yes!! Now I remember. Just behind the smoking bench. Thank you, I was drawing a big blank. All clear now.

------------------
My post are purely fictional. Any resemblance to Intercotees are purely coincidental. My name has been changed to protect my wife.

'92 - August, Disneyland
'96 - April, Wilderness Lodge
'97 - October, offsite
'98 - Sept., Dixie Landings
'99 - Sept., Wilderness Lodge
'00 - Sept., Wilderness Lodge
'00 - Oct., All Sports
'01 - Jan., All Sports
'01 - May Wilderness Lodge
'01 - July All-Sports
'01 - Sept. CBR/Poly

TheSorcererofFantasia
11-02-2001, 09:57 PM
I love to spend time in both of these areas. The rose walk way is always so beautiful. The rose garden area in UK is a nice hiding spot for a few minutes of relaxation. Never miss either of them. http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif

------------------
Cher (aka TheSorcererofFantasia)

"It's not hard to do the right thing. It's hard to know what the right thing is. Once you know what the right thing is, it's hard not to do the right thing."

We go on... to the joy and through the tears
Moving on... with the courage of the years

Moving on... with each rising sun to a new day...

DisneyWizard
11-03-2001, 02:23 PM
I too am a fan of the rose garden. Those little touches are what makes WDW so great.

------------------
-Casey
(Kc, Wizzy, DizWiz)

Meet me (http://www.intercot.com/boards/Forum7/HTML/000273.html) in the Midwest!

"We go on... to the joy and through the tears
Moving on... with the current of the years
Moving on... with each rising sun to a new day..."

Bouncy
11-07-2001, 04:47 PM
<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Roland:

I spend a lot of time listening to the British Invasion and I don't recall a Rose Garden there.

Where exactly is it located in the UK?

Oh, is it behind the Tea place where the butterfly display is?

I do love that Rose Walk and that path is my favorite.

<hr></blockquote>

Ok, I thought I knew that area pretty well, but now I'm wondering, where is the butterfly display? graemlins/crazy.gif