PDA

View Full Version : Disney Stars and Motor Cars Parade Information

MKPlutoGuy
06-06-2002, 06:07 PM
Disney Stars and Motor Cars
Parade Information

Concept: Recent Disney Films are represented in this calvacade of light, color, and song. Vintage motor cars have been "touched by magic" and themed into each movie. The parade was introduced for the 100 Years of Magic Celebration.

Parade Route: The route starts by the gate at Star Tours and continues straight passing the steps of Sounds Dangerous andthe former Dough Live. From there, it takes a right onto Hollywood Blvd, in front of the hat, and continues to the end of Hollywood Blvd. where it turns and exits in front of Star Traders. Previous parades have run in the opposite direction, but I have never seen pictures with the Disney Stars and Motor Cars parade where this has happened. Note:The previous MGM Parade route circled around the flower garder in front of the Great Movie Ride, however the Sorcer's Hat prevents this, so the parade goes in front of the hat, and doesn't circle around it.

Parade Lineup:

•1st Unit-Grand Marshals
Performers-Grand Marshals, (2) Banner Carriers
•2nd Unit-Toy Story
Performers-Buzz, Woody, Jessie,(3) Green Army Men
•3rd Unit-Marry Poppins
Performers-Marry Poppins, Bert, (2) Penguins
•4th Unit-Muppets
Performers-Kermit, Miss Piggy, Other Muppet
•5th Unit-Star Wars
Performers-Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, R2D2, Darth Vader
•6th Unit-Mulan
Performers-Mulan, Dragon, (2) Chinese Soldiers
•7h Unit-Monsters Inc.
Performers-Mike, Sully
•8h Unit-Aladdin
Performers-Aladdin, Jasmine, (2) Harem Girls
•9th Unit-Hercules
Performers-Hercules, Megara, Pain, Panic
•10th Unit-Villains
Performers-Hades, Evil Queen, Jafar, Cruella DeVil, Frollo
•11th Unit-Atlantis
Performers-Kida, Milo,
•12th Unit-The Little Mermaid
Performers-Ariel, Sebastian (4) Under the Sea Girls
•13th Unit-Playhouse Disney
Performers-Bear, Stanely, Treelo, P and J Otter, Rollie Pollie Ollie, Zowie
•14th Unit-Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Performers-Snow White, Dopey
•15th Unit-Finale
Performers-Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Donald Duck, Pluto, Chip, Dale, Alice, Mad Hatter, White Rabbit, Pinocchio, Gepetto, (3) Motorcycle Drivers

Note: Not all characters mentioned will be in the parade every day. They will alternate, and may be there and may not. Don't count some of the lesser known characters daily. Of course Mickey and the gang will appear every day, but charactes like the dwarfs (other than Dopey) may not be present.

Time: In the past, the parade has been staged at 3:30pm, 4:00pm, 4:30 pm, and 5:30 pm. The current time posted on DisneyWorld.com is 5:30pm, but this might have been changed to 4:30. Check your daily entertainment map for the correct time the day of your visit.

Look for more information on Tapestry of Dreams, Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade, and the Share a Dream Come True Parade soon to come. smile.gif

EDIT: I forgot to mention that a new car for the new movie Lilo and Stitch is currently being modeled. Stich will appear in various other cars until they have their own car when he will be joined by Lilo. graemlins/mickey.gif

[ June 06, 2002, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: MKPlutoGuy ]

Claytonia
06-06-2002, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the info, Eddy! graemlins/notworthy.gif I really loved this parade...my boyfriend is still "fiending" after the Villains car!! :cool: (Get it??? Fiend-ing? Villains?) graemlins/silly.gif Sorry. graemlins/blush.gif

MKPlutoGuy
06-11-2002, 03:52 PM
No problem. graemlins/thumbsup.gif I thought, why not post the information where it could be obtained quickly and easily? Anyway, hope everyone finds it useful. With the recent additions, this parade and the Share a Dream Come True Parade are my favorites! :D

Beignet
06-11-2002, 07:45 PM
"12th Unit-The Little Mermaid
Performers-Ariel, Sebastian (4) Under the Sea Girls"

I want to be an "Under the Sea" girl graemlins/silly.gif

MKPlutoGuy
06-12-2002, 06:03 AM
I want to drive one of those cars! :D