PDA

View Full Version : AK After Hours Paid Event

JanetMegan
09-02-2019, 10:26 AM
Has anyone done this? We have a short trip planned in January and I'm guessing that FP will be difficult to obtain for FoP (hubby's favorite ride.) I know it's expensive but just wondering if there were any recent reviews? The few available online were from the first night they did it and it was very empty of course.

I'm ok with the cost if it's feasible to still ride FoP 4-5 times along with the other rides meaning we don't have to spend the rest of our trip worrying about getting to do this.

CaptSmee
09-02-2019, 02:28 PM
I’ve read and watched reviews and they say after the 1st hour you can literally ride rides over and over with minimal waits. I’m thinking of doing it in DEC

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-02-2019, 06:07 PM
We went to the one in MK last week, and it was amazing. We did every ride in the park at least once. Everything I've heard about the AK one is that it is just as good ... I'd do it without any hesitation.

DebK
09-03-2019, 06:54 AM
Yes! I attended DAH at AK in December 2018 and would do it again in a heartbeat!

ThanxForNoticin
09-03-2019, 08:08 AM
We did the AK event in July, and it really was empty that evening. The queue at FOP was empty. We didn't hit a line until the very last part of the queue - we waited perhaps 2 shows before heading into the theater. So from walking into the queue and walking out of the attraction was probably 25 minutes. And it was even easier with the other attractions - we walked right on the River Ride, right on Expedition Everest (several times!), and could have walked right on a number of other attractions.

But keep in mind, if you're planning on FOP 4-5 times, you'll probably be missing out on other things due to time -even walking right through the queue, it's going to take some time to ride, get off, walk around to the beginning, and riding again - so prioritize what is important during those 3 hours. And don't forget to grab some of the snacks during the evening, too! All things considered, we thought it was worth the cost of an evening at the park, and we we'll do it again at some point in the future. But don't give up on the idea of trying to secure a FP for FOP - you might be able to grab one for later in the day, and possibly coordinate that with your separate entry.

Have a fun trip!

TheVBs
09-03-2019, 09:50 AM
Loving these reports on the after hours parties! Thank you!

Katzateer
09-06-2019, 03:35 PM
It was fun to do once but you don’t get as much for your money as you do at MK. It is nice not to have lines, but there are only a handful of rides to go on. It feels strange to be at AK and have it not be about the Animals. At MK most of the park is open and you can do so much more!