PDA

View Full Version : Ride Certificates???

Neo Fender
10-05-2001, 08:32 AM
We're leaving Sunday so I want to make sure that I am not overlooking any details.

I thought that I read something here in the past about the CMs having certificates for kids for certain attractions. I wasn't publicized - something that you had to ask for.

???

------------------

Nom
10-05-2001, 09:02 AM
Well, if you ride up in the front of the monorail, you'll get a monorail co-pilot's license. That's really fun- just ask a CM everytime you're about to get on the monorail if you can ride up front. Unless there is somebody else in there, they'll let you.

Other thank that, I don't know of any certificates for actual rides.

------------------
"If you had wings, you could do all these things. Eastern will be your wings."

goudaman40
10-05-2001, 09:26 AM
Also, if you ride the riverboat at MK and ask the skipper/captain if you can ride with them, your child can get his/hers skipper license.

Most people don't do this so the CM's are pretty surprised and it is a great way for you to see the MK.

------------------
Shades of Green - 1999
Offsite - 2000

****Coming Soon****
November 2001 - offsite @ Timeshare

GreatBigBeautifulTomorrow
10-05-2001, 09:31 AM
I believe there are "front of the line, next time" certificates for kids that do not make height requirements... but those are for the rides they CAN'T do!

------------------
Anastasia... no, sorry, not that one.

HEY, MEET US IN CHICAGO! (http://www.intercot.com/boards/Forum7/HTML/000273.html)

next up: MNSSHP October 2001 at All Star Sports

We go on...

starryeyes21
10-05-2001, 04:10 PM
The only ride certificates I know of are the ones for a child who does not meet the height requirement. My little brother got one when he was too short to ride Splash Mountain. It simply said that the next time he came to WDW, if he was tall enough, he would be able to skip to the front of the line and sit in the front of the boat.

It was really cute. It was signed by Mickey Mouse and everything http://www.intercot.com/boards/rollsmile.gif . Next time we went to WDW he was tall enough and they put him, and the rest of out party, at the front of the line. I guess it's to kinda lessen the disapointment some children feel when they see thier older sibling getting on a cool ride and leaving them behind.

------------------
Favorite Disney Ride Quotes
"Mam you left your child...oh that's your husband"
-Crannium Command

"And here we have Suzanne Sommers being pulled by a blenderfish"
-The Timekeeper

"You're not Mickey Mouse"
"They're tourists what do they know"
-Muppet Vision 3D

"I have to go be dinner...I mean have dinner with friends"
-Ellen's Energy Adventure

"BRAAAAAAAAAAAKES!!!!!
-Star Tours

Jared
10-05-2001, 06:18 PM
That is so cool that they give those certificates. I saw one person wait in line for Test Track for 75 minutes (I was on Single Rider Lane but was in the loading dock with her) only to find out that her child wasn't tall enough. They gave her the front of the line certficate, and something else, but I didn't see what.

------------------
1/91- 3 years old- Off Site
1/96- 8 years old- Port Orleans
2/00- 12 years old- Off Site
2/01- 13 years old- Off Site
Next Up: WDW in 1/02 and/or Disneyland in 8/02 :)

snmthecloser
10-05-2001, 08:49 PM
You can get a birthday certificate http://www.intercot.com/boards/party.gif or as Norm said, you can get pilot wings or others. It think that is what you are trying to say.

------------------
Visits to WDW: 12/01 & 2 Projected for 2001 "This is a very moving moment." "Yeah I wish they would move it to Pittsburgh"
-Muppet*Vision 3D
And I'm proud to be an American
Where at least I know I'm free
But I won't forget the men who died
Who gave that right to me
And I gladly stand up
Next to you
And defend her still today
Cause there ain't no doubt
I love this land
God Bless the U.S.A. -Ian(WDWacky

HooksLeftHand
10-06-2001, 12:10 AM
Sometimes, you need to just sit back, and let the magic happen. For example, I know the Sci-Fi Dine-In gives out "Speeding Tickets" to some guests, but these kinds of things are more fun as pleasant surprises than as things you NEED to collect.

Just my two cents.

------------------
ANOTHER TRUE STORY ABOUT MY DAD: He swears the Disney cartoon about the dogs was "One THOUSAND and One Dalmations"...strange but true!

OrlandoDisney
10-06-2001, 12:44 AM
Thats so neat, I have never heard of anything like that except for the Fastpass.

------------------

jokat
10-06-2001, 12:40 PM
One thing we discovered was when we went to Tom Sawyer's Island they were having a scavenger hunt. There were 5 paint brushes hidden somewhere on the island. We found one and got a special pass to Splash or Thunder Mountain. We kept it as a souvenir.

------------------
"There's no place like home, there's no place like home...unless you're going to Disney!"

ATL
10-06-2001, 04:02 PM
I have a "Mousernaut in Training" Certificate from space mountain. Even though I am big enough to ride the castmember was really nice and gave me a couple.
http://www.intercot.com/boards/bounce.gif

------------------
Is this message actually stretching, or is it your imagination, hmmmmmm?