PDA

View Full Version : MK Afternoon parade info and stops

Suzanne in Canada
03-15-2002, 09:39 AM
I am sorry if this has already been asked - but I am new to this board.

One of the highlights of our trip to WDW 2 years ago is when my then 4yr DD got picked by Cinderella and the prince to dance in the parade. To do this I had researched where the float stopped and staked out a good spot by the Auto Barn - we had to attend twice - the first time she got picked by a lady in waiting.

We'd like to try and do this again. With the new parade format is Cinderella in the glass ball? If so I assume she doesn't come out to meet the kids - but do the floats still stop and do they pick kids out of the crowd to dance with the float characters? If yes - could someone give me info on what the floats are, if Cinderella is one of them and where they stop?

Thanks in advance - you will help me make my now 6 yr DD and 3 yr DD dreams come true again.

(PS: I have to make up for the fact that I can't get ressies for breakfast at Cinderella's castle - but that's a whole other story!)

imported_PolyGirl40
03-15-2002, 10:11 AM
Welcome graemlins/party.gif

Originally posted by Suzanne in Canada:
Is Cinderella in the glass ball?
Yes she is and does not come out.

Do the floats still stop and do they pick kids out of the crowd to dance with the float characters?
Yes - There is a lot of interaction.

Could someone give me info on what the floats are, if Cinderella is one of them and where they stop?
For that information I will turn it over to MKPlutoGuy for quotes. He recently did a fantastic job addressing this very question.

To quote Eddy:

The first float features Mickey inside a snowglobe, with various models of his roles throughout his career. The theme is "It all started with a mouse" The next float features Pinocchio in the snow globe and symbolizes Disney's early days in entertainment. Gepetto, Blue Fairy, Snow White, and 3 other dwarves are aboard this float. The theme is "When you Wish Upon A Star."

Next float features Aladdin in the globe with Pooh, Mary Poppins, a figure of Dumbo, and a figure of Binard and Bianca. This float symbolizes Disney in flight, and the theme is "A Thousand Dreams to See." The next float features the Evil Snow Queen from Snow White in the globe. Cruella DeVil, Ursula, Jafar, Malefcient, and Captain Hook ride aboard the float. The theme is "Face Your Darkest Fears."

Next float features 3 snow globes in one-Cinderella and Prince Charming in one globe, Belle and Beast in one, and Ariel and Eric in the last. The theme is "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes." The finale float features Peter Pan (The host of the parade) Minnie, Goofy, Donald, and Pluto aboard a castle in the clouds float. The theme is "As Long as There is Imagination Left in the World"

Now that that is said and done, you can choose which 2 floats you like best. Mickey's Float and the Evil Queen Float stop at the same spot, so if you pick Mickey, you get the Villains as well.

Pinocchio and the Princesses stop at the same point as well, so if you want Princesses, you also get Pinocchio.

Lastly, Aladdin, and Finale floats stop in the same spot. You can't pick and choose however. For example pick Mickey and Princess, because they stop in different spots and you would have to move, and it would be very confusing.

Parade Stops;

Mickey's Float- Hall of Presidents, Castle Hub by path to Fantasyland, Casey's Corner, Bottom of Main Street, Trolley Barn

Pinocchio's Float-Liberty Tree Tavern, Castle Hub by path to Liberty Square, Top of Main St by info board, road intersecting Main St, Train Station

Flying Float-Diamond Horseshoe, Liberty Square right before bridge, Tomorrowland side of Castle Hub, Midway on Main St, Package pickup side of Town Square.

Vllains' Float-Between Frontierland Shootin Aracade and Country Bears, Hall of Presidents, Castle Hub by path to Fantasyland, Casey's Corner, Bottom of Main Street

Princess Float-Pecos Bills, Liberty Tree Tavern, Castle Hub by path to Liberty Square, Top of Main St by info board, road intersecting Main St

Finale Float-Splash Mt,Diamond Horseshoe, Liberty Square right before bridge, Tomorrowland side of Castle Hub, Midway on Main St
Have a fantastic time and don't miss the new parade at MGM.
Both are wonderful.

graemlins/mickey.gif

[ March 15, 2002, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: PolyGirl40 ]

Suzanne in Canada
03-15-2002, 12:38 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU PolyGirl 40 (Carol)

So if the main characters are in the globes - who comes out and dances with the kids?

