PDA

View Full Version : Is there a trick to Millionare Play It at MGM??

Huzzah
02-15-2002, 01:14 PM
I love this attraction.
I have gone multiple times and have come as close as 6th in the entire crowd.
Having played video games for the vast majority of my life I know my hand-eye coordination is great but I for the life of me can't figure out how I can be any quicker. I have tried hitting the key befor the lights come on with no success. I have hit the key as soon as the light comes on with no success.

I'm calling out to all Intercot members who have made the hot seat......what are your tips or tricks!!!
graemlins/muscles.gif

DisneyHog
02-15-2002, 01:39 PM
I KNOW, I KNOW....

You have to answer the questions correctly! :D graemlins/laughing.gif graemlins/rotfl.gif

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Honestly though, I never even broke into the top 10, and I thought I was going pretty quick too, so I don't know how to get in that hot seat.

graemlins/mickey.gif

AUDisFan
02-15-2002, 03:43 PM
The key is not hitting the key just once.

As soon as you see the right answer start hitting that button as fast as you can.

Also knowing the right answer helps.

This got me into the hot seat on the third try.

Good luck!

MrToad4Ever
02-15-2002, 04:11 PM
AudisFan is completely right! as soon as you see the answeer push the button repetedly. I've goten to 1st place this way and got stumped with some pooh ?! :mad:

DisneyFreak1
02-15-2002, 05:24 PM
yeah... thats the way you gotta do it.. and you gotta push it as fast as possible.. as this will make ur speed just that little bit faster... which makes all the difference... thats how i made it up there on my 3rd time seeing the show

DisneyHog
02-15-2002, 10:36 PM
Ah, thanks for the info guys. I'm gonna have to try this next time I go. I want some free WDW stuff!!!! :D

[ February 15, 2002, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: DisneyHog ]

EvaBryan
02-16-2002, 01:13 PM
I have seen Millionaire five times. Each of the five times I have made it to the Top Ten, once as high as second place and once as high as third. Needless to say, I am bound and determined to get into that darn seat. :D

Almost each time I have been there a kid (usually under 16) has made it to the hot seat. I know that you have to hit the button as soon as you see the answer come on the screen, and I have a suspicion that many of these kids are whaling on it continuously. None of them have ever gone beyond the 1000 point question, although I saw one 12-year-old give an impressive answer to a question about Kris Kristopherson.

I ran into a guy who has seen the show more than 30 times and has placed in the top ten almost each time. He has yet to make it to the seat. You have to be lightening fast and accurate.

Good luck!

Eva graemlins/mickey.gif

Donald_Quackers
02-18-2002, 02:32 PM
I must have just been lucky. I got into the hotseat after just seeing the show 3 times. The time I got in, the person in the hotseat before me missed the second question or so, but I knew it, and I knew to mash the button as soon as I saw the right answer. It was a great experience, and a comfortable seat! ;) graemlins/clappy.gif

tiggerrrific
02-18-2002, 04:10 PM
If you're in the hot seat, and don't know the answer, can you stop at any level?
I only ever saw people keep going until they blew it, and got the 16000, or 32000 prize. Kind of wondering if there is a prize between 32000 and a million, and what it would be.

While I'm thinking of it...
"Phone a complete stranger". I know it would be harder to get the voice talent available to pull it off, but... wouldn't it be much cooler to have "phone a Disney character"? Personally I wouldn't call Dopey or Goofy - the names alone don't inspire confidence. :cool:

TTFN

dc16
02-18-2002, 07:17 PM
You have to be real fast! I came in first once, they ran out of time :rolleyes: , and second a lot of times, but speed is the key!