PDA

View Full Version : Illuminations- Best View ?

tnemgif
02-20-2002, 05:53 PM
Where is the best place to view Illuminations at Epcot? Last time we went we just based it on which way the wind blew. But this is a different show and I didn't know if there were special effects that can be seen better from a certain area. I heard this is a really cool show, but I want to be close enough to see everything.

DisneyWizard
02-20-2002, 06:38 PM
My favorite spot to watch is between Mexico and Norway - right on the rail near the speakers. I also like on the benches behind the bridge leading to Mexico - both offer wonderful views! graemlins/mickey.gif

MKPlutoGuy
02-20-2002, 08:37 PM
My favorite spot is by Mexico...we watch TOD, then when the last puppet passes, make a break for the railing for first class viewing of illuminations. smile.gif

Tink2002
02-21-2002, 06:10 PM
Ummmm... okay, I'm not great w/ directions, but there's like this table against the rail on the water in Canada that was good for us!!!! Whatever you do though, DO NOT MOVE YOUR BOTTOM FROM THE SEAT UNTIL THE SHOW ENDS!!!! We stood up for just a couple seconds one night and it was taken for the show when we got back! :eek:

Simba 1
02-24-2002, 06:36 AM
The bridge between England and France gives a very nice unobstructed view. The pontoon boats that you can rent for fireworks cruises stay under that bridge during the show.

tunascuba
02-24-2002, 10:34 AM
This s not the best place to "View" illuminations, but when you have seen it a few times and know what its all about, its better to spend the time with friends- I meet my parnets and my sister at norway about 10 mins befor the show- we buy a cup of coffee and something sweet at the danish shop and then sit under the covered area just at the exit of the danish shop- You can see about 70-80% of whats going on, but you are alone with your friends enjoying a treat. I have seen the show a bunch, and this is the best way for me. Give it a shot, you might find you like the chill vibe. :cool:

jlmmlm
02-25-2002, 09:35 PM
I agree with the bridge, near the international Gateway. Especially, if your staying somewhere like The Beach Club. After the fireworks, a five minute walk and your back at your room. It was nice.

Mr. Brass Bonanza
02-26-2002, 08:20 AM
If you can get Priority Seating for the Rose and Crown for about 8:00, and when you get there request a patio table, that would be the best. Make sure you tell them that the reason you made PAs at that time was to watch Illuminations from the patio.

We did this, and the person said they really couldn't have us wait for a table on the patio. When I told her to please try to make it happen because that is why we made the PAs for 8:00, magic settled in. We got exactly what I had hoped for, and it was incredible.

Note that the tables on the patio are round with umbrellas and only seat four people. We had six so we had to split up, but it was well worth it!

Womble
02-26-2002, 09:18 AM
Tnemgif I think you have hit the nail on the head when you said about the wind direction. I would guess I have seen the fireworks at Epcot 40+ times. The two times I had PS at the Rose & Crown the wind was blowing straight at the pub and the smoke was really bad!

graemlins/idea.gif The one thing I would warn you about is the Islands. There are three Islands in the Lagoon, which you sometimes won’t notice until the fireworks start. It’s a real downer if one obscures your view of the fireworks. Otherwise you can see nearly all the show from anywhere around the Lagoon.

My favourite spot “wind allowing” is between American Adventure & Italy when it is busy; this is because it seems to be the last place to fill up! :D

splashtest
02-26-2002, 10:52 AM
I agree with the Rose & Crown Pub. It definately has the best view.