PDA

View Full Version : Maelstrom for shorties?

GreatBigBeautifulTomorrow
09-04-2001, 02:08 PM
Have 3.5 and 6.5 girls, who don't like REAL scary yet, but can handle a chill or two. Unsure if they will freak or not. Any experiences to share?

------------------
Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow

THE CASTLE!!! THE CASTLE!!! THE CASTLE!!!

1976: kid, offsite, Winnebago
1986: college student, w/boyfriend in Kissimee
2001: mama, just me and the girls at POFQ in May
2001: Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, at All Star Sports

Worm
09-04-2001, 02:22 PM
They will probably love this ride. Not very scary, but not too kiddie either. Right in the middle. The trolls are the scariest part. "GO Away, GO Away!"

------------------
-------------------------
Tired of work, can't take it anymore? Well, jump into one of my threads & i'll do my best to put you mentally into WDW.
My tribute to Walt Disney

LittleSpirit02
09-04-2001, 04:45 PM
I don't think they'd be scared at all. I'd consider it more humorous actually. http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif
http://www.intercot.com/boards/bounce.gif

------------------
"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing -- that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney
"Pile up enough tomorrows and you'll find you've collected nothing but a bunch of empty yesterdays.." ~The Music Man

"Dancers 'turn out' better."
Irish Step Dancers are #1!!

It's the Zip A Dee Dºoº Dah, Tip for Today!

Trips:
1986 - Days Inn International Drive (outside) (Age 1)
1987 - Cocoa Beach/Pelican Landing (outside) (Age 2)
1988 - Cocoa Beach/Pelican Landing (outside) (Age 3)
1994 - Fort Wilderness Homes (Age 9)
1999 - Fort Wilderness Homes (Age 14)
2000 - Fort Wilderness Homes (Age 15)
Coming Soon:
2001 - Fort Wilderness Homes (Age 16)

Disneywarrior
09-06-2001, 09:05 AM
I agree, it is not very scary and they would probably enjoy.

------------------
Por Favor mentaganse allejado de las puertas!
--WDW Monorail

When hinges creek in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls. Whenever candlelights flicker, when the air is deathly still. That is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
--Ghost Host, HM

MNNHFLTX
09-06-2001, 10:28 AM
There is one part towards the end of the ride where the boat looks like it is going over the edge into the courtyard below, but then ends going backward down a minor hill--it is fun without being scary.

However with a 3- and 6-year-old I personally (and others might disagree) would bypass the movie at the end of the ride. We watched it once a few years and didn't find it real interesting.

------------------
Beth--
"attitude is a little thing that means alot"

DisneyWizard
09-07-2001, 08:16 PM
I think they would probably enjoy it. You may want to test it out before putting them on it just to be sure, but it's not that bad (and the drop is very small).

------------------
-Casey
(Kc, Wizzy, DizWiz)

"...I say believe in the future. The world is getting better."
-Walt Disney

Meet me (http://www.intercot.com/boards/Forum7/HTML/000273.html) in the Midwest!

JimmyC
09-07-2001, 08:34 PM
Cousin Olef is a bit scary when he bellows stuff at you, but if your kids yell a simple "Olef Eats Cottoncandy",this will usually scare him back into his hole......

------------------
I See Glittery People

Jared
09-08-2001, 08:54 AM
I'm sure that they should be fine with Maelstrom. There is nothing too scary about it, just a chill or two along the way. The ride is very, very short and the backward plunge over the waterfall is so subtle, that some people in the boat, especially towards the front, don't even realize that it happened.

------------------
1/91- 3 years old- Off Site
1/96- 8 years old- Port Orleans
2/00- 12 years old- Off Site
2/01- 13 years old- Off Site
Next Up: WDW in 1/02 and/or Disneyland in 8/02 :)