PDA

View Full Version : Wolf in Haunted Mansion

JabberJaws
11-12-2001, 12:33 PM
**wasn't 100% sure if this should go in theme parks or trivia but I am thinkin theme parks...if ya have to move it I won't be too heart broken graemlins/winky.gif

I read somewhere that the howling wolf in the background outside of the HM at WDW is actually a character in the ride. He is a wolf with no skin..just muscle and bone and what not. And he is the reason why the dog and the gravedigger are so scared in the graveyard scene. And that you're supposed to be able see him behind the gravedigger or something. anyone have any info on this or can back this up? I know there is a huge story behind the HM that many don't know(i.e. the love story with gracey and his wife etc etc etc) and I was wondering if this was part of it. Thanx!

Disneywarrior
11-12-2001, 01:22 PM
I heard that the howling sound heard in the queue was made from "hell hound." He is in the graveyard scene on the left and in the back. It is the skeletal remains of a dog/wolf graemlins/thedolls.gif

EPCOTBoy
11-12-2001, 01:55 PM
I don't know anything about the howling wolf, but from what I understand, the reason the gravedigger and dog are so scared is because they see you....at that point in the ride you are supposed to be a ghost. After the attic scene, when you turn around and go down backwards...this is supposed to represent you dying and your spirit materializing to join the other ghosts in celebration. That is why the graveyard scene is fun and far less serious than other scenes.

roses
11-12-2001, 04:17 PM
I've never heard of that story, Tony. That's very interesting... graemlins/idea.gif

JabberJaws
11-12-2001, 05:07 PM
That is a very interesting story...I have never heard that either...the HM is full of neat stories...I always heard they were scared of the "hell hound"...ofcourse i also heard that the hell hound was Gracey's pet and many other stories
HM has one of if not the most interesting back story of all the attractions at WDW!

Jeff Handshaw 100+visits
11-12-2001, 05:20 PM
Tony's story is the correct version of what I've heard. The wife (the 'clear' woman with the red beating heart) in the attic pushes you out the window to your death and your spirit scares the old man and dog.

Skippy
11-14-2001, 01:08 PM
I heard that when the doombuggie turns around, it drops 6 feet (as in 6 feet under) and represents your death.

I have also heard about the "hellhound" being in the graveyard scene, but have never seen it. It is supposed to be real scary.

Fantasmic
11-14-2001, 01:13 PM
I've heard that darn wolf in Frontierland... :rolleyes:

I'm scared...that story about going down 6feet is freaky !

joho0
11-14-2001, 10:49 PM
Stop it...you guys are freakin me out!
I've always told my daughter what a light hearted ride it is. Now I'm not so sure. :eek:

twistedmickey
11-16-2001, 06:21 PM
I saw a picture of a pet cementary at the HM at Magic Kingdom. Can someone tell me where that is located???? :confused:

ThisKnee
11-17-2001, 07:31 AM
The Pet Cemetary is to the left as you exit, on the side of the hill. There's a lot a ferns all around and in it, so it's pretty easy to miss if you're not looking for it.

......is this room really stretching? :confused: :confused:

kansasteen13
11-17-2001, 11:58 AM
I heard that at Disneyland orignally it was supposed to be told by crows and if you have been on it you will see some of the crows orignally planned to tell the story.Also The ghost host was orignally planned to be the husband of the bride in the attic but he had thought she was having a affair and killed her but found out she wasn't and killed himself. :eek:

JabberJaws
11-18-2001, 11:16 AM
Supposedly( I saw supposedly b/c none of these "back stories" have ever been verified) but supposedly the crow that u see throughout the ride was Madame Leota's( the head in the crystal ball in the seance room) pet. She had a thing for Master Gracey and was jealous that he loved the bride in the attic...so she cursed the house and all who came to it...that is why there are so many ghosts there b/c everyone that comes to the house ends up gettin put six feet under.

GoofyBarney
11-18-2001, 08:27 PM
Interesting stories!! graemlins/thedolls.gif

I'll be sure to look for the wolf when I'm there graemlins/doubleeek.gif :eek:

graemlins/mickey.gif graemlins/mickey.gif

JabberJaws
11-19-2001, 11:57 AM
Be sure to look hard for that dern wolf...I looked and I looked the last time that I went and I couldn't find it for the life of me! If ANYONE has actually SEEN it with their own two eyes please let me know! hahah Thanx! graemlins/crazy.gif

frakers
11-19-2001, 03:35 PM
The wolf is located in the graveyard, almost opposite the caretaker and his dog. He stands towards the back on the left hand side of the doom buggy, sort of next to and behind the tree. He is just bones but he does howl matching the sound of the howl. You may have never seen him because he is visible just after your doom buggy turns. Most likely you're looking at the caretaker and never look to the other side.

PrincessBelle
11-22-2001, 09:01 PM
Hey i was just wondering about the story gracey and his wife and the back stories about HM. could anyone tell me some good ones? thanks!! graemlins/muscles.gif