PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Closures & Refurbishments Officially Announced for Epcot Phase II Updates

Figment!
07-03-2019, 09:21 PM
Walt Disney World has officially announced several closures and refurbishments as part of the Phase II Reimagining of the park:

As part of the exciting transformation of Epcot:

The Fountain of Naitons will close on Sept. 8, 2019. We look forward to honoring our past and celebrating the future with our Epcot family soon.

Club Cool will be closed on September 8. But not to worry, elements will be incorporated into the new offerings as part of Epcot's evolution!

Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot will temporarily close—beginning on September 8, 2019. Enjoy meeting some of your favorite Disney Characters at other locations throughout Epcot!

Mouse Gear will move to a temporary home this winter while its current location is reimagined.

Art of Disney will operate temporarily from a new location while refurbishment is underway. Heritage Manor will later become the new home for Art of Disney offerings.

Pin Central will operate temporarily from a new location while refurbishment is underway. The Camera Center will close this fall to become a new home for Pin Central.

The Camera Center is scheduled to close this fall to become a new home for Pin Central. The Camera Center will return early next year; however, there's no need to worry about assistance with your PhotoPass questions! Our Cast Members are always eager to assist to help find solutions for all sorts of needs!

Fountain View featuring Starbucks will relocate to a temporary location in late Fall.

Innoventions East, Colortopia and Nanooze Break are scheduled to close on September 8, 2019.

Electric Umbrella is scheduled to close this winter. New dining options will be available in the future, featuring a variety of food and beverage selections.

Additional details about the transformation of the core of Future World will be announced at the 2019 D23 Expo.

Although not included in the announcement, The Electric Umbrella public operational calendar shows operation ending on Saturday November 23, 2019.

Rumours of Phase II have previously been reported in Rumours for Phase II of Epcot Reimagining (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?218247-Rumours-for-Phase-II-of-Epcot-Reimagining-Update-4-9-19)

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-03-2019, 09:30 PM
Wow! But, Epcot needs the love, so I have to be hopeful of what will come!

disney obsessed
07-04-2019, 09:49 AM
Please Disney!......Please keep the area of sidewalk that twinkles at night!!!

texas211
07-04-2019, 12:05 PM
Hmm, Epcot all under construction, MGM a zoo. Yeap, other destinations. Seaworld, Universals, Hawaii..

DizneyFreak2002
07-06-2019, 05:41 PM
And so it begins...

Dulcee
07-07-2019, 07:20 PM
Glad to see them finally pushing ahead. Future world needs major overhaul, pretty much everywhere. Its been long overdue.

azcavalier
07-08-2019, 09:49 AM
Please Disney!......Please keep the area of sidewalk that twinkles at night!!!

I know! Love that little area.

Also, I will miss the Fountain of Nations. I would love to see a fountain like this, somewhere, still at Epcot.

angela2679
07-18-2019, 01:10 PM
Am I the only one that will miss Club Cool? :ack:

PopPhan
07-18-2019, 01:38 PM

Nope! You are not the only one.

Cinderelley
07-18-2019, 07:10 PM

I loved Club Cool.

Jeany031
08-20-2019, 09:35 PM
I love MouseGear it's my favorite shop at Epcot!

texas211
08-21-2019, 07:43 AM
I love MouseGear it's my favorite shop at Epcot!

Probably my favorite store after Main Street at MK, and tied with World of Disney.

Jack Skellington
08-29-2019, 11:25 AM
I loved Club Cool.

I still do too! If I read that right, it is closing September 8, but will be incorporated somewhere else? My question is "when"?

JS:mickey:

PopPhan
08-29-2019, 11:49 AM
I still do too! If I read that right, it is closing September 8, but will be incorporated somewhere else? My question is "when"?

JS:mickey:

The drink fountains maybe, but it will not be "Club Cool" anymore.

Giggy
09-20-2019, 01:55 PM
On one of our first trips (maybe 2001?) I remember my brother passing me a small cup of Beverly and telling me to try it. On our visit next year my wife is coming to WDW for the first time, I'd been hoping to get her to try the Beverly so hoping Club Cool reappears somewhere in Epcot!