PDA

View Full Version : Dining plan/Renting points?

nat
07-17-2019, 10:52 AM
Hi,
We are renting points from a DVC member, our we able to purchase a dining plan?
I researched on the Disney World website, but I am confused. :confused:
I did ask the member but she had never done the DP before?
Thank you!

NewDVCowner
07-17-2019, 11:10 AM
If you're staying on DVC points then you CAN get the dining plan. I've used my points and get the dining plan so I don't 100% know how it works with renting BUT my understanding is that the person you're renting it from needs to be the one to add it onto the reservation. What my family (sibling trips so we all pay our way individually) is that everyone gets a Disney Gift Card in the amount it will cost for the dining plan, gives it to me and I call in and give them the gift card numbers to pay it. (You have to pay for it in full when you add it.) I would think it would be something similar with going through the owner you're renting it from. If you're going through a broker then they may have different rules.

nat
07-17-2019, 11:20 AM
Thank you!!!

Fangorn
07-17-2019, 04:12 PM
Just verifying Aryn's thoughts.

As a renter, you CAN get the dining plan. But only the owner can add it to the reservation. Owner must call Member Services to do so, and full payment for the dining plan must be made at the time its added. How you want to handle that financial transaction is between you and the owner. The gift card gambit is an excellent choice.

Steve