PDA

View Full Version : How early can you get into the parks?

cjdive
03-18-2002, 03:19 PM
Hi all,

I just joined Intercot Boards today (but have been reading all your posts for years smile.gif ). I will be going to Disney World (@CBR) for the umpteenth time the end of April/beginning of May graemlins/clappy.gif .

I was wondering, since Early Entry is no more, what is the earliest you can arrive to get into the parks? What time do the actual gates open? Will there be any E-nights during that time? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for all your help graemlins/mickey.gif

[ March 18, 2002, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: cjdive ]

chrispooh1963
03-18-2002, 04:48 PM
If I can add to that question, what time is the first bus pick up at the hotels?

goofysmyfav
03-18-2002, 04:56 PM
You can't get in early. Unless you have PS for one of the breakfasts. When we went to the Animal Kingdom because we too are use to EE you have to stand outside the gates until parks' opening time. Sometimes they open 10 minutes before the park opening but that day they opened 5-10 minutes past. The gates are very crowded.

As for the buses it is usually an hour before the parks open but I am not completely sure. Someone else can probally answer that one easier. The best thing to do is ask when you check in at your hotel.

WDWdriver
03-18-2002, 05:09 PM
Buses to each park start running about an hour before that park opens.

If you arrive at a park early you wait at the turnstiles until just minutes before the official park opening time. Typically, if MK opens at 9:00 they will start sending guests from the TTC via the monorail and ferryboat starting at about 8:50. The MK turnstiles will open at the same time, or a few minutes later.

imported_Melanears
03-18-2002, 09:24 PM
The parks don't open a minute early. Goofysmyfave is right about the gates being very crowded. A lot of that has to do with the security checks though.

Melanie
graemlins/mickey.gif

Sushiboy
03-18-2002, 09:55 PM
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/parkhours.asp

That link will list all the openings of the parks and the e-ride nights. Yeah the busses run an hour before opening. HAVE FUN!! graemlins/mickey.gif

WildernessMom
03-18-2002, 09:57 PM
Sorry I can't answer your question but Welcome to Intercot! graemlins/clappy.gif

LarryBoy
03-20-2002, 09:27 AM
So let me get this straight. They are not letting people into the parks more than a few minutes before the "official" oppening. graemlins/shakehead.gif They used to let people into the MK at least 30 minutes before oppening so that they could wander around main street. We would always go in early and hit the bakery. Does this mean that the rope drop is no more? graemlins/crying.gif This was always one of my favorite times in the park. graemlins/crying.gif

mel
03-20-2002, 10:12 AM
I was wondering the same thing. You mean, main street is not open at say 9:30? They have in years past dropped the rope from the end of main street.

CuteAsMinnie
03-20-2002, 11:36 AM
I'll chime in also...

Doesn't Main Street open before the "official" park opening time? :confused:

Ian
03-20-2002, 11:50 AM
Nope ... Main Street now opens at the same time the rest of the park does. Prepare for heavy crowds and waits at the entrance because they hold everyone there and make everyone go through the security checks there, as well.

The only way to get in early, as someone said before, is to make PS at Crystal Palace or CRT for breakfast.

cjdive
03-20-2002, 01:25 PM
Thank you all for the input smile.gif

FROG0823
03-20-2002, 01:30 PM
If you can swing it I would definitely reccomend a PS at one of the restaurants in the park. We had one for 8:00 at Cindy's and were in Fantasyland riding the attractions at 8:30...30 minutes before the park opened. Fantasyland was the only area we were allowed in but we had the whole thing wiped out by the time the general public made it down main st and into the lines...even rode the Pooh ride with Tigger and Pooh in the car behind us!!! What a treat! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

luvindisney
03-20-2002, 01:32 PM
Well then, when is the first available time for PS? I guess that I will eat breakfast in the park this year to get there early.

LarryBoy
03-20-2002, 01:45 PM
Does any one know if these changes are permanent? Because if they are this makes me really sad. graemlins/crying.gif I would think it would be easier to search people if there wasn't such a bottle neck at opening. graemlins/shakehead.gif

DadofChristaSonofRay
03-20-2002, 09:45 PM
We were there in December and they were starting
to let guests through the turnstiles about 5-7
minutes before the official opening time.You could just make the rope drops at 9am if you walked wide open!

RoosMomKanga
03-21-2002, 12:02 PM
So is there or isn't there a "rope drop"? Bummer graemlins/crying.gif ...who wants to speed walk up Main Street? My favorite was getting coffee and talking to the CM's!

45 days to go... graemlins/muscles.gif