Do they pick kid's ahead of time or do they just randomly pick from the crowd as they pass by?

SteveO
03-15-2002, 12:49 PM
There are a bunch of ancillary Disney characters who walk the route with the floats. The ones I can remember were Chip and Dale who got a bunch of kids to interact

imported_PolyGirl40
03-15-2002, 01:38 PM
The kids are picked randomly as the parade goes by. We just got back a few weeks ago. My son was chosen to help the Fantasia brooms with their water buckets and again by the Lost Boys to tease Captain Hook.

Lots of characters walk the route with the floats. I have pictures of both parades in my profile link. smile.gif

MKPlutoGuy
03-15-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by PolyGirl40:[QB] For that information I will turn it over to MKPlutoGuy for quotes. He recently did a fantastic job addressing this very question.[QB]
Aww, gee thanks Carol! ;) That really makes me feel good. smile.gif Looks like everything was mentioned here. The characters in the snow globes don't come up and greet the guests, because well they're in the globe.

Each float stop consists of the character in the globe saying something like this:
(From the Finale Float with Peter Pan speaking)

"So Tink, does it all end happily? It doess? Oh...once they all discover that...
When you imagine,
Time becomes timeless,
When you imagine, and you believe,
Fantasy Dances,
And hopes are revealed,
And the dreams that you dream become real.

You wanna join me? Its time to play! I'll open my lantern and let Tink flyway! With a yell and a wave, some faith and some trust, shout with me the words Pixie Dust. Are you ready? 1...2...3 Pixie Dust! Go Tink go!

Now thats some fancy flying!

I guess any dream is possible, if only you believe!"

Theres a similar concept with each of the floats. After the speach, the audience is invited out into the street for a 1 minute dance with the characters. The speach is 2 mins, and the dancing part is 1 minute, for a total of 3 minutes stoppage time. Children are randomly selected, so there is no way of guaranteeing a spot.

Also, the ladies in waiting (the people who started the previous parade Magical Moments) are in this new parade as well, as bridesmaids.

It really is a wonderful expierience, I hope you have a great time!

Noah's Helper
03-15-2002, 10:19 PM
Perla (Cinderella's mouse friend) invited our 4-year-old daughter to join her in the street when the princess float stopped near us. They walked to the other side of the float, and I have no idea what they did there (or were supposed to do). graemlins/crazy.gif DD said she just waved at the princesses. Of course, she was thrilled! :D

Jared
03-15-2002, 10:25 PM
Eddy, you're the man! :D Look at that incredible information about the Share A Dream Come True parade, and he's never even seen it.

Suzanne, welcome to INTERCOT!! graemlins/clappy.gif Eddy is our resident parade expert, so if you ever have a question about Tapestry of Dreams, Disney Stars and Motor Cars, or Mickey's Jammin Jungle, Eddy will be the first with information. :D

MKPlutoGuy
03-16-2002, 09:05 PM
Thanks Jared! graemlins/thumbsup.gif I do know a lot about the parades, (they're my favorite part! :D ) so if you have a question, just ask! ;)

dizneygirl
03-16-2002, 09:13 PM
Hi!
Just alittle more info on the parade...
I saw it last week and witnessed how the characters invited the children to interact with them.
They don't so much go out and hand pick the kids...rather they just wave them all to come down and play. They do not (from what I saw) take the kids by the hand and pull them onto the street. They just motion for all the kids in the audience to come over and "play". I liked that part because none of the kids were turned down if they were brave enough to venture onto Main Street.
I hope this helps!!!!
graemlins/mickey.gif