PDA

View Full Version : Buses after parks close

Hirpa
03-19-2002, 10:48 AM
Once the rides and attractions close for the night at the parks, how late do the buses run back to the resorts? I would like to look through the shops while everyone hops on the bus and people clear out of the parks a little. Is this a good idea to avoid the rush and crowds?

Toughbug
03-19-2002, 11:27 AM
I think that the buses run for one hour after the closing times. I am like 95% sure of this. Maybe someone can confirm what I think is correct.

Meag0728
03-19-2002, 11:49 AM
I'm trying remember what the bus drivers say. I think I've heard them say the buses keep running till 1 hour after the park closes or till everone is gone. And isn't Pleasure Island 2hrs after it closes?

My last trip was March'01, I need to refresh my memory, next trip May! Can't wait! graemlins/clappy.gif

Sushiboy
03-19-2002, 11:54 AM
yeah its one hour after the park closes. I don't know about the PI thing though smile.gif

WDWdriver
03-19-2002, 02:42 PM
I think the correct terminology would be at least one hour after the park closes. Often it is two hours or more. The buses continue running until the park is clear of all guests. If you want to stroll through the shops or linger in a restaurant, then go ahead.

In a few rare cases the last guests in a restaurant may be approached and asked if they require Disney transportation. If they do, there will be a bus waiting for them while the rest of the system shuts down.

WDWdriver
03-19-2002, 02:49 PM
Oops, I forgot the PI info. The last buses from PI to the resorts are at 2:00 a.m. There is still one bus after that at about 2:15 to take care of any stragglers. This is commonly referred to as the "drunk bus", and it goes to all the resorts where the guests aboard are staying (if they can remember). graemlins/party.gif Riding this bus can sometimes be amusing, but I really don't recommend it. Catch an earlier one.

kip099
03-19-2002, 06:21 PM
I've been one of the last guests to leave the park and never had a problem catching a bus... I'm pretty sure it is impossible to get stranded.

jsalem
03-19-2002, 06:27 PM
My and some of my friends like to refer to the last PI bus as the vomit comet. It's not so Disney-like, but it does make a lot of sense!

Hey Mr. Disney Bus Driver - what do you do when the guests can't remember where they're staying?

Diswiz
03-21-2002, 12:15 AM
One hour after the last park closes. But, if you miss it, don't worry. Disney doesn't state this, but they have backup buses for a few hours, that make stops just to make sure. Don't rely on them though, as you can never be sure when and where they will be...Getting stuck in WDW is kind of hard... There will always be a castmember!!!

Chris
Hope this helps!