PDA

View Full Version : Flight of passage ride?

minnie-mouse
06-20-2019, 05:00 PM
Does this ride go up in the air? Would you recommend it to someone who does not like heights? What about someone who is prone to motion sickness? 😬

DizneyFreak2002
06-20-2019, 05:06 PM
The ride vehicle does not go up in the air... It is stationary... Unlike Soarin... However, the sensation of flight, diving down into valleys, caves, may not be good for someone with motion sickness... And in the video, you get a sensation of being high up....

Do you ride Soarin??

minnie-mouse
06-20-2019, 05:09 PM
No I don’t like Soarin die to the heights. My daughter gets motion sickness but does ok on Soarin

kathkwilts
06-20-2019, 05:49 PM
Does this ride go up in the air? Would you recommend it to someone who does not like heights? What about someone who is prone to motion sickness? 😬

The ride does not actually move but it is a super realistic recreation of riding on the back of a huge bird creature that soars and dives (sometimes straight down). The operative word here is "Flights". If you get motion sickness and are afraid of heights, I would not recommend this ride.

Figment!
06-20-2019, 06:22 PM
I get extremely motion sick, but do fine on Flight of Passage if I take a full dose Bonine.

Star Tours is about the only attraction that still gets to me even if I am on Bonine.

Fear of heights is another issue and would likely not be a great ride. The queue itself is pretty neat, I suspect as with most Disney rides you could go through the queue to a point and then out an early exit.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-20-2019, 06:41 PM
The queue itself is pretty neat, I suspect as with most Disney rides you could go through the queue to a point and then out an early exit.

Yes, I wimped out at actually riding it. In my case, I went through the pre-shows, and then just told the CM that I didn't want to ride, and they walked me through the room to a bench where I waited. Super easy!

Cinderelley
06-21-2019, 05:51 AM
I am afraid of heights. I won't go near second story rails, go up glass elevators, keep the window closed on airplanes, etc. I feel very secure on FoP. I don't like going on Soarin'. I do it, because my kids like it though. I liked FoP. I feel very secure in the ride vehicle. It is easy to look around and see the floor, people, etc right beside you.
DDIL#2 has pretty bad motion sickness - has trouble in long car rides, can't go on a lot of fair rides, etc. She rode FoP without any problems. I don't think she even took Dramamine, but I can't swear to that point.

faline
06-21-2019, 10:54 AM
Simulator rides are typically hard for my husband but, overall, he has done fine on Flight of Passage though he did say one ride made him feel a little "funny".

During the ride, you are made to feel that you are flying on the back of a creature which swoops, rises and dives. This might be a problem for folks who don't like heights.

Scott C
07-11-2019, 12:24 PM
I rode it on my last trip, I do not do well on simulator rides. I took a dose of Dramamine prior to the ride. One thing that I did and nobody has mentioned yet was to close my eyes during the intense drops. The actual motion is very minor. I came through fine, but not sure that I would ride it again.

Thanks
Scott C

RhodeHog
08-09-2019, 01:30 PM
I'm ok on Soarin' and can even sit on the aisle of an airplane without Bonine/Dram but get motion sick on Star Tours and was defeated by Body Wars. My wife said FOP would be fine because of the limited motion and high quality graphics. Negative ghost rider. Within a minute or so I was sweating, closing my eyes, cursing my lovely beloved wife, and praying I could stay together until the flight passed. :sick: I will go sailing no more.

texas211
08-09-2019, 07:04 PM
I'm ok on Soarin' and can even sit on the aisle of an airplane without Bonine/Dram but get motion sick on Star Tours and was defeated by Body Wars. My wife said FOP would be fine because of the limited motion and high quality graphics. Negative ghost rider. Within a minute or so I was sweating, closing my eyes, cursing my lovely beloved wife, and praying I could stay together until the flight passed. :sick: I will go sailing no more.

What about the disney buses back in the day? :)

1DisneyNut
08-11-2019, 03:17 PM
I have ridden it twice now and won't ever ride it again. Simulators make me feel weird and a little sick feeling. I tend to get a migraine an hour or two after riding them so I am out. They simply do not trick my brain. The video is playing, the ride vehicle is moving but my brain is saying what in the world are you doing...this thing isn't really moving and I start feeling weird. I wish they would stop with all this simulator/virtual reality stuff because it is definitely not close to reality.

merciantinkerbell
08-14-2019, 08:27 AM
I have ridden it twice now and won't ever ride it again. Simulators make me feel weird and a little sick feeling. I tend to get a migraine an hour or two after riding them so I am out. They simply do not trick my brain. The video is playing, the ride vehicle is moving but my brain is saying what in the world are you doing...this thing isn't really moving and I start feeling weird. I wish they would stop with all this simulator/virtual reality stuff because it is definitely not close to reality.
Glad its not just me! I don't see 3D movies well, usually blurry esp when it's fast motion and don't close my eyes in time ( think Be Our Guest in Mickey's Philamagic ) and I feel really sick and headachy afterwards. I wish they'd stop with it too as it limits what I can ride.

Kerry823
09-12-2019, 09:34 PM
I am extremely scared of heights. Oddly, I love Soarin and Flights of Passage. If I get nervous I close my eyes. I have never nor will I ever do Tower of Terror. The whole dropping thing would give me a heart attack.

angela2679
09-16-2019, 10:54 AM
I'm terrified of heights, and was able to ride this better than Soarin. As long as my feet are planted on the ground and I know I'm not really moving, I'm good.