PDA

View Full Version : Christmas in WDW- What not to miss!

Fantasia
06-02-2001, 04:23 PM
Next trip, first week 12/02. I can only find a limited number of tidbits. Being the obsess planner that I am, I want more info. I'm going insane that I could miss something. I'm looking for suggestions of what to do & what NOT to miss at WDW during Christmas. What was your favorite memory/experience at the parks, special events, hotels, marketplace, food etc... ANYTHING!
Thanks bunches!

------------------
Have a Disney Day!

Imalismom
06-02-2001, 05:03 PM
Christmas - What not not to miss:

Epcot

Holiday's around the World (showcase)
Candlelight Processional

MGM

Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights

Magic Kingdom

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Downtown Disney

Home for the Holidays

Resorts

Gingerbread Houses
Tree at Wilderness Lodge and Grand Floridian

[ April 02, 2002, 06:50 AM: Message edited by: PolyGirl40 ]

ms784
06-03-2001, 01:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Imalismom:
Magic Kingdom

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party you shouldn't miss. You get access to most of the rides, so there is less wait time on the major ones (space mountain, thunder mountain, etc.) although some of them don't run.

------------------

Rachel
06-03-2001, 05:10 AM
I saw the Candlelight Processional at Epcot with Leeza Gibbons this past Christmas. It was beautifully done. We got a package deal with dinner, seats for the processional, and a 20% (?) discount at Epcot for the day. I don't know if they are having the package special again, but definitley attempt to see the show. It's worth it!

------------------

wdwnutze
06-03-2001, 09:04 AM
I would have to say our most enjoyable event was MVMCP. My kids were in awe. I would also resort hop to see the decorations. Christmas time is by far our most favorite time of year to visit just for the xmas spirit!

------------------

figgie
06-03-2001, 12:50 PM
I agree that you shouldn't miss MVMCP. It is just too much fun and you get a picture of your party as part of the ticket. They mail it to you and it's so much fun to get in the mail. We also love the CP. The music really puts you in the holiday mood as does the Osborne Lights. Last year we really enjoyed touring all the resorts to see the decoration and trees. Each place was different, some better than others, but each was unique and we all had our favorites and argued over which was best. You will have a great time there during the holidays. Just remember to take a wide selection of clothing. We had some really cold days and nights. But we had a few days we even went to the water parks. Have fun!

------------------
šoš figgie šoš

momto3
06-03-2001, 02:56 PM
We will also be going the first week of Dec. and while reading this, Home for the Holidays in Downtown Disney, was mentioned. I've never heard of this before. Can someone shed some light about it? We have plans to do the CP and were leaning torwards the 5pm show. Does it matter, or is one of the other times better?

------------------

radioandy
06-04-2001, 06:20 PM
My wife and I have been the past two years on the week before Christmas. Her students performed at Epcot's Candlelight Processional last year (Hey RACHEL, that was us, Hueytown High, with Leeza Gibbons!). This is a good show. The year before, we got the Japan dinner package with the show, and really enjoyed it.
If you have lots of kids or Disneyphiles on your shopping list...Downtown Disney has some cool stuff, but get a Disney Club card for 10% discounts (and still spend a fortune). Last year we FROZE in mid-December, with daytime highs around 50, in the 30s and 40s at night. So remember to check the forecasts before you go!

------------------
"Ya know, it sorta looks like a big golf ball."

Kevinsmom
06-05-2001, 07:24 PM
I definitely have to say the Osbourne Lights at MGM. That was simply beautiful!!! And, of course, the Very Merry Christmas parade at Magic Kingdom. We were there on Christmas Day a few years ago and I will never forget the look on my sons face when Santa came down Main Street....Truly magical!!

------------------
Jill

Mommy to the best boy in the world :)

WDW August 2001
Mexico May 2001
Bahamas May 2000
WDW October 1999, 1997
Disneyland March 1999
Aruba 1992
WDW off site 1990, 1988

Mr. Brass Bonanza
06-06-2001, 09:19 AM
If you're going to MVMCP, try to make it during the week and not the weekend. We made the mistake of going on a Friday night. All the locals go on Friday and Saturday nights and the place was absolutely packed...more crowded than it was during the day. We went on one attraction and left. So try to go Monday - Thursday if you can.

Mark

------------------
Intercot Moderator

Want to go to Walt Disney World whenever you want? It all starts HERE!!! (http://www.homebusiness.to/mlopa)

Excel Communications - an Intercot site sponsor
-----

1978 - off site
1984 - off site
1995 - Vacation Club Resort (now Old Key West)
1997 - Caribbean Beach
1998 - Caribbean Beach
2000 - Polynesian (honeymoon)
2000 - All Star Music
2000 - Wilderness Lodge
2001 - Grand Floridian (anniversary)
2002 - Port Orleans, French Quarter
-----

Check out these Intercot sister sites!

WebDisney (http://www.webdisney.com) The Definitive Guide To Disney On The Internet
Intercot West (http://www.intercotwest.com) Disneyland Inside & Out