PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Disney Parking

BigFerrell
06-13-2001, 12:54 PM
We are staying at a Fort Wilderness Cabin June 20-24. Should we drive to DD or take the bus? If we drive, is parking still free? I heard that valet parking was free at DD for WDW Resort guests. Is this true?

------------------

frakers
06-13-2001, 12:56 PM
I know self parking is free. The biggest problem is finding a space. There's usually one there, you just have to find it.

------------------
WDW - 1/01, 12/00, 10/00, 6/00, 2/00, 12/99, 8/99.....you get the idea.
Disney Magic
Coronado Springs
Yacht Club
Wilderness Lodge
Grand Floridian
Contemporary
Dixie Landings
All Star Sports
All Star Movies
Fort Wilderness
More to come......

Bouncy
06-14-2001, 10:13 AM
We did valet parking because we had my dad with an ecv and it was easier than messing with finding a space. When we parked they didn't ask us if we were resort guests. The price was $6. And I believe you can only get valet parking after a certain time (I think it was 6pm.)

------------------
Bouncy, flouncy, pouncy! Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun!

Rhetoric2000
06-15-2001, 02:44 AM
My father dropped 7 of us off from the minivan we had last year and said to wait at the water fountains while he parked at DD. We didn't see him again for over an hour. he said he had never encountered 'parking rage' before, but he saw it several times that night. I think he will use valet next time.

------------------

DisneyRN
06-15-2001, 06:19 AM
The amount of parking really depends on what time of year you go. In March, we had absolutely no problems finding parking at 10:00 P.M. The main advantage to taking the bus: no matter where the bus drops you off, you can get back on the bus at each section of DD, rather than having to walk from one end all the way back to the other to get in the car. Also, just like what time of year can determine how easily you find a parking spot, it can also determine how easy and quick the bus system is. One last thing to remember, keep in mind that people around Orlando may add to parking problems at certain times of year (i.e. Christmas shoppers).

------------------
"It's a great big beautiful tomorrow..."

"You want to go to Disney World again? But we just went there last year!" (Direct quote from my dear husband)

Off site-August'89
CS-'00 January Honeymoon
Offsite-'01 March
Next Visit- '01 December @ WL for 10 glorious X-Mas Days!

EvaBryan
06-15-2001, 11:05 AM
I have to agree with DisneyRN - taking the bus to me seems a lot easier, even from Fort Wilderness. We have done both, and I get so fed up and aggravated with the parking situation that I want to throw in the towel and go home. Also, Bryan and I don't have to worry about a designated driver if we take the bus. Neither of us are heavy drinkers, but it only taked me two drinks to get a little loopy. http://www.intercot.com/boards/grazy.gif Better be safe than sorry.

------------------

guidy
06-15-2001, 11:05 AM
We spent an afternoon at Downtown Disney last August and were able to self-park for free. The lot had many empty spaces available all over at this time; so I guess it really does depend on what time of year you happen to be there.

------------------

Beast_fanatic
06-15-2001, 11:33 PM
It's not just the time of year that you go, it's the time of day too.

We went in May and arrived around 1:30pm. No problems parking, not very crowded at all. When we left around 9:30pm, the parking lot was packed and more cars were streaming in.

------------------
Rhonda

rdraughn
07-13-2001, 09:17 AM
Was there in January and had ZERO trouble parking at all times of the day. I could make it back to the All Star Resorts in no time. No wating for buses or bother with the three main stops at DD. (Marketplace, DD, and West End) Consider that it was offseason though.

------------------
Ryan
'78,'83,'90,'00,'01