PDA

View Full Version : The Great Movie Ride -- Cowboy or Gangster?

imported_PolyGirl40
04-05-2002, 10:11 AM
Okay Gang. What’s the skinny or best strategy?

I’ve been on The Great Movie Ride countless times. In fact, it’s my favorite MGM attraction. I’ve never been nabbed by the Cowboy. I even tried to go to the right and enter the upper door, on my recent trip. Nope -- still vehicle-nabbed by a Gangster. graemlins/shakehead.gif

What am I doing wrong? Is there a big difference in the script? graemlins/crazy.gif

cicelyalaska
04-05-2002, 10:17 AM
i read somewhere on here that outlawed people are those in the very first car. anyone confirm this? we got outlawed maybe once or twice during the first years of mgm. everytime since . . . gangstered.

MNNHFLTX
04-05-2002, 10:29 AM
Yes, I think the front car is the one to be on, which makes sense (I think), since the outlaw scene comes after the gangster scene. So the front car goes past the gangster scene and then stops at the outlaw scene, while the back car stops at the gangster scene.

Just to be on the safe side (and counting on the kindness and flexibility of the Great Movie Ride CM's), I would ask a CM if you could be seated in the car with the outlaw. I'll bet they'll accomodate you! graemlins/mickey.gif

Captain Pixie Dust
04-05-2002, 10:48 AM
I didn't even know there was a different scenario until we were on it last time and got "outlawed" instead of "gangstered"! graemlins/laughing.gif
In fact my very first impression was that they changed the ride, then I realized that the other car (behind us, I think) was taken over by the gangster. So, I think the first of the 2 cars is the way to go to get outlawed! smile.gif

jefmblrd
04-05-2002, 10:59 AM
If you get in the first group of cars, you should go throught the outlaw section.

A Big Kid
04-05-2002, 11:32 AM
Just ask a CM. I did and it worked for me. The CM was very accomodating.

GoofyWill
04-05-2002, 11:35 AM
The front 2 cars see the outlaws, while the back 2 cars see the gangsters. There is no difference in the script other than the fact that the outlaw cars move quicker at the beginning so that they can get into the outlaw room, while the gangster cars move slower.

Also, there are 2 lines inside the GMR when they are both open, one to the right and one to the left. I forget which is for which, but I think the one on the left is for the gangster and the one on the right is for the outlaws???

Beach Club Babe
04-05-2002, 12:09 PM
I never realized that before, but I guess that's right! Our 1st 2 rides were gangster and we were in the back. Our 2nd 2 rides were outlaw and we were in the front.

I definitely like the gangster scene better. I'll have to remember that when we go again so I can see the gangster.

I don't know if there is any difference in the script. But both times we had the outlaw scene we had girls and it didn't seem very convincing!
The gangsters we had seemed to be really into the part!

DisneyFanaticDargon
04-05-2002, 01:27 PM
It's very simple. The people in the first tram get the outlaw and the people in the second tram get the gangster. I didn't notice much of a difference besides the fact that either character acted differently for obvious reasons. But they both suffer the same fate so if you've only seen one and never the other, you're not missing much.
:D

flippr
04-05-2002, 09:51 PM
I was part of the opening crew of the GMR in 1989. We only had guys as gangsters and girls as (Ma Durango, the cowgirl.) It wasn't until a year later that we added guys to the western scene (Kid Durango). I haven't worked there since 1990, but it is practically the same show. The script has changed gradually over the years. The first few years were the best however. There doesn't seem to be as much of a freshness to it anymore. (even though I have had a few really good tourguides in the past couple of years). If you go in the front car with the first tour guide, you hit the western scene. The back car with the back tour guide(cars made up of two sections each) hits the gangster scene. When going in the queue, stay right for the western scene, stay left for gangster. Every time. It was a blast to work at that time there.

Dana graemlins/mickey.gif

TheTronChick
04-05-2002, 11:35 PM
Last summer we had both the gangster and the outlaw--i LOVED the gangster scene b/c he was very much a cutie and i was sitting right next to the drivers seat so he put his hat on me and told me he was impressed htat i knew that the ransom stoddard sign was from the man that shot liberty valance graemlins/blush.gif I wish I knew who he was so I could see if he was still working when i go down there in may :D