PDA

View Full Version : Mother of Bride help

Jeri Lynn
05-01-2019, 01:37 PM
Hi everyone,
My daughter is getting married August 31st. This will be an outdoor wedding in a field at the grooms fathers house. For those MOB’s who have had summer weddings can you recommend what I should wear. I’m leaning towards a long gown because I will be wearing flats. There is no way to wear high heels in the field. Some of the gowns just look so formal and fancy. My daughter is wearing a gown, of course, and the bridesmaids all have gowns that look like long flowing sun dresses.

I’m just stumped.

disney obsessed
05-01-2019, 10:35 PM
I love the long flowy sundress idea! My girls were married in may but had a more formal event. I would have loved to wear a great long sundress but was stuck with only formals. I think that mob dresses have come a long way over the years. Neither of mine looked matronly. Lilly pulitzer makes beautiful long summer dresses.

Cinderelley
05-02-2019, 05:51 PM
I think you could do the long summer dress in a color that complements the bridesmaids/bride. Does your daughter have anything particular in mind?

Jeri Lynn
05-03-2019, 12:41 PM
I would love to go with a sleeveless sundress but alas I hate my arms!

I’m looking at some dresses by Cameron Blake. I am having such a hard time.

Jeri Lynn
05-03-2019, 12:44 PM
The brides maids are wearing different colors. A slate blue, cream and blush. The two Maids of honors are actually in a floral print. 10 girls in all. Their dresses are long and flowy, strapless and spaghetti straps. She let them pick the style that felt most comfortable to them.

I’m going to the bridal shop Monday and I’ve found some designs I like by Cameron Blake. I hope I leaving having ordered a dress!

Cinderelley
05-03-2019, 05:04 PM
Try not to stress about it too much. Just enjoy the time with your daughter. It will make for some wonderful memories.