PDA

View Full Version : DeVine at Animal Kingdom

hope
05-01-2002, 03:37 PM
Has anyone ever seen a walkaround at AK called DeVine? I've seen a mention of this on another website. Evidently its a person that is 'in disguise' as a vine. And unless you catch her in transit or blinking, you may never know she's there. She blends in to the other vegetation and surroundings there. Anyone caught a glimpse of her before and if so, any tips on where I may find her?

Meghan
05-01-2002, 03:41 PM
This isnt exactly what you asked, but I have seen her at Disneys California Adventure. The first time I saw her she really scared me! I saw her walkingt around, and then she went up to this bench thing and like sprawled herself all over it. I was like ohmigosh! Kind of cool though. Not exactly run of the mill. smile.gif

DisneyTeen
05-01-2002, 04:07 PM
yup, i have seen her many times, you can find her on the road that goes from Asia to Africa (Africa to Asia, same thing)(Over the Asian Bridge, take a left and Walk past "Flights Of Wonder", right past the smoking area./Over African Bridge take a right..ect) It is a great walk because this road is the best spot to view the tree of life, Devine is normally right were you can have a CM take your picure in front of the tree.

imported_PolyGirl40
05-01-2002, 06:12 PM
She can be found in Asia for a Meet & Greet. DisneyTeen nailed the location.

She does 45 minute sets at 10:00 & 11:00 a.m., 12:00 & 1:00 p.m. smile.gif

Also -

When you tour the Oasis keep an eye out for Wes Palm. He's a "live" palm tree - who also makes appearances throughout the day.
Presently at 8:15, 9:15, 10:15 & 11:15 a.m., 12:15 p.m.

WDWdriver
05-01-2002, 07:35 PM
Yes, DeVine is amazing to watch. Very tall (on stilts), slender, green face and covered with leaves and stringy vines. She stands motionless for awhile, then glides slowly from one spot to another. Guests often don't notice her until a crowd forms.

Jeff Handshaw 100+visits
05-01-2002, 10:24 PM
We saw 'her' last Sunday for the 1st time as we headed towards the secret walkway (that we later found 'gone') in front of the big door as you head towards Asia from Africa. There was a crowd, then I noticed her and remembered the discussion about her, here. Tasha didn't really know what to think and wanted to move on, but I got some video of 'her'.

ChipDale
05-01-2002, 11:38 PM
I've seen DeVine lots of times in California Adventure - she's very cool. graemlins/smokin.gif I;m looking forward to seeing her in AK! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

frakers
05-02-2002, 09:40 AM
Anyone that has been to AK may have seen DeVine. You just may not know it. If you happen to walking around and notice a bunch of people starting at what appears to be nothing but a bunch of bushes and growth, keep staring. They haven't all been struck stupid (probably not). That bunch of leaves may just move. I've seen several times when I walked up on that same group and heard people around asking "what is everyone looking at" only to be startled when they see "nothing" start to move.
Pretty neat.

[ May 02, 2002, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: frakers ]

ParkHopper
05-02-2002, 10:27 AM
I agree with the post that said you might have seen her but not have realized it. Finding her was an unexpected treat! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Ralph Malph
05-02-2002, 06:12 PM
Little things like that is what makes WDW such a cool place.

SpecJoe Magic
05-02-2002, 10:38 PM
I hope to find her on my next visit to AK. Thanks for the information. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

DisneyScarlie
05-03-2002, 04:45 PM
Saw her at Disney's California Adventure. EXTREMELY FUNNY!!! graemlins/silly.gif Scared the poo out of my friend Jake. Hahaha...I laugh just thinking about it. :D

Twist The Cap - TTC
05-11-2002, 10:35 AM
Hello,
We were at Disney World over Easter and did get a chance to see DiVine at Animal Kingdom. I have a photo of her, however I'm not sure how to or if I can "paste" it to the boards. :confused: I'd be happy to send it e-mail to anyone who'd like to see it. smile.gif Or if someone tells me how, I'd put it on the board.