PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic

Cinderelley
06-03-2019, 11:04 AM
I haven't been to this show in years. The dragon never worked, and I didn't like sitting on uncomfortable seats for an hour before the show even started.
Assuming they haven't axed it like they have with Wishes and Illuminations by the time the trip rolls around, what is the best way to get great views for first timers? Does the dessert party have better seats than the dinner package? What about the fast pass seating?
The last time we went with the dinner package, our seats weren't that great.

Altair
06-03-2019, 01:03 PM
They have moved the dinner package seats to a better location. We usually use a FastPass on it and will sit second row middle.
This show may be a bit uneven, but the last ten minutes is as Disney as it gets.

Cinderelley
06-04-2019, 08:01 AM
They have moved the dinner package seats to a better location. We usually use a FastPass on it and will sit second row middle.
This show may be a bit uneven, but the last ten minutes is as Disney as it gets.

Thank you for that information.

phillydan
06-05-2019, 11:34 AM
They have moved the dinner package seats to a better location.

Glad to hear this; did the dinner package many years ago and seats were terrible; was very disappointed. The only upside was we didn't have to wait in line and then fight for a spot.

Katzateer
06-06-2019, 07:11 AM
I like the fast pass seats

Dulcee
06-06-2019, 08:39 AM
We always enjoy Fantasmic, as someone else mentioned we find the ending quintessential Disney.

Cinderelley
06-07-2019, 01:15 AM
Thanks for the info. I'll fit it into their plans.

texas211
06-07-2019, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll fit it into their plans.

Fantasmic is a must.

Cinderelley
06-07-2019, 11:22 PM
Fantasmic is a must.

Not for me . . . unless the dragon is working.

texas211
06-08-2019, 03:04 PM
The DL one is great.

Giggy
06-09-2019, 08:07 AM
Fantasmic is always a must for us, but we only visit WDW every few years so it is two weeks of trying to do everything!

We don't tend to book in advance, often what we have done is a morning and early afternoon at a waterpark, then late afternoon head over to DHS and enjoy a few rides (making use of FP for some of the big rides on our last visit) before heading across to the theatre to get ready for Fantasmic, eating a snack whilst waiting in the theatre. That said e normally go at quieter times of the year, this plan may not work as well in July for example.

Altair
06-09-2019, 08:28 AM
Also, it there are two shows a night the second one is less crowded.

DizneyFreak2002
06-10-2019, 01:20 PM
Dragon was working 2 weeks ago when I was there...

PopPhan
06-10-2019, 02:54 PM

Unfortunately, the dragon is not the same as the one at Disneyland. Nowhere near as impressive. And the snake is just a waste of time to me. LOL Still, I do like Fantasmic! as a whole. Different than any of the other three closing shows/fireworks going on right now.

Ranking:
1)Illuminations: Reflections of Earth
2a)Happily Ever After (Still would love to have Wishes back, with a few updates/upgrades.)
2b)Fantasmic!
4)River of Light (Have not seen the new show yet.)

But, in the end, you are at Walt Disney World, so it's ALL good!!!!

Cinderelley
06-10-2019, 11:01 PM
Dragon was working 2 weeks ago when I was there...

Was it? That is awesome news!

Cinderelley
06-10-2019, 11:02 PM
Unfortunately, the dragon is not the same as the one at Disneyland. Nowhere near as impressive. And the snake is just a waste of time to me. LOL Still, I do like Fantasmic! as a whole. Different than any of the other three closing shows/fireworks going on right now.

Ranking:
1)Illuminations: Reflections of Earth
2a)Happily Ever After (Still would love to have Wishes back, with a few updates/upgrades.)
2b)Fantasmic!
4)River of Light (Have not seen the new show yet.)

But, in the end, you are at Walt Disney World, so it's ALL good!!!!

Wishes forever!

joanna71985
06-14-2019, 02:31 PM
Also, it there are two shows a night the second one is less crowded.

unfortunately there is rarely 2 shows a night anymore (most of the time there is only 1)

Cinderelley
06-15-2019, 01:36 AM
Ok. I planned it for the end of their vacation with the dining package at Mama Melrose. Who knows if it will even still be around by then. They've gotten rid of everything else.

texas211
06-15-2019, 08:29 AM
Ok. I planned it for the end of their vacation with the dining package at Mama Melrose. Who knows if it will even still be around by then. They've gotten rid of everything else.

You'll sit in the parking lot with a cold hamburger and like it.