PDA

View Full Version : A Tip for Parents

ElenitaB
12-16-2001, 11:30 AM
While my little guy will jump at a chance to go on Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Star Tours or Body Wars, he has a real tough time with "dark" rides like Haunted Mansion and even PoTC. graemlins/shakehead.gif He won't even go in the queue area for Snow White!

We found the 100 Years light-up pins to be a real life saver. graemlins/thumbsup.gif When he got scared, all he had to do (or we did it for him), was swipe his hand over the front of the pin, and presto-chango, an instant light source and distraction. It worked really well to help him with his fears. graemlins/mike.gif

imported_PolyGirl40
12-16-2001, 12:15 PM
Great idea, Ellen.

Did he then go on to enjoy the attraction and realize it wasn't so scary after all -- or did he simply get through it and not want a repeat performance? graemlins/mickey.gif

MNNHFLTX
12-16-2001, 04:01 PM
Not only are the pins great to light up and reassure kids in "dark" rides, but they were an incentive to my son to go on one. Although he doesn't usually care for Tower of Terror, he wanted to go on it just to see what the pin would do. He was so fascinated with it that the spooky aspects of the ride didn't scare him at all!

Jared
12-16-2001, 04:57 PM
<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MNNHFL:
Not only are the pins great to light up and reassure kids in "dark" rides, but they were an incentive to my son to go on one. Although he doesn't usually care for Tower of Terror, he wanted to go on it just to see what the pin would do. He was so fascinated with it that the spooky aspects of the ride didn't scare him at all!<hr></blockquote>

That's very interesting, but I completely understand it. The pin must have did something pretty cool on a ride like ToT! :D graemlins/mickey.gif

imported_Melanears
12-17-2001, 08:53 AM
I have a question about these 100 Years of Magic pins. Are they in abundant supply? Somewhere I got the idea that they were hard to find. I also think this is a great idea to do with my kids when we go in March. Hope they are easy to find.

graemlins/mickey.gif

ElenitaB
12-18-2001, 11:13 AM
First of all, welcome to Intercot, Melanears!

The pins are available all over the place (or at least they were Thanksgiving week).

Have fun!

imported_Melanears
12-18-2001, 11:32 AM
Thanks so much for the welcome. I have really been enjoying my time here. I think I am "hooked". ;)

I am glad to hear the pins are everywhere. I think it is such a neat idea. Looking forward to going more than ever. graemlins/mickey.gif

JessieTYCG
12-18-2001, 12:11 PM
Hey there, Hi there, Ho there everybody!

Just a thought on the scarier rides and attractions at WDW. My husband and I went with our then 2 1/2 year old last year and noticed that the Disney pamphlets for each park do a really nice job of warning parents of young children which rides to stay away from. We also had Birmbaum's guide which became our Disney bible. However, their was no warning on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride and so we un-knowingly took our daughter on the adventure that scared the begeebers out of her. I would suggest staying away from this one until the tots are a bit older. Perhaps 7 years of age?

Any thoughts or similar experiences?

JessieTYCG graemlins/mike.gif (Hey look! It's Mike Wazowski!)