PDA

View Full Version : Gilmore Girls

2NfinitE&B-ond
02-09-2005, 10:55 PM
Any other Gilmore Girls fans out there?

I LOVE this show. I watch it whenever I can. I am almost as obsessed with this show as I am with Disney. DH and my kids indulge me. When it is on, no one talks to me...etc.

I think the show is funny, the two main characters, Lorelai and Rory are sarcastic, and pop cultury (I know, not a word). It really is a great show.

Am I the only one?

mickeymousemom
02-09-2005, 11:30 PM
I swear I almost started this thread yesterday!!! I can't believe it! My DD11 and I are Gilmore Girls fanatics. She started watching the reruns a couple months ago, then got me into it. I got her the complete first season for her birthday and we watch it over and over. We now also watch it every Tuesday on the WB. This has to be one of my all time favorite TV shows. We are missing some info from the middle seasons but hope to buy the complete second season soon, and we'll keep watching those reruns.....I love this show...did I mention that???

MNNHFLTX
02-10-2005, 11:07 AM
I've been watching this show from the first season, but I've missed most of the last two shows because American Idol is on at the same time (I flip over at commercial). I figured I can always watch those episodes during the summer reruns.

I thought it would get a bit boring when Lorelei and Luke finally started dating, but it's still been pretty fun to watch.

mickeymousemom
02-10-2005, 11:11 AM
I really like the two of them together but now it looks as though there is some competition for Luke as Christopher is back in the picture. It looks almost as though Lorelei isn't at all interested but next weeks previews sorta show otherwise??? I'm a little :confused: but it looks interesting. We also love American Idol, but we just flip it over there on commercials...I just can't miss the Gilmore Girls.

[ February 10, 2005, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: mickeymousemom ]

Munch
02-10-2005, 02:20 PM
Another fan here. I like that the parents are back together. I didn't like the clip of next week's show - I hope, I really really hope its not the end of Luke and Lorelei. Sometimes those teasers can be misleading. Christopher isn't a bad guy, but its like his life is messed up right now so he's going after Lorelei - just when things are looking good for her.

mickeymousemom
02-12-2005, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Munch:
Another fan here. I like that the parents are back together. I didn't like the clip of next week's show - I hope, I really really hope its not the end of Luke and Lorelei. Sometimes those teasers can be misleading. Christopher isn't a bad guy, but its like his life is messed up right now so he's going after Lorelei - just when things are looking good for her. I hate that when the previews are misleading....if you have watched the last few shows, they actually showed the previews for the most recent show 2 weeks ago, but DD and I couldn't figure out why we never saw Chris and Luke arguing...then they showed the same previews that night! I felt like the previews for next week almost made it look as though Lorelei was upset because she thought she had lost Christopher....but again I think they are being misleading...I want to see her with Luke! I just love this show because its so simple and clean. I LOVE their town...I could be happy living there for the rest of my life...its just too cute!

MNNHFLTX
02-12-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by mickeymousemom:
I just love this show because its so simple and clean. I LOVE their town...I could be happy living there for the rest of my life...its just too cute! Me too, except I don't know if I'd be able to deal with Taylor--what a pain!

2NfinitE&B-ond
02-12-2005, 09:35 PM
From what I can tell, according to other sites I have read, the writers are going to keep Christopher around...at least into next season. They said that whenever things get to comfy for Lorelai, they can just count on Christopher to mess it up.

I was so glad the Luke and Lorelai finally got together...from the first season they have each had their little visions of being together...and Luke even got jealous when Lor was with Max...even Emily made SEVERAL comments inf the first few seasons about how they were meant for each other.

The thing I can't wait for is how Lorelai will be with Emily...I loved the last line, "You and me, we're done"

The only thing that slightly bothers me is the way Rory has changed. I know everyone changes, but it seems she went from innocent little girl to not so innocent overnight...her story line has been kind of piecy.

Can't wait for tuesday night!!!

EtteDMS
02-12-2005, 11:28 PM
This is one of my favorite shows of all time. A year or so ago TV Guide called it the best show no one's watching. It's so well written and witty, and the characters are not one-dimensional cardboard cutouts like in so many sitcomx. They're fun and quirky, but have substance at the same time. I love all the literary and pop culture references. Last week's show was dynamite (USA Today did a special writeup about it, saying that Kelly Bishop (Emily) better get an Emmy). I love Emily. Does anyone have a favorite in addition to that one? Mine is Last Supper one where Kirk was Christ for the Living Arts festival (where Loralai's cell phone goes off while she does her painting). I could watch that one over and over.

GusNJacque
02-13-2005, 11:01 AM
I too am a Gilmore girl. :D

I didn't starting watching it until a couple of years into it, so I am playing catch up watch the older ones on tv and on dvd. I just bought season 2. How long has it been on? I'm not even sure.

It really has been good lately. I too think Christopher will stick around to mess things up. Rory so hates her Dad with her Mom--so it is a good thing for tension.

I just loved that line from this past weeks show that Christopher said to Rory "Who wouldn't want to kiss a Gilmore girl!" :grinlove:

mickeymousemom
02-15-2005, 10:03 PM
Anybody watch tonight?? Things don't look good at all for Luke and Lorelei..
...and what do you think of Rory's love interest?? I just can't bring myself to like him....seems suspicious somehow...hhhmmmmmm....

Anyone agree or is it me?

2NfinitE&B-ond
02-15-2005, 11:46 PM
I watched tonite. DH had to laugh at me, I guess I was frowing...he asked me what was wrong and I said I felt like my two best friends had just broken up!

I am not sure what the deal with Logan is...tonite made it seem like he is just as interested as Rory, but there is something about him...Maybe its the whole thing...you know Lorelai ran away from the "rich person" lifestyle...and Rory seems to be drawn to it...not sure.

The only thing I was bummed about was that there was no interaction between Lor and Emily...I can't wait to see those fireworks!!

I really want Luke and Lorelai to be together...hope this break up isn't too long!!!

Katzateer
02-16-2005, 09:25 AM
My oldest daughter and I watched the first two seasons of Gilmore Girls together-it was our one activity I could count on each week that we did-just the two of us.

This season we are not home on Tuesday nights and haven't seen many of the shows. Hope to see them in reruns.

I want Luke and Lorelei to stay together-they are too cute interacting. Christopher is just trouble-he always messes up her life. I agree that Rory's character is not as good since she "grew up". Didn't seem to fit her character and she isn't as strong in the plots-seems a little lost or wimpy.

MNNHFLTX
02-16-2005, 10:41 AM
Last night I actually skipped "American Idol" so that I could watch "Gilmore Girls". What a frustrating ending!!! I don't think Lorelei and Luke are done yet, but at the end of this show I was waiting for them to say something meaningful to each other and then they just walked away. :rolleyes:

[ February 16, 2005, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: MNNHFL ]

Munch
02-16-2005, 11:06 AM
The way it was left, Luke looked a bit like he was having second thoughts about breaking up. Like maybe he might have been regretting what he'd said. So I still have some hope. I agree that Christopher is usually bad news for Lorelei. He's got charm and isn't really a bad guy; but he only comes around when his own life is in a mess, like he's using Lorelei.

I don't know what to think of Logan. He seems a bit smarmy or something, but he also seems to have a conscience. Remember he told Rory he hadn't asked her out because she was important. If he was a real cad, he wouldn't have cared. I'm not so crazy about the changes in Rory, but she's not a kid anymore so some changes are to be expected.

[ February 16, 2005, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: Munch ]

offwego
02-17-2005, 12:07 PM
I thought the limo bit was over the top but cute. Why Lane had to go into the store for her was odd but maybe I missed something in all the flipping I was doing.

I really think Luke was going to say something and just didn't get the chance.

Be interesting to see where this goes from here.

GusNJacque
02-20-2005, 09:16 PM
Lane went into the store because Rory didn't want to run into Taylor. But after she found out about the ribbons, Rory decided to go into the store.

I think more will be said this coming week with Luke talking to Lorelei. Can't wait for the new episode.

DISNEYCRAZEDX6
02-22-2005, 09:54 PM
This is my favorite show on t.v.,with Lost coming in second. My girls and I watch the reruns each day and the newer ones on Tuesday. We never miss singing the song as loud as we can!!! I cried when L+L broke up,it was tragic!!! I do think they will get back together and maybe even get married by the season finale....we shall see....I like Rory and Logan,but miss Jess!!!! graemlins/clappy.gif

LittleSpirit02
03-08-2005, 06:40 PM
I'm looking forward to tonight's episode. Last week's was great. Rory bursting at Emily, Emily going into the diner to talk to Luke and Luke then going to Lorelai's house. What will tonight bring???? lol.

Does anyone else think this season has just been consistently right on and hilarious?

Edited to add...

Is anyone else seeing a mirror between Luke/Lorelai and Marty/Rory?

[ March 08, 2005, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: LittleSpirit02 ]

mickeymousemom
03-09-2005, 09:52 PM
Yes, I think this season has been so entertaining.....Emily cracks me up....she just doesn't GET IT graemlins/crazy.gif :rolleyes: .

I still think something is weird with Logan....he didn't go home for spring break(I think it was Spring Break), he has a master key to the cafeteria, yada yada yada.....Something is just TOO mysterious here and I can't wait to find out his background.

I know it can't happen, but I would like to see Rory and Dean get another shot at things in the future.....don't know how they could do it though.....

Gosh, I love this show! :D

Munch
03-11-2005, 03:39 PM
I was so thrilled to have Luke and Lorelie getting back together. I'm really glad the writers didn't make us wait too long for their reunion. Her mom is a piece of work - as if they're being back together could make up for her manipulations! I though it was pretty cool this week how Rory gave Logan a taste of his own medicine - he really didn't like that!

DisneyGiant
09-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Are Luke and Lorelai still together?

I just started watching this show on ABC Family - and I am at the part where Rory cheated with Dean (so out of character - I would have been annoyed had I been watching it live at the time........) and when Luke and Lorelai got together.

Those two need to get married already and produce a baby Luke.......

And - does anyone know why a teenaged Lorelai would name her baby after herself? Seems weird to me.

Thanks!!!

PS - don't worry about spoiling anything for me - I am one of those that reads ahead in books, and reads any spoiler I can get my hands on.

wonders10
09-11-2006, 12:32 AM
Are Luke and Lorelai still together?

I just started watching this show on ABC Family - and I am at the part where Rory cheated with Dean (so out of character - I would have been annoyed had I been watching it live at the time........) and when Luke and Lorelai got together.

Those two need to get married already and produce a baby Luke.......

And - does anyone know why a teenaged Lorelai would name her baby after herself? Seems weird to me.

Thanks!!!

PS - don't worry about spoiling anything for me - I am one of those that reads ahead in books, and reads any spoiler I can get my hands on.

Well in this past season, Lorelai and Luke were together but they sort of had a few rough patches, and their wedding was postponed. The season finale had Lorelai in bed with Rory's father, Christopher and previews I've seen on TV lead me to think Luke and Lorelai will be breaking up...again.

As for Lorelai naming Rory after her, I could swear there was an episode early on in the series where she explained that - maybe something about getting back at her family or the drugs she was on from the labor, or something. I'm sure some other die-hards will be able to answer that one.

I just got into Gilmore Girls in the past year via ABCFamily and I've seen pretty much every episode from the pilot until the last season and I am hooked now!

*Shannon

prttynpnk
09-11-2006, 05:00 PM
It's so great! I hope this season doesn't go downhill- with the producers leaving. I want a final season with a bang!

2Epcot
09-11-2006, 05:56 PM
I've also liked this show. I watched it when it started, and probably would have stopped watching (only because of watching other shows) except for I have a friend who loves the show, but was always working. I started recording entire season for her, and sending the DVD, that's usually when I watch it now, just before I sent them off. I do enjoy the writing, though sometimes the conversations are a little over the top.

Dopey's Girl
09-13-2006, 01:34 PM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one watching this show!!! I think it is one of the best shows on TV now, and can't wait for the new season to start!!!

January-2007
09-14-2006, 04:53 PM
I watched the show a little when it first came out, then when I was at the car dealership several weeks ago having my car worked on they had ABC Family on and I saw part of a show. Then on Tuesday they played two episodes. I caught the last half of the first show and the entire second episode. I've seen some here and there, but we don't really watch all that much tv these days, so I probably won't watch it as appointment tv, but who knows. My fiance just HAS TO watch "The Office" and "My Name Is Earl" and all I watch is "Days of Our Lives." This is a cute show though, it's neat to see how long it's been running, I was so much younger when it first came out, it's strange!

I must say that from what I've seen, I do not like Emily's mother. What is that about? I've only seen that one and a half episode of late, but still...

DisneyGiant
05-18-2007, 04:32 PM
Resurrecting this thread to see if anyone saw the season finale.

I haven't watched the show this year because Lorelai actually married Christopher - which was so stupid!

