PDA

View Full Version : Keurigs in Beach Club Villas?

Iluvtink
03-11-2019, 12:50 PM
While watching a YouTube video of some folks taking a tour of some newly refurbished rooms in some of the resorts, I noticed that some rooms appear to have Keurig coffee machines, while others still have the traditional coffee makers. Does anyone know if they have Keurigs in the Beach Club Villas? :mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
03-14-2019, 11:53 AM
Sorry I can't add to this since it has been a while since we have used our DVC at WDW. I really hope this is the case! I am getting tired of taking ours down with us. We have serious issues with the stuff they call "coffee" down there.

missymouseworld
03-14-2019, 01:57 PM
I can't answer for the Beach Club, but when we were at Boardwalk Villas (Studio room)in November they had the traditional basket style coffee maker. I looked online as well before we left to see if they were updated, and no such luck.

I did read a post on the Mom's Panel from Feb. 2018 stating the following:

"It turns out, the K-cup style Keurig brewers are a guest favorite, so more Walt Disney World Resort Hotels are adding them. After a bit of field research and phone calls, I was able to secure a short list of guaranteed Keurig-style brewing Resorts. Disney’s Port Orleans - French Quarter and Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort will offer these coffee makers in the refurbished rooms. All of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa standard rooms, all of Disney’s Contemporary Resort standard rooms as well as the Club Levels of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge and Disney’s Boardwalk Inn offer the Keurig style machines. As a general rule, villas will offer a full coffee pot and studio rooms will offer the Cuisinart flat pod-style two cup brewer. The Disney Value Resorts will not offer a coffee machine of any kind, with the exception of the family suites in Disney’s Art of Animation and Disney’s All-Star Music Resort. At this time, all other Moderate, Deluxe and DVC resorts currently offer the 2 cup flat pod Cuisinart style machine."

PopPhan
03-14-2019, 02:47 PM
I can't answer for the Beach Club, but when we were at Boardwalk Villas (Studio room)in November they had the traditional basket style coffee maker. I looked online as well before we left to see if they were updated, and no such luck.

I did read a post on the Mom's Panel from Feb. 2018 stating the following:

"It turns out, the K-cup style Keurig brewers are a guest favorite, so more Walt Disney World Resort Hotels are adding them. After a bit of field research and phone calls, I was able to secure a short list of guaranteed Keurig-style brewing Resorts. Disney’s Port Orleans - French Quarter and Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort will offer these coffee makers in the refurbished rooms. All of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa standard rooms, all of Disney’s Contemporary Resort standard rooms as well as the Club Levels of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge and Disney’s Boardwalk Inn offer the Keurig style machines. As a general rule, villas will offer a full coffee pot and studio rooms will offer the Cuisinart flat pod-style two cup brewer. The Disney Value Resorts will not offer a coffee machine of any kind, with the exception of the family suites in Disney’s Art of Animation and Disney’s All-Star Music Resort. At this time, all other Moderate, Deluxe and DVC resorts currently offer the 2 cup flat pod Cuisinart style machine."

That is definitely incorrect. The Values have had the Cuisinart pod style coffee makers since the rehab.

BUT, no Keurigs...at least in Pop.

missymouseworld
03-15-2019, 06:46 AM
I did find the answer from the Mom's Panel a little off considering it stated "As a general rule, villas will offer a full coffee pot and studio rooms will offer the Cuisinart flat pod-style two cup brewer." and the studio room we were in had a traditional style coffee maker. :confused:

I guess it's a surprise when you arrive as to which machine you have. :secret:

Simba's Mom
03-20-2019, 02:37 PM
The Beach Club Villas are my favorite, but I've never seen Keurigs, only traditional Mr. Coffees. Last visit was 6 months ago.

PopPhan
03-20-2019, 03:39 PM
I did find the answer from the Mom's Panel a little off considering it stated "As a general rule, villas will offer a full coffee pot and studio rooms will offer the Cuisinart flat pod-style two cup brewer." and the studio room we were in had a traditional style coffee maker. :confused:

I guess it's a surprise when you arrive as to which machine you have. :secret:

It sometimes depends on how OLD the answer is. I have noticed that some of the Mom's Panel answers have not been kept up to date....

texas211
03-31-2019, 07:41 PM
Hmm, took out soap and put in dispensers to "save the environment." Now puts in Keurig machines.

More like, "Save a buck."