PDA

View Full Version : best spot for kingdom fireworks

dyin`tago
07-12-2001, 11:02 PM
my wife,son and I are there sept 6th to 22nd and the only fireworks show is saturday the 15th.
what is the best place for viewing,even a restaurant would work.
thanks!

------------------

DisneyWizard
07-13-2001, 12:02 AM
I like to be on the Tomorroland bridge, which leads right towards the Plaza Pavilion. Tink flies RIGHT above your head, and you have a perfect view of the castle and fireworks.

------------------
"...I say believe in the future. The world is getting better."
-Walt Disney

In the works:
X Worlds of Adventure 2001 (done!)
-Islands of Adventure 2001
-Walt Disney World 2001
-DisneyLand 2002

Click here to vote for Intercot as the #1 Disney Site! (http://pub25.bravenet.com/vote/vote.asp?usernum=2106291801)

SpecJoe Magic
07-13-2001, 12:11 AM
There are many good places to view the fireworks. I usually just stand in the middle of Main Street facing Cinderella Castle. That may not be the best place though. I guess you will just have to experiment and find the place you like to view the fireworks from. Sorry I could not be of more help.

------------------
You are moving into a land of both topics and replys of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the "Intercot Zone." :)

You seek the treasure of Mara, glittering gold, it is yours.
--Indiana Jones Adventure
Disneyland, California

22 visits to WDW and 1 to Disneyland.

Roland
07-13-2001, 07:28 AM
I personally like the fairway in front of the Speedway close to the TTA. You can still watch her slide from the castle, but not all of it. The fireworks are unobstructed from there, but you won't see the castle in the foreground. Like another poster said, there are many good spots, all depends on what you want to see in the total picture.

I do not know from personal experience, but many say get reservations at the California Kitchen in the Contemporary resort. It is on the 15th (?) floor and the view is suppose to be spectacular.
------------------
'92 - August, Disneyland
'96 - April, Wilderness Lodge
'97 - October, offsite
'98 - Sept., Dixie Landings
'99 - Sept., Wilderness Lodge
'00 - Sept., Wilderness Lodge
'00 - Oct., All Sports
'01 - Jan., All Sports
'01 - May Wilderness Lodge
'01 - July All-Sports
'01 - Sept. All-Sports/Poly

[This message has been edited by Roland (edited July 13, 2001).]

captjeff22
07-13-2001, 12:57 PM
All the above locations are great. It really depends upon what you want to see in your field of vision and the environment you want to experience as you witness "Fantasy in the Sky" Fireworks.

Since I saw so many fireworks working on the ferryboats, that is my personal choice.

------------------
Watercraftie '73-'99

charlie
07-13-2001, 11:26 PM
We watched the fireworks in Fantasyland. It is a very good view and hardly anybody thinks of it. It isn't very crowded at all.

We also stood in Frontierland to watch them. We were on the little bridge by Splash Mt. and the entrance of Tom Sawyer Island. This was a wonderful view of the fireworks and they pipe in the music as if you were on Main Street.

These are just some suggestions for some not so crowded places to view the fireworks.

------------------
'82 off sight
'84 off sight
'87 off sight
'88 off sight
'94 off sight
'99 CBR
'01 PO-FQ

TiggerRPh
07-14-2001, 08:39 AM
We like to view the fireworks from Main Street near the tip board. You get a great view of the fireworks with the castle in the foreground and you get a good view of Tink starting the whole thing off. The downside is that it can be a bit crowded.

http://www.intercot.com/boards/grazy.gif http://www.intercot.com/boards/rollsmile.gif http://www.intercot.com/boards/grazy.gif

------------------
...the most wonderful things about Tiggers, is I'm the only one.

Ray(aka TiggerRPh)
Intercot Staff : Disney & Orlando Dining; The Water Cooler

frakers
07-14-2001, 11:52 AM
I'm not telling......then everyone else would be there. Just stay away from Main Street and you'll be fine.

