PDA

View Full Version : The talking palm tree!

kansasteen13
07-01-2002, 10:33 PM
sorry if this has been brought up already but has anyone seen the Talking Palm Tree outside of Animal Kingdom.it is hilarious.My mom and Bro were leaving Animal Kingdom and saw it.since we knew about it they wanted a picture.they asked and it said ok.they started walking away so it followed them saying now I want my 10 dollars,c'mon you cheap skates where's my 10 bucks.If you have seen the tree don't you think it is funny.LOL

Goofy Forever
07-01-2002, 10:49 PM
I've never seen that. I'll have to check it out next month! :D

Disney-4-Me
07-01-2002, 11:26 PM
I have only seen the talking trash can at Conservation Station. Where exactly is the talking palm tree? I know it is fun to watch the trash can approach people who don't know about it, I bet the palm tree is just as funny.

WendyLady
07-01-2002, 11:58 PM
My friends and my daughter were there in January for a wonderful 7 days, and we saw the talking palm at Animal Kingdom. He was so hilarious. Now, I always say 'not too soon racoon' to my 6 yr old rather than 'see you later alligator'!

IndianaDisneyNut
07-02-2002, 12:43 AM
I am bummed I missed this. We too finally saw the talking trash cans. My kids are still trying to figure that one out!

kansasteen13
07-02-2002, 01:15 AM
the palm tree roams around outside the entrance of AK

WDW crazy
07-02-2002, 06:42 AM
I have never seen it, I'll have to look for it and take a picture of it in Sept. Thanks for telling us!

Katzateer
07-02-2002, 06:49 AM
We were lucky enough to be right next to it in April when we were waiting to enter AK. The talking palm tree was a lot of fun. I didn't know anything about it before this encounter. My youngest wouldn't get too close but she laughed from a distance (not too sure how to react). Another thing that makes WDW magical..... graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Mickey's Chick
07-02-2002, 07:25 AM
We have seen the talking trash can and palm tree. I believe either one or the other is almost always at the entrance when they open. That is always where we have seen them. Our best encounter was the tree trying to pick up a married man. It was being very persistant and even followed the poor guy into the bathroom humming here comes the bride. graemlins/rotfl.gif

[ July 02, 2002, 07:26 AM: Message edited by: Mickey's Chick ]

imported_PolyGirl40
07-02-2002, 07:50 AM
"Wes Palm" can be spotted in the Oasis throughout the morning. Currently at 8:15, 9:15, 10:15 & 11:15 a.m., & 12:15 p.m.

luvindisney
07-02-2002, 08:39 AM
I can't believe we missed that! :( I would love to see it next time we go. What does it look like?

Isn't there a vine that talks too?

GrandFlo
07-02-2002, 11:39 AM
It looks like a regular potted palm tree. I guess the wheels are under the pot. It is sooo funny. Back in March it tried to get me to buy him/her an icecream. As I was buying icecream from a cart I heard a voice right behind me say "what about me?" graemlins/rotfl.gif

Another funny extra, although not in Disney, is the talking and squirting water fountain IOA.

EmisDisneyMom
07-02-2002, 11:46 AM
When we saw him it had just began to pour down rain so we took off and didn't get to enjoy him. Maybe in September we will get lucky.

kansasteen13
07-02-2002, 06:05 PM
the talking vine is the Great Di'vine very funny.also one time the talking Palm Tree started playing Beach Boys Music.also I have seen a talking Trash can roaming MK in tommorwland it was also funny.

Disney Magic
07-03-2002, 11:05 AM
On our trip last summer we ran into the talking Palm Tree. It saw my 6 year old daughter with her missing two front teeth and asked if she had lost them. She said "yes" and the tree told her how to get to Lost and Found. It then noticed she had a Pokemon shirt on and asked her "Why do you never take a shower with a Pokemon?" He than said "It may Pikacho".

I never laughed so hard. Then it asked for a hug and when she gave it the tree started singing "I think I have a girl friend....". Needless to say it really got our day started off right at the Animal Kingdom...and I got it all on film!

DisneyTeen
07-03-2002, 11:16 AM
yup, the talking palm tree is there as the park opens. It is right in the main entrance, rolling all around and talking to people about what they are wearing and what is going on and what they are going to do at the park.
****Inside Note....if you look around carefully, you can see a man/women in like a fisherman's hat, sunglasses and with a dufle(SP) bag over his/her shoulder. This person will be talking into his hand, but will cover it well and never stop, he/she is always moving and walking around. This is the voice of the palm tree.****

StepsUS1Fan
07-03-2002, 11:29 AM
Is there a person in this talking tree???? :confused:

Jasper
07-03-2002, 11:57 AM
I am never any good at spotting any of these! We have looked for both the trash cans and the palm in the past and have never spotted them. I guess we just need to plan a day to do nothing but hang out in those areas and look for them.!

DisneyTeen
07-03-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by StepsUS1Fan:
Is there a person in this talking tree???? :confused: Nope, he/she walks around with a remote control and a microphone and walks on the outer banks away from the big crowds of people, moving the tree and talking for it. he is not to far away but far enought that he can still kinda hear what they are talking about and be out of sight.

roses
07-04-2002, 12:28 AM
graemlins/rotfl.gif graemlins/rotfl.gif I have to keep an eye out for it next time! Thanks!

snicker-doodle
07-05-2002, 11:26 AM
Thank you so much to those who have seen and given info regarding the talking palm tree at AK and the talking trash cans at MK. We're talking our three little girls to WDW for the first time in early December...I'm a neurotic planaholic! I love all this "extra" yummy information. THANX!!!

kansasteen13
07-06-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by DisneyTeen:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by StepsUS1Fan:
Is there a person in this talking tree???? :confused: Nope, he/she walks around with a remote control and a microphone and walks on the outer banks away from the big crowds of people, moving the tree and talking for it. he is not to far away but far enought that he can still kinda hear what they are talking about and be out of sight.</font>[/QUOTE]Thanks I was guessing they had someone do remote control,but I couldnt understand where they were.

PiratesCove
07-06-2002, 05:18 PM
I haven't seen the talking palm tree graemlins/shakehead.gif !!! I'll have to look for it in October when our next trip is planned! Thanks for the Info!! graemlins/clappy.gif

graemlins/mickey.gif Lisa graemlins/mickey.gif

[ July 06, 2002, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: PiratesCove ]

disneyjo-91
07-07-2002, 07:35 PM
I have never seen this!! I cant wait to ck it out next month!!!!!
:cool: :cool: