PDA

View Full Version : Parents 45th Anniversary/Grand Marshals of a Parade?

Rutgersfan
02-13-2002, 10:51 AM
My entire family is heading down to Disneyworld in November for a much needed dose of Disney.

This year my parents celebrate their 45th wedding anniverary and would we like to do something special for them as a family. My parents introduced us to Disneyworld and used to take us down ever year the day after christmas. It was through these family vacations that my entire family has become disneyworld addicts and we are now passing on that tradition to the next generation of kids in the family (my parents grandchildren)

Since my parents have always enjoyed the various disney parades I was wondering if there was any way that we as a family could get them to be grand marshals of a parade. We always hear other families being annouced as grand marshals of the various parade and I think this would be something my parents would cherish. Anyone here have any idea the best way to go about this? What number to call? Is it even possible?

While on the subject, does anyone have any other ideas how we can make this 45th anniversary special for my parents?

Any and all idea would be greatly appercaited. Thanks for everyone help in advance.

-Keith

Patricia
02-15-2002, 09:36 PM
45 years!! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Sorry, no phone numbers that I know of.
Grand Marshals are selected the morning of the parade at random.. they often pick families that stand out a bit. How many people will be in your party? :D

I have heard of families of up to ten people all wearing the same shirts and ears graemlins/mickey.gif being chosen.
The CM selecting the families usually grabs them early.. it used to be by 8:30, but now that they don't let people in early I'm not sure how they are doing it.

I would talk to a CM at City Hall as soon as the park opens (or even better the ones at the gates before opening as I think they announce the grand Marshal in the opening announcements) and tell them it's a 45th anniversary and what big fans you are. It can't hurt to promote your cause, maybe they can work in a day for them.

Good Luck!!

MKPlutoGuy
02-16-2002, 08:49 AM
Definately take Patricia's advice and ask early. The Grand Marshalls are chosen in the morning and it couldn't hurt if everyone in your party wore the same shirts or hats or something, to make you stand aside from the rest of the crowd. In Disneyland this summer, I was selected to be a part of their parade because I had gotten really mad at my brother for knocking over my ice cream and I was jumping up and down and really making a scene, and a cast member walked over to me and asked, "Would you like to be in the parade?" So the moral is advocate yourself and you can be the grand marshalls! Also, in case you aren't selected, the Share a Dream Come True Parade at the Magic Kingdom stops periodically to select guests to join in the fun. I'm not too sure if your parents would enjoy dancing around with the characters, however...Anyway, have a great time, it will be a lot fun! graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif