PDA

View Full Version : Toontown Hall of fame tent

Toni
02-14-2002, 05:22 PM
I loved this area! We got to meet six characters for a relatively short wait. My kids thought this was a taste of heaven. We had the photographer take a picture of us with each character, so we would be sure and get a good shot. When we went to view our photo's the picture with pooh was flawless, so we bought that one. We almost missed this area, I'm sure glad we didn't.... tongue.gif

Patricia
02-14-2002, 09:15 PM
This is a great place to get character photos.. and it's so cool inside on a hot day.
We always stop by here, I'm glad you found it! :D

If you didn't find it this trip, next time go into the back of Exposition Hall on Main Street. I have bumped into all kinds of characters in there with no other people around. They also have cool movie scene cut outs to have your pictures taken in (the kind the kids put their heads in). Last time I was there they had a car from the Mr. Toad attraction you could get a picture in. graemlins/clappy.gif

Buzz Fanatic
02-14-2002, 09:55 PM
I never made it to this area yet, but hope to this year with my 4 year old son! graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/muscles.gif

That would be an added perk if they had the Mr. Toad car there, i miss that ride! graemlins/shakehead.gif

DisneyHog
02-14-2002, 10:33 PM
I think that, next to Fastpass, these areas WDW has set up to meet the characters is the best idea they have come up with. I can remember growing up as a kid, and wanting to meet the characters. Back then, it was more of a fight to get to them, and more often that not, I left disapponted because the characters went back inside before I could get to them. For some reason, nobody back then knew how to form a line to meet a character. Disney has really improved the experience when it comes to meeting characters now a days. :D

joho0
02-14-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Patricia:
If you didn't find it this trip, next time go into the back of Exposition Hall on Main Street. I have bumped into all kinds of characters in there with no other people around.A lot of people know that you can meet all 7 dwarves in the (remaining) alley on Main Street but we found out that they retire to the Exposition Hall afterwards and a lot of times there is no one in there. Our daughter was able to have her picture taken with each dwarf seperately as well as a group shot. She was blown away! A little advice...make sure you have your flash turned on. To our dismay, our photos came out a little darker than expected. Still, our DD was thrilled.

Jennib
02-16-2002, 10:39 PM
Wow...I did not know that you can meet the dawrfs there. I love them...I will have to look for them next time!!
Thanks for the tip!

Jared
02-17-2002, 08:24 AM
I agree that having things like the Toontown Hall of Fame are great, but I still miss the days when you had to go find the characters yourself, instead of having the map tell you where they will be all day long. But as Dewey said, people wouldn't form lines at the characters, and people would unfairly miss him.