PDA

View Full Version : nursing at the parks

duggan
06-22-2001, 10:35 AM
Can anyone tell me where a good place would be (official or otherwise) to nurse a baby in each of the parks?

------------------
'72 - Polynesian Resort
'81 - Polynesian Resort
'84 - Contemporary Resort
'93 - Dixie Landings
'99 - Wilderness Lodge
'01 - Off Property

EvaBryan
06-22-2001, 10:41 AM
I don't speak from experience (I don't have kids) but I had a pounding sinus headache last year and was sent to the Baby Care center at the end of Main Street to get some Sudafed. I was tempted to take a nap in there the atmosphere was so relaxing! There were a few parents with young kids in there - napping, getting out of the sun, nursing or just relaxing - it seemed like a really nice place.

It has also been said that two of the best places to nurse an infant are in the Hall of Presidents (MK) and the American Adventure (Epcot). http://www.intercot.com/boards/wink2.gif Although, I wouldn't advise it.

------------------

ariel1014
06-22-2001, 11:27 AM
Hi!
My son is well beyond the nursing years but when we were just down there we went to a restr. right next to small world. It was an order yourself then find a seat type. They had an upstairs with about 10 tables, no one was up there, except us, nice and cool, dark and out of the way. If you found a seat in the corner you would be very private there.

------------------

duggan
06-22-2001, 11:29 AM
Thank you EvaBryan!

I am looking on a MK map as we speak, I see the "Baby Services" area next to Crystal Palace. That must be the place you visited. Sounds like a good spot, from your description. I will keep it in mind...if only it were a little further into the park where all of the action is.

I'll have to check my other maps. I bet there is probably one located in each park. Nice to have a description. Thank you.

Any other input is also appreciated...

------------------
'72 - Polynesian Resort
'81 - Polynesian Resort
'93 - Dixie Landings
'99 - Wilderness Lodge
'01 - Off Property

duggan
06-22-2001, 11:31 AM
Thanks ariel1014! Was the food stop called Pinocchio Village Haus? If so, I didn't even know they had an upstairs.

Good suggestion.

------------------
'72 - Polynesian Resort
'81 - Polynesian Resort
'93 - Dixie Landings
'99 - Wilderness Lodge
'01 - Off Property

WDWFRK
06-22-2001, 02:47 PM
I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that all of the parks have a Baby Center which provides for nursing mothers and parents with infants.

As a nursing mom myself, I wouldn't think twice about discreetly nursing my daughter in any of the quiet, dark shows (HOP and AA were mentioned) or any place else that you feel is relaxing enough for you and baby.

------------------
Now is the time, now is
the best time...

ariel1014
06-22-2001, 03:23 PM
that might have been the name of the place. It was on the right of its a small world, if you sat downstairs, you could watch the people getting on the boats, yes they have an upstairs. I did notive that each park had one designated *baby area* which in a park that size can be quite a long walk from the other side of the park. So I would say find anyplace you are comfortable with, most of your eating areas have some sort of quite area.

------------------

morphi
06-22-2001, 06:41 PM
We've used the baby changing/nursing facilities in both Magic Kingdom (next to Crystal Palace) and Animal Kingdom (in Safari Village near entrance to Africa). They are both VERY nice and you'll want to linger there. The one at Animal Kingdom had an extra room for older siblings to play and watch a Disney video. It had a small food prep area (microwave, etc.) and other private areas. It sold pacifiers and other small baby items. They were both very first class. We'll be seeing them again this December when we go with a six-week old.

------------------

bradleysnana
06-22-2001, 07:15 PM
The Baby stations are the best place. First class all the way. Another idea is the TTA in Tomorrowland. It is a very private ride. Another suggestion would be It's A Small World. Some people will nurse anywhere. We were at Cindy's for breakfast and a lady was breastfeeding her rather large child. We ran into later in the day and I began casually talking to her. Come to find out-the child was 5. http://www.intercot.com/boards/eek.gif Anyway-if you would prefer not to be completely in the open and would prefer some privacy but the Baby Stations are not convenient, there are several shows and calm rides that are in the dark at all the parks (except possible AK-not sure about it). I do not think you will have any problems. And once again, check out the baby station. They are WONDERFUL. Quiet, cool, well attended, very private with rocking chairs and attendants that will get you anything you need.

------------------
Nana to Brad, Alex (and Dustin-due 7/31)

Hey John-Can we have another Odyssey next year? If we promise not to make such a mess and promise not to get kicked out of IASW. I promise we will be good. Please!!!!!

Becky (aka Bradleysnana)
Intercot Staff
[email protected]

duggan
06-23-2001, 04:55 PM
The baby stations sound WONDERFUL! We will try to use them when we are near and will make due in dark shows when needed.

Thanks for all the info. Handy to know there is a sibling area in the baby center at AK.

http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif

------------------
'72 - Polynesian Resort
'81 - Polynesian Resort
'93 - Dixie Landings
'99 - Wilderness Lodge
'01 - Off Property

lovethemouse/hatetherat
06-23-2001, 06:09 PM
Five???? I know this is off topic and all, but that is crazy! I have no problems with breastfeeding, it IS best, and I did with both of my daughters until they were a year. But something seems a bit warped about breastfeeding a five year old. My youngest is five(almost 6), and I couldn't even imagine it! Besides, once they got a few teeth, I was ready for some independence!

Duggan, really it depends on your comfort level. My first one I was a bit more shy about it, but towards the end with the second I eased up a bit. The baby care centers do look pretty nice and relaxing (I got a peek inside the one at MGM), but I would definitely go for HOP or AA if you are in the midst of things and find the need.

------------------