PDA

View Full Version : What's "Sunrise Safari"?

CarolH
04-10-2002, 02:48 PM
I just saw a post in the Vacation Planning section mentioning a "Sunrise Safari" , and I was curious if anyone knew anything about it. I've never heard of a "Sunrise Safari" before, and thought maybe it was a new thing.

graemlins/clappy.gif 52 days and counting! graemlins/clappy.gif

Rhetoric2000
04-10-2002, 03:45 PM
This is only available to people who stay in concierge at AKL. As far as I know there is no open opportunity to book. For an extra payment concierge guests can visit AK very early in the morning for a private landrover trip. This is followed by breakfast. It is available on 2 days of the week.
Perhaps someone who has been lucky enough to go can tell you more.

Patricia
04-10-2002, 04:03 PM
You can read about that and more on the AK Lodge here at Intercot in the Resorts/Lodging section.
AK Lodge (http://www.commonname.com/english/search/PSEngine.asp?userid=0&engine=google&query=Sunrise%20Safari)

I have clipped the section pertaining to this specific event for you...

Sunrise Safari:

Sunrise Safari Breakfast Adventure is available to concierge guests only. The Adventure is available on Tuesdays and Saturdays with a limit of 28 persons. The group leaves AKL at 6:30am and you are transported to the Animal Kingdom's Kilimanjaro Safari area. The tour along the safari ride path lasts about 45 minutes and includes multiple stops. so that you can stand up and take pictures. Each of the animals along the way is described in great detail.

After the Safari, you can go to Tusker House for a breakfast buffet which includes both standard American and African items. Each person also gets a Fast Pass to Kilimanjaro Safari. The price is $39.95 and can be booked up to 90 days out, by contacting AKL concierge directly.

imported_PolyGirl40
04-11-2002, 06:54 AM
Our very own member, TheSorcererofFantasia posted details of her experience in a Trip Report in December.

From Cher's report:

We are off on the private bus to AK. There are only 16 of us today, which was nice. Our guide was very informative and answered all questions. The animals had just been released back into their areas when our tour started. They were very lively and inquisitive. The vehicle stopped at each location for quite a while which gave us all great photo ops. Once our safari was over we walked to the Tusker House where they had a private Africa buffet set up in the School House room. The food was something to see, so much of it and it all looked fantastic. Fresh fruits, fruit stew with a puffed pastry topping, scrambled eggs, frittata, fried eggs with green tomatoes, five different type of sausages, bacon, ham slices, banana french toast, fried bananas, home fries, tons of assorted breads, pastries, danish and donuts. Two batches of fresh squeezed mixed fruit juices, coffee, & tea.