PDA

View Full Version : Disney After Hours Animal Kingdom

NY GOOFY
03-13-2019, 02:10 PM
Last time we went to AK the line for FOP was 150 Minutes right before park close. How does that affect FOP during the Disney After Hours events? If we buy tickets for this event, are the lines for FOP still very long? If the line is 2 hours at 8pm at park close, does that mean the line is like 90 minutes when the event begins because you will be behind all of the people who were on the 2 hour line at 8pm? Was thinking about trying this one night but don't want to spend half of the event waiting on line for FOP.

1000th_Ghost
03-20-2019, 08:33 AM
Hey there. We did the Animal Kingdom After Hours thing a couple of weeks ago. We, too, were worried that we'd be standing in line for FOP for much of the evening, but this wasn't the case. Sure, we had to wait in line (20mins) right at the beginning because, of course, everyone headed to FOP first, but after that, we were able to ride many times. Actually, towards the end of the night, we were buzzing right through...sometimes alone. This was the case for all the other attractions, too. Seriously, at times, it felt like we had the park to ourselves. The cast members on Expedition Everest really had a good time with this. They were a lot of fun! My only complaint is that we didn't get to see the whole queue line for FOP. They took us through the Fast Pass queue. I had ridden before this event and I got to experience how great the details are in the Standby line, but this was the first time for my two adult children. I wanted them to see everything! Still...that's my only complaint. I'd definitely do After Hours again!

1DisneyNut
03-20-2019, 09:03 AM
I haven't done the after hours events but from my understanding, those who paid for the after hours event enter the fastpass line once the event begins and eventually all those in the standby line that are not part of the after hours event make it on the ride and then are nudged to the park exit.