PDA

View Full Version : Single rider lines

disneydreamer33
04-25-2002, 03:08 PM
Do any of the rides have single rider lines? Are single riders NOT permitted to ride anything? Our DD is 6 and there are some things she will not ride because of the fear factor but DW and I would still like to ride speratly. Also do any of the rides accomodate 3 people together or will we be split up on all of them?

SpecJoe Magic
04-25-2002, 03:37 PM
Test Track at Epcot is the only attraction I know of that has a single rider line. I don't think there are any attractions that a single rider cannot ride. There are many attractions that accomadate three riders in the same ride vehicle. Though many of them will sit 2 and then one behind those 2 and you will all be in the same vehicle/boat. There are also a few attractions that might be a tight fit for 3 but if your child isn't very big then it might be possible for all three of you to ride in the same vehicle. Peter Pan and Haunted Mansion are 2 that I can think of that are like this. Also, don't forget to use the child swap option on attractions that your child doesn't want to ride. In case you don't know what the child swap is then I will explain. Notify a CM working an attraction that you and your spouse both want to ride this particular ride but you want to ride it at separate times so that one of you can wait with the child while the other one rides. By doing this, only one of you will have to stand in line and when that person is done riding then the spouse can get on the ride without waiting in line.

Jared
04-25-2002, 06:45 PM
Joe is correct in that Test Track is the only attraction that offers a single riders line, but a single rider line isn't what you want anyway. You want to use the child swap option. Just tell the CM at the entrance of a ride that your daughter cannot ride, and he or she will help you from there. In essence, you are having one parent ride, while the other waits with the child, and then you switch.

Most rides do accomidate 3, but sometimes you need two in front one in back. I have always traveled with an odd number, and it's not a problem. smile.gif

DisneyWizard
04-27-2002, 02:16 PM
I wish all of the E-ticket rides (in EVERY them park - not just Disney) had single riders lines. :( They are so convenient for us that go alone.

Womble
04-27-2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by DisneyWizard:
They are so convenient for us that go alone.And for us, whose better half's :rolleyes: , don't like wild rides! graemlins/crazy.gif

Barnsey
04-27-2002, 05:08 PM
I hate to say it but this seems to be where i prefer IOA. The big rides have single rider queues although the throughput of the rides is so impressive requiring little wait alot of the time.

Take note WDW :D

Illuminations25
05-01-2002, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by DisneyWizard:
I wish all of the E-ticket rides (in EVERY them park - not just Disney) had single riders lines. :( They are so convenient for us that go alone.Occasionally during times when many seats are left open on attractions, CM's will sometimes ask if there are any single riders within the next few parties and will bump you up to fill the empty spot in order to fill the cars/ride vehicles faster and keep capacity as close to "normal" as possible.

Timbo
05-01-2002, 09:55 AM
I wish more attractions had this feature. I was so disappointed to wait in long lines last week (I didn't use FP) only to see many empty seats on various rides.

We waited in line on Pooh for over 30 mins to be the only two people in our buggy. The one in front of us and the one behind was the same...only two people in each buggy. VERY inefficient! graemlins/shakehead.gif I would think that if every ride vehicle was full, lines would move twice as fast. I hope they get this right one day.