PDA

View Full Version : Rafiki’s Planet Watch to Re-Open at Disney's Animal Kingdom

Figment!
03-19-2019, 01:03 PM
Disney's Animal Kingdom has announced the first details for the re-opening of Rafiki’s Planet Watch:

Rafiki’s Planet Watch, the Affection Section and the Wildlife Express will fully reopen this summer. The area will include a few new enhancements and join the celebration of all things “The Lion King.” 

Rafiki’s Planet Watch will still include the animal encounters our guests love, as well as new experiences that draw from Disney’s rich heritage of wildlife animation, featuring a celebration of “The Lion King.” We cherish this special place where our guests and cast members can connect to the magic of nature and see the importance Disney places on animal care and conservation in our parks and around the world.

Simba's Mom
03-20-2019, 02:31 PM
I'm so excited about this! And it's reopening in time for my September trip (at least it's advertised that it will). I've always enjoyed Rafiki's Planet Watch and am looking forward to taking the train out there again.

deedee73
03-20-2019, 10:29 PM
I'm so excited about this! And it's reopening in time for my September trip (at least it's advertised that it will). I've always enjoyed Rafiki's Planet Watch and am looking forward to taking the train out there again.I am honestly surprised that some portion of this will not be up and running in time for the annual Earth Day celebration at Animal Kingdom. On the other hand, I am thrilled it is reopening. My family has always enjoyed the trek to Rafiki's Pmanet Watch and I am happy it is still going to be there in some capacity.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MNNHFLTX
03-21-2019, 11:30 AM
Glad (and surprised) that this is reopening!

Disney4us2
03-21-2019, 04:07 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing the refurbishment. I always liked seeing procedures at the vet window. Hope they kept it.

texas211
03-30-2019, 01:44 PM
I'm surprised since anything that used to be educational (like Epcot) is being transformed into the movie of the week attractions.