PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Camera Station at Imagination?

damian
07-08-2001, 06:08 AM
I have bought a digital camera and will need to save my images somewhere. I emailed disney information and they said that i could store my digital pictures at imagination in Epcot. But...

Does anyone know any more information about this service? How do they charge for storage? do they put it onto CD? Also my main concern is that they take my type of media (Sony Memory Stick).

Thanks for reading.

Rhetoric2000
07-08-2001, 07:27 AM
We took a laptop last year. We had slide shows at the end of each day.

------------------

Willowwind
07-08-2001, 08:05 AM
Hi there, I have a Cyber-shot that sees a TON of use, so I sympathize with your media delima. My best suggestion is that you call EPCOT and talk to the Camera center directly. That way you know exactaly what equipment is available.

Other than that though, here are a couple of ideas.

1. Sony makes an adapter that you slip the memory stick into and it functions just like a 3.5 floppy. Handy little gadget.

2. Bring along your USB cables so that you can transfer that way.

3. Buy more memory http://www.intercot.com/boards/supergrin.gif Target sells a 16meg memory stick for about $50. That will hold around 36 images on 1020 resolution and double that on 640. However for the clearest pictures I don't reccomend dropping under 1020.

What we're doing is two fold though. I bought more memory, and my husband is bringing along a lap top so we can dump the pictures into there at night. Before I bought more memory, that laptop was going everywhere with us, what a pain!

More memory is a blessed thing.

------------------
Our Anniversary Trip December 2001 - Contemporary

damian
07-08-2001, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the advice. I have the cybershot dscp1 too. I have 64Mb but i was thinking of buying some when i get their as its is very expensive here in the uk (about 180 USD for 64Mb).

I will probably try to get into contact with the camera place and possibly invest in that floppy mem stick adaptor; i didnt think of that.

Only 5 weeks to go, i cant wait...

------------------

Barbruka
07-09-2001, 09:34 AM
They will download your pictures on to a CD. There is a fee, but not sure how much. Someone said $10 for one CD.

------------------
Barbruka 74,77,82,87,95, offsite
99 DXL
Next trip Sept. 2001 AKL & Poly

"I am there everyday in my heart and in my memories."

damian
07-09-2001, 01:18 PM
Thats great if they download it to a CD. I do hope that they will be able to store some on a hard drive or something for a while as 64Mb of pictures wont fill a cd up.

Thanks for the reply.

------------------