------------------
WDW - 7/01, 1/01, 12/00, 10/00, 6/00, 2/00, 12/99, 8/99.....you get the idea.
Disney Magic
Coronado Springs
Yacht Club
Wilderness Lodge
Grand Floridian
Contemporary
Dixie Landings
All Star Sports
All Star Movies
Disney Institute
Fort Wilderness
More to come......

[This message has been edited by frakers (edited July 14, 2001).]

PharmD
07-14-2001, 08:40 PM
I have viewed the fireworks from the observation deck on the 15th floor of the Contemporary resort and there is only one word to describe the view, spectacular. They pipe in music and you can here the soundtrack from the fireworks. We go there everytime to see them.

------------------
PharmD

off property 1976
off property 1983
off property 1992
off property 1997
off property 1998
off property 1999
ASMov May 2000
Next renewal of Disney Magic
December 2001 All Star Movies

"There's a great big beautiful tommorrow, shining at the end of every day."

FutureImagineer
07-15-2001, 12:35 PM
I second watching them from the 15th floor..
but there is somewhere else in the contemporary that also gives a spectaular view:
The 11th floor fire escape on the right side

You couldnt really here the music....but that didnt matter. And one other funny thing happened.... Every time a huge fire work would POP, a car alarm in the parking lot went off! My family and i were HYSTERICAL!
I had the best time that night!

------------------

Rachel
07-15-2001, 06:43 PM
Another vote for the California Grill. Request a table next to the window. When the fireworks begin, they dim the lights in the restaurant and pipe in the music. I didn't see Tink but you get a great view of the rest of the show from there.

------------------

Brian
07-15-2001, 10:35 PM
Also... if you don't mind missing the music, there is a cool spot on the main floor of the Contemporary. There is a "balcony" just outside of the end facing the Magic Kingdom. You get a great view of the fireworks, along with the undercarriage of the monrails. :smile:

------------------

Arcane Jill
07-18-2001, 05:15 PM
We managed to get a table in Cinderella's Royal Table (the restaurant inside the castle) during the fireworks -- I've never seen anything like it. It was awesome! Although tough to get -- lots of people have the same idea -- but you get to see the fireworks through the stained glass windows while they pipe in the music. It was just awesome. http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif

------------------

LittleSpirit02
07-18-2001, 08:09 PM
My personal choice is Splash Mountain! It's awesome because before you go down the big hill, you see the castle all lit up with fireworks in the air. Then as you come out of the "Zip A Dee Dºoº Dah" Scene, you can see more fireworks as if they were a part of Brer Rabbit's celebration. http://www.intercot.com/boards/bounce.gif Timing can be hard though. Might want to get a fastpass for that time. http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif Enjoy!

------------------
"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing -- that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney

"Dancers 'turn out' better."
Irish Step Dancers are #1!!

Trips:
1986 - Days Inn International Drive (outside) (Age 1)
1987 - Cocoa Beach/Pelican Landing (outside) (Age 2)
1988 - Cocoa Beach/Pelican Landing (outside) (Age 3)
1994 - Fort Wilderness Homes (Age 9)
1999 - Fort Wilderness Homes (Age 14)
2000 - Fort Wilderness Homes (Age 15)
Coming Soon:
2001 - Any of the following: Fort Wilderness Homes, Contemporary, DoubleTree Guest Suites (Age 16)

Fantasmike
07-19-2001, 10:39 AM
We have watched them from in front of the castle and it is the classic view but our best view was behind the castle close to Cinderella's Carousel. It was unobstructed and not very crowded.

------------------
1981-offsite
1987-offsite
1998-ASMu
2001-CBR

DreamFinder2
07-19-2001, 08:10 PM
The California Grill is a must! We always start our stay there (assuming the fireworks are happening that night) and we're never disappointed. In addition to a window table, the best views are on your right as you approach the bar/host/hostess area. If you get too far back in the restaurant you might as well be facing the other direction...of course then you could watch Illuminations!!!

------------------
'83 LBV Villas
'86 Polynesian
'97 ASMusic
'00 Off-Site
'02 Wilderness Lodge

"We live where we live, but we spend most of our time at WDW."