PDA

View Full Version : Purchase Annual Passes Where & When?

KylesMom
02-20-2002, 01:13 PM
I previously mentioned that it was cheaper for us to purchase Annual Passes for our upcoming trip in May.

After reading a limited amount of information on the Disney Club website, I understand that I can purchase APs at the Disney Store, via an 800 number or at the TTC. Can you also purchase these when you arrive at your hotel? If so, do you get your Club discount? Do they give you a voucher after you pay and then you redeem the voucher for the AP card at the TTC?

Lastly, I was going to wait until the last possible time to buy these so the charges would be deferred on my credit card until we return. Would there be an advantage to purchasing the APs now?

Thanks, guys! graemlins/mickey.gif

Disneywarrior
02-20-2002, 02:05 PM
I really don't think that there is any real advantage to getting the vouchers. Some people get them because they think that it will take less time at the ticket window. This is a myth! It takes no time at all! Go to any park and you can buy the AP and with the DC discount. We did this last June and it took about 5 min.

MNNHFLTX
02-20-2002, 02:54 PM
The only advantage to purchasing the AP's ahead of time is if you are planning on using the voucher to get an AP discount on one of the Disney resorts. I believe you have to have the voucher when you check into the hotel to get the discount.

A good reason to wait to buy the AP's is that the expiration date on the AP's is the day you buy them, not the first day that you use them, as it used to be.

We've always bought/renewed our AP's through the TTC (or at Guest Services at the parks) without any difficulties and usually just a short wait.