PDA

View Full Version : Adventurer's Club???

MrPeetrie
02-13-2002, 02:06 AM
Hey gang, my wife and I have been to the Adventurer's Club twice and we don't "get it." Is it supposed to be a comedy show? If so, it wasn't very funny. It seemed like bad, drunken-induced frat jokes, dealing primarily with bodily fluids, beer and sex. Someone said we needed to wait until the "actors" led us into the other room. That's where the real show takes place. Has anyone enjoyed themselve there?

:confused:

tad_tad
02-13-2002, 03:36 PM
I can spend many hours at the Adventurer's Club!

How long were you there for? Shows in the other rooms start pretty frequently, so it can't have been long. I personally need to be in there for at least an hour or two to really get into it. I spend at least two or three nights there per vacation.

Give it another try! You may just like it.

DisneyHog
02-15-2002, 12:10 AM
I have only been into the Adventruer's Club once, and for only about an hour, but I had a great time. They had me just about rolling on the floor. Now, this could either be because they are very, very funny, or because I am easily amused. Or maybe, it could be a little bit of both. I'd give it one more try if I were you.

graemlins/mickey.gif

Dopeysfriend
02-15-2002, 09:15 PM
Definitely give the Adventurer's Club another try. It's my favorite thing to do at PI. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I would go again prepared to spend some time there and definitely follow the action around the club. The shows in the Library are well worth the wait. We usually go to the Adventurer's Club with the plan to spend an hour or two. Somehow, we always end up in there for 3 or 4 hours instead. I've had some of the best laughs of my life there (and learned some great songs too! :D )

Kungaloosh! graemlins/mickey.gif

Disney2002
02-16-2002, 10:27 AM
I love it too. Found it hysterical every time I was there.

HooksLeftHand
02-17-2002, 12:24 AM
I think that, if risque humor isn't for you, the Adventurer's Club isn't 100% up your alley. They TRY to keep the comedy clean, but occasionally slip up for cheap, easy gags. Still, it's usually a pretty funny show. I'd check it out once or twice again, and see what you think.

Also, be sure to try the Comedy Warehouse...and remember, the earlier shows tend to be a little more wholesome than the later ones.

Enjoy!

Fantasia
03-06-2002, 10:33 AM
This is my husbands favorite place. Running a close 2nd is the Comedy club. We, also end up spending hours there and go to the club a couple times a trip. Give it a second chance. I don't know how the actors come up with some of the stuff off the top of their heads and with keeping a straight face. They know what you are doing even though they aren't in the room. I wish I could see the behind the scenes stuff on how they watch everyone.

[ March 06, 2002, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: Fantasia ]

Nom
03-06-2002, 06:34 PM
I never got it either, until last May when I caught quite a few of the library shows. They are quite funny. Here's a tip- if you're facing the back enterance of the club, on the bottom level (library on your left, mask room on your right), there should be a small brass plaque on the left. That lists the times and names of the various shows throughout the night. I found that plaque to be very helpful to see how long it was till the next show, and what shows I should come back for.

Now, if you're not someone who likes comedy, you probably won't like the show (obviously).

Another fun thing about that club is that there is a bar stool (near the middle of the stools) that you can ask the bartender to make sink down into the floor. It was so funny- I was sitting on the stool and my cousin made it go down- since I had a little buzz going on, it was such a weird feeling b/c at first you don't know what is going on and the stool slowly sinks- it's a great prank!

princessclaud
03-06-2002, 09:15 PM
ok...I'm going to sound really ignorant. What is the Adventure Club and where is it?

RoosMomKanga
03-21-2002, 11:45 AM
Kungaloosh!!

You'll find it at Pleasure Island. We always go and spend a few hours. Last time, besides the library room, we participated in a show in another small room...open to the rotunda, don't know the name, mask? There was a glass (magic ball?...or something under glass) thing that had a guys head projected in it...funny. Also we sat at the bar graemlins/beer.gif waiting for a show and the woman head on the wall kept talking to us and "picking on" my DH (very shy) it was hysterical graemlins/laughing.gif ! They used to have paper schedules of showtimes you could get. Just ask a CM.

We leave the DKids with a Disney babysitter, but I always have the camcorder...last time a CM gave us a personal message for the kids that I videoed...very funny!

And for you other OSU Alumni...the last two times we've gone, they've played the "Script Ohio" song as part of the Library show graemlins/thumbsup.gif !

Comedy Warehouse is also a must!

"...the Adventurers Club is Best!"

45 Days to go... graemlins/muscles.gif

Ian
03-21-2002, 01:36 PM
I am surprised to hear someone say they didn't like the Adventurer's Club. We thought the whole thing was just a riot!

If you missed the show in the back room you did miss a lot ... That's where most of the entertainment is ... although it is pretty much in the same style as what takes place in the main room so if you didn't like that you probably wouldn't like the rest of the shows either.

harlowandthemermaid
03-31-2002, 07:17 PM
I agree, the library shows are the best part...the decor in the whole place is very cool, but the shows are the best...and I don't drink at all but i found the library shows to be very funny!