PDA

View Full Version : What is e-ride night?

disneydreamer33
03-21-2002, 02:35 PM
Could someone please explain this to us in detail please? :D

cjdive
03-21-2002, 02:41 PM
Basically, E-nights allows Disney Resort guests to stay in Magic Kingdom hours after it closes. The major attractions are left open (Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, etc.).

The cost is $12 and the hours are generally 2-3 hours after closing time. E-nights only happens a few times a month and you would have to check park hour schedules.

I hope this helps.

Chris graemlins/mickey.gif

kag426
03-21-2002, 02:49 PM
I recommend e-rides TOTALLY! They're the best! You feel like you're breaking the law! No lines, no waiting, no crowds! It's like you have thepark all to yourself!

imported_PolyGirl40
03-21-2002, 02:56 PM
There are usually 3-4 E-ride nights scheduled each month. The dates are normally announced a month in advance.

There is an entire page dedicated to E-ride nights in Info Central to your left. smile.gif

Link to E-ride Nights Page (http://www.intercot.com/parkpasses/enights/default.asp)

Marker
03-21-2002, 02:58 PM
E-Ride is great.

After a few trips to WDW, we did E-Ride just a week ago last Monday, IT WAS GREAT.

Sure, I had reservations about spending another $12, but it was well worth the extra. For 3 hours, you get to experience MK at night, with all the lights, and almost no crowd. Of the ride that were operating only SM had any line at all, and it was only 5-10 minutes. Everything else you pretty much just walked up and got on.

We did SM twice, Alien Encounter, TTA, Buzz, HM, BTMR, and SM. We could have done BTMR one more time, but we started talking to someone. All with no lines, no crowds, no heat. It was so much fun.

I'll do it every chance I get now.

Jillpie
03-21-2002, 03:08 PM
We are doing our first Enight with my sister's family on April 15th. With everything that everyone says on intercot about it, I can't wait. I can't imagine going on my favorite ride, BTMRR over and over again. There is a second e ride night that week on Thurs., do you think thats overkill or is there such a thing at MK? ;) It would also mean I'd have to cancel ressies at Rose and Crown to see illuminations. oh, decisions....

Astra
03-21-2002, 03:17 PM
Hey Jillpie! We did two E-ride nights in one week in February, and we loved them both! The magic didn't wear off, and it was even raining the second night. Of course it is going to be harder to choose if you have to give up Illuminations, but I personally couldn't imagine NOT taking full advantage of MK at night with no crowds! We didn't actually buy the tickets for the second night until after we did the first (can you imagine we thought we'd have to wait and see if we liked it well enough to do it twice? ;) , but we were glad we did!

disneymomw_3boys
03-21-2002, 03:24 PM
Another benifit of E-Night is Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Chip & Dale come out for a while to pose for pictures with guest. graemlins/muscles.gif

We have posed for pictures with these Characters
in the middle of Tommorowland in front of Buzz Lightyear and in front of Ciderella's Castle. Now if the Characters were out and about like this in the middle of the day I think you would find the lines very long and some people uncoopertive.

disneydreamer33
03-21-2002, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the info everyone! What I dont understand is....do you have to leave and then re-enter the park? Do you buy the tickets erlier in the day? And if its so great why arent they bussier? I would think with fewer rides open that would mean longer lines at the ones that are. Help me see the light!

imported_Melanears
03-22-2002, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by disneydreamer33:
Thanks for the info everyone! What I dont understand is....do you have to leave and then re-enter the park? Do you buy the tickets erlier in the day? And if its so great why arent they bussier? I would think with fewer rides open that would mean longer lines at the ones that are. Help me see the light!We did E Ride last Thursday night. We bought our tickets on Wednesday at our hotel (ASMo). We had eaten dinner at Epcot on Thursday night and didn't head over to MK until 8:30 or so. That night it ran from 9-12. We got right in line beside City Hall to get our wristband since we hadn't been at MK all day. You can start getting your wristbands at 4pm at three different locations around the MK.

From what I understand, tickets for this event are supposedly limited to 5000. It is for resort guests only with Park Hopper passes. I look at it as kind of a reward for staying on property and buying a multi-day pass. Not everyone can take advantage of it.

That said, the only lines we encountered last Thursday were for BTMR and Space Mt., but again they were just 10-15 mins. Everything else was walk on. It was definitely worth it! graemlins/muscles.gif It's great to have the MK almost to yourself and doing everything at night is fun, especially BTMR and Splash Mt.

Melanie
graemlins/mickey.gif

Timbo
03-22-2002, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the info everyone! What I dont understand is....do you have to leave and then re-enter the park? Do you buy the tickets erlier in the day? And if its so great why arent they bussier? I would think with fewer rides open that would mean longer lines at the ones that are. Help me see the light!No, you don't have to leave the park. When we do eRide nights, we find a comfy bench to watch Fantasy in the Sky, then while everyone without a wristband heads out, we just keep on chugging! As mentioned above, the limitations keep it less busy. Even if they sold to the limit, I don't think it would be very busy. It's awesome! Don't over-analyze it...just DO it!

AbbyabbyAbby
03-22-2002, 11:54 AM
If only there were E right nights next week when I'm there! graemlins/crying.gif
They are great!! You can't beat the MK at night with little crowds!! graemlins/mickey.gif

Sushiboy
03-22-2002, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the info everyone! What I dont understand is....do you have to leave and then re-enter the park? Do you buy the tickets erlier in the day? And if its so great why arent they bussier? I would think with fewer rides open that would mean longer lines at the ones that are. Help me see the light!no you do not have to leave the park, you purchace a wristband some time throughout the day (earlier is better) there are only a set amount of tickets sold (a couple hundred or so) with so few people in the park the lines arent that long. hope that helps smile.gif

TiggersMom
03-22-2002, 12:11 PM
Called to re-confirm our room ressies today (POR 5-12 April) and asked the CM to check on the E-Ride night for April 5.

Yep! 9-12 after the park closes. Even though we don't get there until the day of, she didn't think it would be sold out if we got our tickets first thing that morning.

graemlins/muscles.gif I can't wait! graemlins/muscles.gif

I even have a waterproof case for my camera so I can take pictures of the Characters and still go on Splash Mountain! :D

I've heard that you can get in even after 9pm as long as you have your E-ticket and your multi-day pass (the pass gets you into the park, the ticket lets you stay)??

I don't plan on finding that out, even moved up my dinner PS so that we can catch Spectromagic, then the fireworks and then the night of rides. Also give us time to digest before SM and BTMR graemlins/sick.gif graemlins/ack.gif

luvindisney
03-22-2002, 01:21 PM
We will be in WDW May 25-30. graemlins/clappy.gif We are staying 3 nights at the Hilton at WDW and 2 nights at ASMo. Does anyone know if we can still buy E-nights passes when we are staying at the Hilton. They say that they are an official Disney World Property. Also does anyone know where I can find the E-nights schedule for that week? :confused: Any help would be great! :D

Jared
03-22-2002, 02:58 PM
I saw today that they have E-Ride scheduled for the 24th of May. That just might be my chance to experience it for the first time. ;) graemlins/clappy.gif

hope
03-26-2002, 09:41 AM
Does anyone know if you purchase an E-ride ticket, do you have to be in the park before it closes to get your wristbands? I.E. there is an E-ride night on Mon. May 6 from 7-10. Will there be any problem if we get there at say 7:30 (because of dinner)? If we can, where do we go to get in and get our wristbands??? Thanks!