But I had heard that her and Luke would rediscover each other, so I tuned in.

You can tell the original creators left - but I thought it was a decent show considering.....

prttynpnk
05-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Ok, I have to say, I loved the finale. It made me believe that that little town and those people just carried on as if it were still going. I loved Lorelei getting back to Luke and Rory going off to work and no bizarre series ending changes that didn't fit the characters.
I'll miss Lane and Zach!

Lacy
05-18-2007, 09:09 PM
I agree the finale was good and very fitting. I'm not unhappy at all with how it ended which isn't usually the case. It was sad how things went down with the original creators and early on this season was not great. But the last few episodes, the show really got its stride back and definitely ended well. I will miss the GG and Stars Hollow. At least I have my DVD sets.

Bethis26fan
05-18-2007, 11:43 PM
I will also miss it. It was my fave I watched it from day one. I am also glad it ended on a high note.

AvonleaCF
05-21-2007, 12:21 PM
I was quite pleased with how they ended the series. If they went on another season it wouldn't carry out well, what with Rory off in the world and all.

I'm so happy Loreli & Luke got back together and I'm equally pleased that Rory & Logan broke up (never liked him). Lane & Zach will live happily ever after and Loreli & her parents will continue the Friday night dinners. And of course the citizens of Stars Hollow will remain their colorful selves (I've grown so attached to Kirk, Taylor, Miss Patti, and Babette).

I have the first 6 seasons on DVD and will certainly buy the 7th when it comes out.

2Epcot
05-21-2007, 02:30 PM
I hated this final season of the show, and stop watching about halfway through it. I did see the final episode since I am sending the DVD to a friend. An OK ending I thought, the characters seemed to be back to themselves, unlike they have been for a while. The series should have ended last year. As Randy Jackson would say ... just OK for me, just OK.

BrerSchultzy
05-21-2007, 02:44 PM
My DW and I were absolutely addicted to the first six seasons...but we only watched one episode this season...we were pointing out all the plotholes, and resurrected plot lines to each other. We thought they just got bored, but then we found out about what happened with the original writers. It was obvious that, to save the final season, they just went back through the old scripts, and plagiarized what they could.

Vinny
05-23-2007, 10:48 AM
The series finale was ok but almost seemed rushed to finish all of the story lines. They should have given it a 2 hour series finale episode as they have done with other WB and CW shows.

MNNHFLTX
05-23-2007, 11:55 AM
The series finale was ok but almost seemed rushed to finish all of the story lines. They should have given it a 2 hour series finale episode as they have done with other WB and CW shows.I agree. The gang deserved more of a send-off than they got.

AvonleaCF
05-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Lauren Graham was on "Ellen" and said she didn't know it was the series finale until after it was filmed, which is why there wasn't much build-up for it.

Bethis26fan
05-23-2007, 09:17 PM
Lauren Graham was on "Ellen" and said she didn't know it was the series finale until after it was filmed, which is why there wasn't much build-up for it.

That would bite to be an actor and put your heart into something then have that happen, to not even know that was it.

Kate In Wonderland
05-23-2007, 09:44 PM
I agree. The network should have at least warned the actors that this would be the last show... And I think it deserved 2 hours not just 1!

bamagoofy
05-24-2007, 01:09 PM
Gilmore girls was not renewed because Lauren and Alexis B. did not want to do another season. I believe they wanted to do a shorter season then cw wanted also I believe Alexis really just was not interested. However there is hope for a 2 hour movie according to tv guide. The best thing is that the original writers would do the movie:cloud9: Let's just hope all the actors will be on board.

BrerSchultzy
05-24-2007, 03:11 PM
Gilmore girls was not renewed because Lauren and Alexis B. did not want to do another season. I believe they wanted to do a shorter season then cw wanted also I believe Alexis really just was not interested. However there is hope for a 2 hour movie according to tv guide. The best thing is that the original writers would do the movie:cloud9: Let's just hope all the actors will be on board.

First of all, WELCOME bamagoofy!

Anyway, my guess is that the reason Lauren and Alexis didn't want to do another season, is that they were still a little miffed about what happened with the original writers (at least, according to my DW who read it in one of those Entertainment rags). Makes sense...since the writing this season was pretty horrible.

DisneyGiant
05-24-2007, 04:48 PM

I would love to see a two hour movie with the original cast and original writers\producers!!!!