PDA

View Full Version : Child Swap and Fast Pass plus?

Dulcee
05-20-2019, 08:15 AM
Help, I'm confused and want to plan appropriately!

When it comes to fast pass plus and child swapping, do both adults need a fast pass plus in order to utilize the fastpass line and obtain a child swap?

aka:
Only Dad has a fast pass for Splash Mountain.
Dad gets in fast pass line, Mom gets a child swap.
Dad rides.
Mom uses child swap to hop into fast pass line with child swap pass.

I ask only because there is conflicting information. Two pages on the disney mom's panel website (an official disney site) say you only need a fast pass for the original rider. But on our last trip a cast member at one ride said we both needed the fast pass. Other cast members said no, only the original riders. I'm so confused.

I'm by no means trying to skirt rules, I just want to plan my fast passes appropriately.
Thanks!

Cinderelley
05-21-2019, 07:26 AM
My DD and DSIL had fastpasses for both of them when they baby swapped my DGD. Also be aware that they were not allowed to use the single rider like and use baby swap.

Dulcee
05-22-2019, 08:16 AM
For anyone interested I emailed disney and was told "they recently changed their policy" and that all riders utilizing child swap via a fast pass line need a fast pass. This is frustrating as the mom panel pages that clearly say only the riders in the first group using child swap need a fast pass is STILL active and is a disney run page.

PirateLover
05-27-2019, 11:27 AM
For anyone interested I emailed disney and was told "they recently changed their policy" and that all riders utilizing child swap via a fast pass line need a fast pass. This is frustrating as the mom panel pages that clearly say only the riders in the first group using child swap need a fast pass is STILL active and is a disney run page.

Good to have an official answer. I am not surprised. Once they started moving the rider swap passes to the app rather than the old paper pass they used to give, I figured this was only a matter of time. I know that they began enforcing this on popular rides like Flight of Passage, but not some of the others. It could also vary from CM to CM.
I agree with you that they need to get the messaging strait across their platforms because this is big change for people who are used to maximizing the old system.