PDA

View Full Version : romantic spots in WDW

princessclaud
03-04-2002, 04:56 PM
What do you think are the most romantic spots in WDW?

MNNHFLTX
03-04-2002, 06:53 PM
What a thought-provoking question! Here are some that I came up with:

--Cinderella's Castle with the fireworks over it.
--Eating at a "riverside" table at the San Angel Inn in the Mexico pavilion at EPCOT.
--The Haunted Mansion ride when it breaks down.
--Riding Splash Mountain at night.
--Snuggling on a bench at the France pavilion at EPCOT and people watching at night.
--Strolling through the rose garden by the Canada pavilion at night.
--Okay, just about anyplace at WDW at night! graemlins/blush.gif
--Riding the Carousel in Fantasyland side-by-side.

smile.gif

AbbyabbyAbby
03-04-2002, 08:19 PM
I have to agree about the just about anyplace in WDW at night!!! ;)

EPCOTBoy
03-04-2002, 10:24 PM
-I have always enjoyed the top of the Contemporary for a viewing of the Fantasy In the Sky fireworks amd then a stroll throughout the hotel.

-Another good place is behind Downtown Disney's WestSide, along the water. Just sit on a bench and watch all of the other people (couples) and enjoy the listening to the music and looking out at the water.

-(The best one I have found though is a little off limits. When I was working at Dinosaur, my (then) girlfriend (who worked there as well) and I went up to the top of the ride after a night function. (AK is rarely open at night, so being there at that time of day alone was amazing!) The size of the building is very deceiving. It is actually about 5 stories high. It is very well hidden by the surrounding trees, but from the top at night, not only could you see the Tree of Life all lit up (which is gorgeous!), but you can also see Spaceship Earth, Tower of Terror, and the Swan & Dolphin. It was very romantic since most of the park had been completely empty at that point, there were no lights on around us, and there was nothing but silence. Man, do I wish that I could be back there right now!

ATL
03-04-2002, 10:53 PM
PIZZA PLANET!!!
12/31/01 graemlins/muscles.gif

mickeyd
03-04-2002, 11:49 PM
One of my favorites is the Rose garden at Epcot near the showcase plaza. Also the garden out the back of the UK pavillion.

Main Street Jim
03-04-2002, 11:55 PM
The rose garden in Magic Kingdom...next to the Swan Boat dock in front of Cindy's place, when Tinker Bell flies overhead to light "Fantasy in the Sky"...or, heck, even (if they were still there) the Swan Boats themselves...God I miss those things... :(

Lil'Lady
03-05-2002, 02:20 AM
In fort wilderness campgrounds, back by the lake/river/pond. Very quiet and out of the way. You can see different birds and not too many people walk by ;)

Dawn S
03-05-2002, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by MNNHFL:
--The Haunted Mansion ride when it breaks down. Never thought of that, but now that I'm pondering it...GREAT CHOICE! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I agree that everything involving the parks at night really just adds such beauty...such MAGIC to everything. Impossible not to be a sap when you're there.

I love World Showcase at night. graemlins/muscles.gif

Dawn

princessclaud
03-05-2002, 11:59 PM
I never would have thought of half of these places...thanks. I might have to visit a few! graemlins/blush.gif

princessclaud
03-06-2002, 12:01 AM
I never would have thought of half of these places...thanks. I might have to visit a few! graemlins/blush.gif

CJDDS
03-06-2002, 09:12 PM
Sitting on the deck at the Marina at Ft. Wilderness watching the Electric Water Pageant. ;)

RobFL
03-07-2002, 09:19 AM
The Haunted mansion? Okay, no going and setting off intrusion pads so you can snuggle with your beau..

And besides, what's romantic about sitting infront of a talking head in a globe with a 15ft drop beneath you and only -a net- to catch you if you fall tongue.gif And no, that is not how all mouseketeers spend their retirement years tongue.gif
-Rob

MNNHFLTX
03-07-2002, 06:27 PM
Hey Rob, there's nothing like a haunted house to make you want to snuggle up close to your sweetie! About the only place that I wouldn't want to stall at (for any extended period of time) it would be in front of the "bride"--that reverberating heartbeat would be a real romance killer (no pun intended). :eek:

G
03-07-2002, 10:06 PM
Spaceship Earth under the stars.