PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Hotel

Cinderelley
08-16-2019, 04:41 PM
Any word on when the Star Wars Hotel will be open at Disney World? Do you think they will take the time to do it well after flopping with Galaxy's Edge? For that matter, will the hotel be empty since it's so tied to Galaxy's Edge?

texas211
08-16-2019, 05:42 PM
Any word on when the Star Wars Hotel will be open at Disney World? Do you think they will take the time to do it well after flopping with Galaxy's Edge? For that matter, will the hotel be empty since it's so tied to Galaxy's Edge?

If you build it, in Florida, they will come. Destination vs local hangout. They'll go to Florida to do it.

DizneyFreak2002
08-21-2019, 12:53 PM
Nah won't be empty... But be prepared to shell out about $3000 for a 2 night/3 day experience...

Cinderelley
08-21-2019, 10:50 PM
Nah won't be empty... But be prepared to shell out about $3000 for a 2 night/3 day experience...

While this surprises me, it is because I expected it to cost much more.

baldburke
08-22-2019, 12:31 PM

Per person or for a couple? Any guesses on how much for like a family of four?

DizneyFreak2002
08-22-2019, 03:07 PM

My understanding, per person... This is on the low end as well... There are two types of rooms in this hotel... This is for the smaller room... And it supposedly includes food and beverage...

Think of this hotel like a cruise ship... So they will charge it this way... And there will be no stays greater than 2 nights/3 days... Since, story will be, you are booking a stay on, basically, a space cruise...

There will be no windows in this hotel... Your "windows" will be a screen that plays scenes from outer space... Much like the space restaurant in Epcot...

I am sure we will get more legit specifications this weekend...

texas211
08-22-2019, 05:58 PM

The soul of your youngest.

DizneyFreak2002
08-22-2019, 06:38 PM
Disney already gets the soul of your youngest for tickets...

Cinderelley
08-23-2019, 01:58 AM
Disney already gets the soul of your youngest for tickets...

I guess you will have to pick the kid that you like the least.

texas211
08-23-2019, 08:19 AM
I guess you will have to pick the kid that you like the least.

Then I guess having a large family works out. Wont miss a couple.

PopPhan
08-23-2019, 09:30 AM
We have a name: Galactic Starcruiser The "ship" is called the Halcyon.

Cinderelley
08-23-2019, 04:55 PM
Then I guess having a large family works out. Wont miss a couple.

I only have three. Guess I better start cranking out some more . . .

Cinderelley
08-23-2019, 04:59 PM
We have a name: Galactic Starcruiser The "ship" is called the Halcyon.

At least the name is related to Star Wars. Is the hotel really going to be built to look like the ship? That would be interesting along the skyline.

DizneyFreak2002
08-23-2019, 05:44 PM
At least the name is related to Star Wars. Is the hotel really going to be built to look like the ship? That would be interesting along the skyline.

Yep, will look just like the model they are showing off at D23 this weekend... The hotel is one maybe two stories, behind a tree line, won't be seen from the road so no skyline...

This will be an experience that does NOT allow you to visit the other WDW parks...During your 3 day space cruise, you will only leave the ship once, when your cruise ship docks at Batuu... You'll enter a transport from the ship to Batuu, not once seeing the outside world... Everything will be extremely immersive... The transport will be a bus, BUT the bus will be wrapped in screens... You will look out the window to see, SPACE, not the outside WDW world... Very interesting concept... Very ambitious... I hope they can pull this experience off...

$3300 a person, better start saving now!!!

Cinderelley
08-23-2019, 06:22 PM
Yep, will look just like the model they are showing off at D23 this weekend... The hotel is one maybe two stories, behind a tree line, won't be seen from the road so no skyline...

This will be an experience that does NOT allow you to visit the other WDW parks...During your 3 day space cruise, you will only leave the ship once, when your cruise ship docks at Batuu... You'll enter a transport from the ship to Batuu, not once seeing the outside world... Everything will be extremely immersive... The transport will be a bus, BUT the bus will be wrapped in screens... You will look out the window to see, SPACE, not the outside WDW world... Very interesting concept... Very ambitious... I hope they can pull this experience off...

$3300 a person, better start saving now!!!

Still no word on when it will open? It seemed a lot more impressive before you said it was only one or two stories tall. I want it to be great, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

DizneyFreak2002
08-23-2019, 07:33 PM
Still no word on when it will open? It seemed a lot more impressive before you said it was only one or two stories tall. I want it to be great, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
No word on opening... They didn't release pricing either, the $3300 is rumored... And yea this won't be a tower hotel like they currently build... This will be flat... There is a possibility it may be 3 stories??? I don't know for sure... But the hotel shouldn't be visible from the road, at least not completely visible... I have a feeling we'll probably see something from above the tree line... But we shouldn't see a lot...

Of course, if it isn't feasible, then Disney will just make it all visible... Personally, I see no reason it cannot be visible from the roads... Just make the area looking like a spaceport docking bay and we good... Once you are inside, you won't see outside for 3 days anyway... Who cares if we can see the ship from the road... We see cruise ships at port all the time...

Cinderelley
08-23-2019, 10:22 PM
Of course, if it isn't feasible, then Disney will just make it all visible... Personally, I see no reason it cannot be visible from the roads... Just make the area looking like a spaceport docking bay and we good... Once you are inside, you won't see outside for 3 days anyway... Who cares if we can see the ship from the road... We see cruise ships at port all the time...

I am not sure where they are putting the hotel, but I think it would have looked awesome if you could see it behind Galaxy's Edge. Running around with your lightsaber under the shadows of a Galactic Starcruiser.