PDA

View Full Version : If Parks are to Capacity Christmas Week will they...

Mickeylover
11-05-2001, 09:19 PM
Not sure how crowded parks will be Christmas week in comparison to other years. I know I've heard when the park is crowded..don't leave because they may close it to additional guests and you may not get back in.

I THINK I've heard in the past that resort guests are guaranteed admission to parks.
-What about guests at Downtown Disney hotels?
-If I have a PS in a restaurant, will they let me in, even if the park is "closed" to additional guests?

I've never been at Christmas, and never been when the parks are at capacity so if anyone has any info, I'd appreciate it!

[ November 05, 2001: Message edited by: Mickeylover ]</p>

MaggieMouse
11-06-2001, 06:19 AM
Bumping because I have the same question.

Karl
11-06-2001, 06:25 AM
Well, you are one word off...

You are not guaranteed admission to parks, you are guaranteed admission to A park. If you have already been to A park, then they have fulfilled their obligation to you. It does not say which park you will be allowed to enter either, so if you show up to Epcot, they can technically send you to MGM for your admission to A park.

**Just re-read your question, DD hotels don't have ANY rights for guaranteed admission. Guaranteed admission applies to Disney Resort Guests (Swan and Dolphin included, they are not Disney owned) and Annual Passholders (regular and premium).

Priority Seating doesn't mean squat either. In their disclaimer they read, I think they cover themselves on this one. Something to the effect that it does not guarantee you admission to the parks.

On busy days, July 4th, Christmas, and NYE, I always pick a park with the intentions of staying there ALL DAY, or at least until I've seen what I wanted to see, fireworks, parades, etc. The only surefire way to leave and be allowed to reenter, if if you have an animal checked into the Kennels. They mandate that you walk the animal every so often, and you will be given a pass to leave, do your business, and re-enter. I think only one person in your group will be given that pass as well.

So, with that, if you get to a park, stay there, if you have PS to eat in a park on a holiday, get there early! Don't leave to eat at a resort in hope of getting back in, it might not happen.

And finally, my little disclaimer, I've never been denied access to a park. I've never tried to beat the system. These answers are my understanding in talking to Guest Services about trips I had planed. I wanted to make sure everything was going to go smoothly. I needed to rephrase their answers and say, is that what you mean?

KARL

[ November 06, 2001: Message edited by: Karl ]</p>

Mickeylover
11-06-2001, 03:03 PM
Karl, thanks for the scoop...and some disclaimer clarification I hadn't thought of. I guess on Chrismas Eve and Christmas Day, with dinner ressies at LTT and the Candlelight Processional, I better get there early and plan to stay there late!

(Gonna be a little different than my preferred mid day break...but I've never done this during the holidays so they'll be lots to see!) confused_smile.gif

snmthecloser
11-06-2001, 03:07 PM
I think that Sept. 11 is effecting the crowds, but I hope that the parks will be full to capacity. graemlins/mickey.gif graemlins/mickey.gif

DisneyDarren
11-06-2001, 03:10 PM
Sometimes priority seating availability is cut when there is a holiday, especially on Christmas Day and New Year Eve as many people make PS's and then the parks fill and they can't get in. This leaves more room for walk-ins. graemlins/mickey.gif ( - I just love this new smilie!!!)

Karl
11-06-2001, 09:47 PM
I'm not sure what this year will be like as far as attendance goes, but remember, lots of Florida residents have annual passes as well. They are SOOOO cheap it would make you sick! Not that it's bad, but you'll still have a lot of "locals" there.

BTW - Very good idea to do MK the day before Christmas, and Epcot on Christmas. You don't want to be anywhere near MK on Christmas Day. We went to MK the day after, since most people try to go on Christmas, and it was very peaceful. Probably a combination of tired people and those that already were there.

One thing I found that was great, was doing the Hoop Dee Doo on Christmas Eve. It was really great, and puts you right in the Christmas spirit. It's sortof at night, so you can still spend most of the day at MK, and you can catch a boat from the Contemporary to Pioneer Hall easily... Just a suggestion...

KARL